Illinois (UIUC) MBA 2009 aspirants and admits

Guys, I am creating this thread for all those who are either applicants of or have admits from Illinois MBA - UIUC. Has anyone applied to UIUC for 2009 and received an interview call? Please post your experiences. All the best.

Guys,

I am creating this thread for all those who are either applicants of or have admits from Illinois MBA - UIUC.

Has anyone applied to UIUC for 2009 and received an interview call?

Please post your experiences. All the best.

Guys,

I am creating this thread for all those who are either applicants of or have admits from Illinois MBA - UIUC.

Has anyone applied to UIUC for 2009 and received an interview call?

Please post your experiences. All the best.

I applied to illinois mba nd got interview invite too....did my interview in person at mumbai with assistant dean of admission.....No news from adcom yet:-x

Congratulations on being interviewed from Illinois MBA. How was your interview?

Could you please share your profile and the list of other schools which you have applied to?

I received an e-mail today asking for an interview on campus.

Since I cannot go there, I will request for a telephonic interview.

Anyone else got a similar mail?

Hi all,

This is Subhro. I had an interview with Dean Miller on 10th in Delhi. The interview went fine. The questions were mostly related to the MBA decision. The result is expected in the first half of Feb.

Regards

Thanks for posting the message, Shubro.
Q1. How do you know the result is expected in first half of Feb. Did Dean Miller mentioned to you that in the interview?
Q2. What is your opinion on Illinois MBA? Please post your profile.

Well, I don't recollect vividly but I guess I heard it in the info session from Ms Miller.
In my opinion the thing that is important about any mba program is the diversity of the student community and the ranking of the program. Illinois mba for that matter has both these ingredients. Once you get into any school it depends on you how much u can extract from the resources available. Also the fee is much less compared to other colleges.

Tell me how your application went.

hi everybody

had an interview with Dean Miller on 10th in Delhi...got an admit on 22nd Jan...waiting for their admissions packet for scholarship info...all the best for your results, interviews and applications.

Siddharth

Hi Sidharth,

Congratulations for your result. At what time was your interview? And also tell us about your profile.

hi everybody

had an interview with Dean Miller on 10th in Delhi...got an admit on 22nd Jan...waiting for their admissions packet for scholarship info...all the best for your results, interviews and applications.

Siddharth

Siddharth,

Congrats on your admit! How inclined are u on UIUC? Me awaiting notification from them as well.

Sowmya

thanks sowmya and sjpaul

my interview was at 10:30am...what time was yours?...i attended the info session too at 4pm...were you there?

my profile:
GMAT: 700/5.5
TOEFL: 109
Background: BTech ELectrical frm NIT Hamirpur (H.P)
Work ex: 38 months by Fall'09 at ABB Limited (1 yr in quality at prodn floor and then 2yrs in marketing)
Acads: good
Extra curricular: good
Community: Average

I have been admitted to Simon Rochester with 10KUSD annual schol...and waitlisted at Georgetown McDonough. I'm waiting for UIUC admissions packet for schol. Chances are that i go for Simon rochester. Any advise/suggestions from you all will be very helpful.

ALL THE BEST for your results...

Hi Sowmya,

In which round did you apply in UIUC? Please give a brief profile of yours.

Regards,
Subhro

Hi Sidharth,

I was also in the info session. Congratulations for the Simon call. Some people like you get all the calls. Did you apply in the first round? Had you submitted financial verification from also with the transcript.

I have been admitted to the Illinois MBA. I received the email last week.

Hi BubsMBA,

Congratulations for your call. Please give us ur brief profile.

Regards,
Subhro

Sidkg / Bubsmba: Congratulations.

I too am in at Illinois.

-> 710/5.5; 110
-> 7+ years exp in business process management (started as a software engineer)
-> Average acads (explained in optional essay) from a good non-IIT engg college
-> Lots of co- & extracurriculars in college; substantial community service while at work

Interviewed in person with Associate Dean Mary Miller in Bangalore on Jan-6. Mary had my whole application with her, and was very thorough. Saying that, she was attentive and patient - she let me weave my story, which made for a very good interview.

The interview was for around 45 mins and consisted of a combination of standard questions (Why MBA; Goals; Why Illinois and how does it tie to your goals; Strengths: "Tell me three things about yourself that you would you like me to take back to the rest of the admissions committee?", How will you contribute to the Illinois MBA community, etc) and questions specific to my work, as well as education and career paths.

I also attended the Illinois info session that was held later that evening - met a couple of current Indian students there.

I am expecting my admissions packet sometime this week.

Good luck to all of you.

Hi BubsMBA and sidkg,

First off, a huge CONGRATZ to both of you for getting in at University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign. :smile:

My name is Smitha and I'm a 1st year student at Illinois, currently doing my 2nd semester.

Please let me know if you have any queries about any further procedures, or generally about life here in Urbana-Champaign. I will be happy to help you out .. :wink:

Have a gr8 day!

Hello everyone,

I would like to congratulate BubsMBA, Msmram & sidkg for having received an offer already. I am Gill and am a classmate of Smitha. My ongoing year at UIUC has so far been good although the temperature here is killing me :).

Do post in any of your concerns or issues related to GMAT applications in general and UIUC in particular. Smitha and I will try to assist you to the best of our abilities. Best of luck to everyone who is expecting a decision.

Regards
Gill

Hello Smitha, Gill,

Great to hear from you. Thank you for reaching out and offering to help with information about Illinois.

So what is a typical weekday like at Illinois? What about the weekend?

Economy notwithstanding, how are Indians in your class faring with Internships this year? Which companies at Illinois hire internationals? How well does Illinois give access to potential employers? How was the Illinois alum network helped in your search for internships?

Does Illinois let students reapply for scholarships in the 2nd year? If so, what are the typical scholarship amounts students receive in the 2nd year?

What is the monthly payment (rent,utilities) for a 2-bed apartment near the campus? How much are other living expenses on average?

Thanks again. Looking forward to seeing you at U-C.