IIT Kanpur GD-PI Call getters discussion 2013-15

*Congratulations to all the candidates shortlisted for GD-PI *GD-PI shortlist is declared and you can check your result from following link if you have not done it already. http://oag.iitk.ac.in:8181/Oa/Jsp/jmetAdmit/jmetonline/jmet_mai

Congratulations to all the candidates shortlisted for GD-PI

GD-PI shortlist is declared and you can check your result from following link if you have not done it already.

http://oag.iitk.ac.in:8181/Oa/Jsp/jmetAdmit/jmetonline/jmet_main.jsp

Cut off for the GD-PI Shortlist is as follow:

General Candidates: Overall 95.20 Percentile. No sectional Cut off
OBC-NC Candidates: Overall 85.68 Percentile.No sectional Cut off
SC/ST Candidates: Overall 75 Percentile.No sectional Cut off

All the candidates who are on or above the cutoff percentile and satisfy minimum eligibility criteria as mentioned on the IIT K website are called for GD/PI.

Link for eligibility criteria: http://www.iitk.ac.in/ime/MBA_IITK/admission.html

The Cut offs are purposefully kept lower compare to other Colleges because From the past data IIT K has seen that Good score in CAT does not necessarily Mean that Candidate is good Academically. In Fact People who have bit lower Cat score are doing good in Academic here and therefore We don't want to raise the cut off too much. At the same time we have limitation in total processing time of the candidates coming for GD-PI hence cut off was decided as mentioned above for each category.

Also Note Following things:

(1) Around 950 students are called for GD/PI for Total 78 seats.
(2) All shortlisted candidates will receive an GD-PI letter on their registered E-mail Id within 3 days. It will have exact date and time of your interview. Interviews will be held between 11-14th April 2013 and it will be held at Kanpur Only.

Please Continue your further discussion on this thread.

950 for just 78 seats !!! competition just got hell lot tougher

Do we need to send anymore documents ?

@kleptomaniac_20 said:
Do we need to send anymore documents ?
No. You will only need to come with original documents at the time of GD/PI. Details will be given in the GD-PI letter

is there an upper cut off?Y am i not shortlisted for 98.72???

@bardock123 wat is ur graduation percentage?

btech 74.6

@bardock123 can u giv ur d.o.b and cat reg number.....let me check once....as i believe u hav 2 b shortlisted

what is the marks distribution for the final list?

@vitaj i have PMed you the details yrr.

What are the seats for general ???? and how many are called under general category

Since the conversion ratio is 1:12, what will be criterion for conversion, as i have heard in Kanpur, the interviews are hardly kind of interviews.

Will there be waitlists also, or only 1 list like before. And by when final results will be out.

cuttoff very high ths time 😞

@chin2parikh after the gd/pi round do we have any waitlist or only 78 ppl are offered admission. can u please reply on this.

got thru...:)
not sure whether i'll attend it or not.....

Is maths compulsory in class 12th? I did my Btech Bioinformatics and didn't have maths in class 12th

facebuk link plz

Does IIT-K provide accomodation to GD-PI call getters ?