IITs TO DISSOLVE JMET

FRIENDS, AFTER SUCH A HORRIBLE NORMALISATION AKA RANDOMISATION OF CAT 2010 SCORES, DO U SUPPORT THIS MOVE BY IITs? I DONT AS I THINK THAT A 20 DAY SPAN EXAM CAN NEVER BE AS FARE AS A ONE DAY EXAM & ONE SUCH EXAM WILL BE REDUCED IF IITs DECIDE…

FRIENDS, AFTER SUCH A HORRIBLE NORMALISATION AKA RANDOMISATION OF CAT 2010 SCORES, DO U SUPPORT THIS MOVE BY IITs?

I DONT AS I THINK THAT A 20 DAY SPAN EXAM CAN NEVER BE AS FARE AS A ONE DAY EXAM & ONE SUCH EXAM WILL BE REDUCED IF IITs DECIDE TO FINALISE THIS STEP.

please do post your views friends.

can you please quote the source of the information??

this can be easily treated as rumor if there is no source quoted.

pagalguy only mentioned that............so i take it that there is a possibility of happening so..........n thats why i asked whether this change is good or not............

IIT's should think our that...dissloving JMET would be a setback...becoz u cant trust the cat scores ....and if u had a one bad day you are going to loose a chance of getting admission in IIM as well as IIT's

yahaa likhne se kya hoga???

ye baatein IITs waalo ko bhi samajhni chahiye naa....These days no1 tries2 take any efforts 4 anything...every1 wants 2 have precooked food....

this is what IITs are saying...decrease in the number of JMET takers and lots of efforts in conducting JMET are being given as the reason 4 this thinking of theirs...Ab ye to koi baat nahi hui....

we students' careers' are at stake.....but no1 seems willing 2 give it a serious thought

yeah thats what is my concern...............a bad day in cat n u r doomed...........jmet was my 2nd hope after cat (if all goes good 4 me on that day).............n if jmet is dissolved then pressure on cat is mounted.

Can v drop in mails 2 IIT informing them about the mass opinion??

After last year's fiasco I was luking fwd 2 JMET..wid this piece of news things surely are taking an absolutely diff angle and that too at a high pace..These convenors and other administrators are testing our resilience!! we are hardly outa the aftermath of one shock and there comes another....

Jus one doubt if at all dis happens then do non engineers can also apply for IIT's?

PS: I am an engineer

Jus one doubt if at all dis happens then do non engineers can also apply for IIT's?

I don't think so they will allow non-engineers to enter IITs as they have ample engg students..
Can v drop in mails 2 IIT informing them about the mass opinion??

After last year's fiasco I was luking fwd 2 JMET..wid this piece of news things surely are taking an absolutely diff angle and that too at a high pace..These convenors and other administrators are testing our resilience!! we are hardly outa the aftermath of one shock and there comes another....

its not yet finalised but going by what iits are upto now even with their technical entrance course (i mean frequent changes) they may well even change management entrance pattern. so yeah, we may voice our opinions.

no information regarding though many non-engineers r rejoicing to hear this change ,assuming, that they may apply too.

ps: i am also an engineer

I think the decision has already been reached.

IITK out of JMET this year.

MBA admission 2012-2014

omg! my nightmares becoming true!

I think the decision has already been reached.

IITK out of JMET this year.

MBA admission 2012-2014

Bhai log

Please keep patience, VGSOM considered CAT score for admission last time also
They have mentioned that

"Please note that candidate's score in CAT, which will be conducted by the IIMs in November 2011, will be considered for admission to 2012-2014 MBA Programme at VGSOM, IIT Kharagpur."

they have not mentioned only CAT

Hence would suggest guys lets concentrate in prep right now, and if JMET gets scrapped anyway, it will be scrapped for all

After the IIMs saga of increasing diversity in their batch , I think IIT will also follow the same and they will allow every graduate to enter into their MBA Programs

Why this whole world is envy of engineers ??

Just because we enjoy the max in our 4 years of engineering

One thing. Drop thousands of emails...go to court..do anything,but nothing will happen..a decision once taken is taken...so in all of you puys interest I will say that there is no point mulling over this issue..and taking such actions..

some may argue that ''it is this attitude which will you lead to nowhere'' then my friends, when cat was abnormalized for the first time..many of us puys wasted loads and loads of time..mailing,pil,strikes and what not 😛 but nothing happened..even this year few puys did that..but to no avail...

ATB!

Yes all Puys !!

Khud ko kar lo buland itna ki Khuda khud pooche bata teri raja kya hai !

Yes , I am an engineer , Yes I am working in IT industry and Yes I am a boy !!

But Still I will make it to IIMs .

P.S. - > I believe in rumors that IIMs prefer girls over boys .

Bhai log

Please keep patience, VGSOM considered CAT score for admission last time also
They have mentioned that

"Please note that candidate's score in CAT, which will be conducted by the IIMs in November 2011, will be considered for admission to 2012-2014 MBA Programme at VGSOM, IIT Kharagpur."

they have not mentioned only CAT

Hence would suggest guys lets concentrate in prep right now, and if JMET gets scrapped anyway, it will be scrapped for all

Dude its height of optimism... If they would be considering JMET then they would have mentioned both but they have mentioned that they will consider CAT. Last year they have considered both but never mentioned such notification before about CAT alone.

It implies that IIT Kgp is out of JMET but it doesn't mean IITs have abolished JMET. May be there will be JMET and other iits will consider that or may not be at all. As per Pg article they have another meeting in Sept when they will take a final call... so hope for the best.

But if something is going to happen like that then there must be some way out to reach to them. We can elaborate them about our concern, may be they will consider that before taking a decision.
Yes all Puys !!

Khud ko kar lo buland itna ki Khuda khud pooche bata teri raja kya hai !

Yes , I am an engineer , Yes I am working in IT industry and Yes I am a boy !!

But Still I will make it to IIMs .

P.S. - > I believe in rumors that IIMs prefer girls over boys .

i am an engineer, will start working in an IT industry within a month, i am a girl & please do not believe in rumours for the simple reason that they are rumours & not facts & YES I HOPE TO GET INTO THE IIMs.