IIT Kanpur MBA Admissions 2006 Queries

Hi All All the queries relating to MBA Admissions at IIT Kanpur are to be posted here. You are free to come up with queries relating to the admission process. The MBA batch of 2007 will answer your queries. GD/PI related experiences would be put…

Hi All
All the queries relating to MBA Admissions at IIT Kanpur are to be posted here. You are free to come up with queries relating to the admission process. The MBA batch of 2007 will answer your queries. GD/PI related experiences would be put up shortly
Krishna Mohan
PR Cell
MBA Class of 2007
A311, Hall IV
IIT Kanpur-208016
Ph: 9450346610
email: [email protected]

Hi ,
I am here with a second post. The batch of 2006 is fully placed with around 100% of the batch getting placed on the first day itself. The Average salary offered was 6 lakhs , with the highest salary being 8 lakhs. The major recruiters include Citi Bank,Accenture, Genpact, Bristle Cone.
http://www.pagalguy.com/index.php?categoryid=15&p2;_articleid=210
Please get back for any furthur queries

ah...finally ...KIM..
can u let us know what was the last rank that received a GD call last year and the last rank that converted ??
are there any other criteria for the GD PI calls excpet for the JMET rank n
work -ex.???

hi sir,

I AM GETTING ABOUT 55-57 IN JMET
X-87
XII-84
B.E-76 I AM A FRESHER..ANY CHANCES OF CALL FROM IIT KANPUR.... PLEASE HELP ME OUT SENIORS.................

Does IIT K look for candidates who are good in acads and have strong engg background? I am worried as I "forgot" my engg subjects and now after all the CAT & JMET (and XAT/FMS to go), I cant remember what I studied..

hi schumi

Last rank that got converted was around 1450.This was for a guy who had a work ex of two years.The GD/PI calls were given upto a rank of 1550.
For ur question Drgrudge
You dont need to know all ur engg stuff but at the same time ur basics should be good. Final calls depend upon a combination of ur performance in JMET,GD and PI .Past academic record is also given some weightage.

Renish Panakkal
MBA-Class of 2007
IIT Kanpur

Thanks renish80 to clear some air..
Can you tell abt placements at IIT K? I did see the link given by KIMO007, but I want to know if there are foreign offers and how was the placements for freshers?

Hi Arora Sunny,
Your score of 55-57 should fetch you a rank of 1000(analysis by TIME). So you stand a high chance of getting call from iit kanpur and kharagpur
All the best

I have a JMET score between 52-56
10TH:91
12TH:95
B.E:74% but with backlogs including one right now

what are my chances considering the fact that I am a fresher. Heard that IITK is too acad driven.. is it true.. does a person like me even stand a chance ??:

There were no direct foreign offers ,but there is a high chance of working outside the country after the training period. Regarding fresher placements, the highest salary offered was 6 lakhs with the average standing around 4.75 lakhs

Thanks renish80 to clear some air..
Can you tell abt placements at IIT K? I did see the link given by KIMO007, but I want to know if there are foreign offers and how was the placements for freshers?
I have a JMET score between 52-56
10TH:91
12TH:95
B.E:74% but with backlogs including one right now

what are my chances considering the fact that I am a fresher. Heard that IITK is too acad driven.. is it true.. does a person like me even stand a chance ??:

Hi krishnan,

According to TIME analysis, you have a chance of getting a rank of around 1500-2500( your score range given is high). Your acads are fine. Last year , freshers were given calls till 1800 and you have high chances if your rank falls in this range. This is only based on our last year experience and this year's calls would be given based on the application sample recieved and the weightage given to other factors like workex , acads may also vary. If you are given a call, it is up to you to support your candidature in the interview for final selection.
All the best

Dear ALL,

This year the IITK MBA placements was very good. All the 46 students were placed on Day Zero. The companies that Visited are:

Citibank
Accenture
IBM
Infosys
GENPACT
Vedanta
BristleCone
ICICI Bank
E-serve
Hcl Tech.
Market Rx

There were many other good companies lined up but didn't get a chance .

The highest Gross salary Offered was 8 L and if U consider CTC it will go above 10L.

The lowest salary Offered was 4L Gross.

Avg Salary was around 6L.

I would request all of u to go through the faculty profile of all the IIts and then take ur pick.

Most of the faculty of IITk are from IIMs and are very good.

Thanks and Regards,

Saugata Roy
MBA batch of 2007
IITK

what is the last rank got admission into IIT kanpur

It was 1550 as quoted by renish in one of the posts above

Hi All
All the queries relating to MBA Admissions at IIT Kanpur are to be posted here. You are free to come up with queries relating to the admission process. The MBA batch of 2007 will answer your queries. GD/PI related experiences would be put up shortly
Krishna Mohan
PR Cell
MBA Class of 2007
A311, Hall IV
IIT Kanpur-208016

can u giv me an idea abt the requred rank in JMET(Marks in particular) to get a call frm IIT Kanpur
kabirkhanna148 Says
can u giv me an idea abt the requred rank in JMET(Marks in particular) to get a call frm IIT Kanpur

Hi Kabir,
U can get a call for ranks below 1500 (as per last year's statistics) .It is somewhere like above 55 marks according to the analysis of TIME.

Hi Everybody...
Just to give u a feeler about how the GD/PI process is likely to be I am posting my experience , many of my classmates will be posting theirs too...
The GD/PI rounds were around the first week of March last year.The centres were Delhi,Mumbai and Kanpur.
Mine was at Delhi, the GD was unlike other GDs that I had attended before.In my opinion the recruiters were not looking for aggresive public speaking skills. what was being gauged was your communication skills and analytical ability.
We were a group og about 12 people and were give a case study about a certain CEO of IBM(I cant recall his name!) after about 5 minutes or so we were asked to summarize individually our analysis of the case based on a few questions.Each of us were given an airtime of about 3 minutes.After this the discussion was open to the group for about 10 mins.
I managed to make my points mainly in my 3 minute airtime.I spoke once when the discuusion was thrown open to the group.
My interview was reasonably smooth.I was asked some basic questions on my field of engineering(Electrical and Electronics), and also some high school physics questions.I have work-ex in Marketing Research , I was asked question related to that too.
It wasn't too long an interview it lasted for about 15 minutes.
I hope this will prove useful.

Vidya Gopal
MBA 2005-2007
IIT KANPUR

Hi
I am posting my gd/pi experience so that it may be of a help to the aspiring candidates
My GD/PI was at IIT Delhi on 5th march 2005. The interview panel consisted of 4 people and they basically asked questions on common stuff like strengths, weaknesses etc and some questions were asked on engg maths( on Integrals) and Control systems( I was of Electrical Engg back ground). The GD consisted of a group of 12 people. We were given a case and each of us were asked to speak about it for 2 minutes. After that the group was left open for discussion. I talked only 6 times in the GD and i think i was able to make good points.
I hope mine and vidya's experiences would help the aspirants. In case of any furthur queries, please feel free to get back to us

regards

Hi All
Krishna Mohan
PR Cell
MBA Class of 2007
A311, Hall IV
IIT Kanpur-208016

Hi Sir
I may score 58-60 marks in JMET.
What are my chances if my acads are:

X= 84%
XII =80