IMD describe yourself essay

Hi, I am totally flummoxed by this essay from IMD Essay - Describe yourself Essay Explanation - How do you imagine your superior would describe your strengths and weaknesses to someone who does not know you? A. Do we write this essay in third pers…

Hi, I am totally flummoxed by this essay from IMD Essay - Describe yourself Essay Explanation - How do you imagine your superior would describe your strengths and weaknesses to someone who does not know you? A. Do we write this essay in third person - Abhishek is dedicated, sincere guy.. He has done.... Has excels in...He is known to be.. etc. or B. should I write it as My supervisor would describe me as dedicated sincere guy... I have done.. I excel in.. I am known to..My supervisor admires this qualities and would surely think of these as my defining attributes... With (A), it just sounds weird that I write in thrid person about myself With (B), I can't write My supervisor would describe/think/believe of me... etc on every line. Should I go with (B) as I have articulated above? Thanks Abhi

IMD at 19?? If I remember right, I hadn't even graduated at 19. Are they awarding degrees that early in life these days??? Hmmmmmm.

Anyway, your question. I would do this essay in the third person. IF you do it right, it can be very powerful and bring out everything you want to. Another approach you could go with is to combine both approaches. Both would work, depending, of course, on execution. There was a similar question for Chicago, and I went with a combination of both.

THanks NC.
Sorry, the age should have read 90. Fox pass. 😃

I would say something like "My boss has told me that blah blah is the reason he loves to have me on his team. That is probably the first thing he would say to someone.......He has also expressed concerns on my ability to take decisions in ambiguity. Since this is part of my growth plan perhaps the coversations would touch upon that aspect as well."

Or something like that.

BTW its "faux pas" not whatever else you wrote.

Arun