IIT Delhi Queries

Hey junta… pls post your queries regarding DMS, IIT Delhi… we students at IITD will try and clear any doubts… cheers ::

Hey junta....
pls post your queries regarding DMS, IIT Delhi...

we students at IITD will try and clear any doubts...

cheers

hi ..
could u tell me what was the approximate cutoff(jmet ranks) while giving calls?

thanks

Hi eddy
I want to know about the plcaements @ IITD for guys with prv workex of 36 mons. Also what was the last year's cutoff JMET rank in the final admission.
Thanks in advance

Eddy, I want to know how's the campus life in IIT-D?

could u tell me what was the approximate cutoff(jmet ranks) while giving calls?

the cut off for GD- PI call this year for IIT D was 918 in the general category..
figures for other IITs ( approx)

bombay--- 400
kgp 1300
kanpur-- 1800

I want to know about the plcaements @ IITD for guys with prv workex of 36 mons. Also what was the last year's cutoff JMET rank in the final admission.

placements specially in the information management sector are excellent... and very good placements for finance and mktg and strategy...
we have people in our batch who have 5-8 yrs of good work-ex

and once u are called for the GD-PI stage , your rank does not matter in the final selection...

Eddy, I want to know how's the campus life in IIT-D?

campus life for those who live on campus is as good as it gets except the mess food..but the dhabas more than make up for it...

Eddy,
Can you arrange passes for Ron-day-voo at IIT Delhi ?

Can you arrange passes for Ron-day-voo at IIT Delhi ?

will try my best... abhi to busy with minor exams

hi guys
a true confession
i m a poor engg guy
with poor english good maths ok DI
can I get a call even if i just miss english cutoffs
& very good overall score??
pls help me out

what abt acads ??
each sem 60?? or yearly first class?

whatz abt specializations?
i m mech
so is it compulsary to join operations
or i can opt 4 marketting or ...
howz marketing / finance at IIT-D as compared
to IIMs & other insti.

hi...sorry for the late response but we were busy with our minor exams but here come the answers

hi guys
a true confession
i m a poor engg guy
with poor english good maths ok DI
can I get a call even if i just miss english cutoffs
& very good overall score??
pls help me out

what abt acads ??
each sem 60?? or yearly first class?

good news: yes u can cover up a relatively poor performance in one section of the JMET exam by getting a good overall score because as per the last year rules there were no sectional cut offs... but please keep in mind that the quant section can be a little tough and also check the exact syllabus for each section in the brochure and whether there will be a GK section or not..it was not there last year but came in the year before that....

whatz abt specializations?
i m mech
so is it compulsary to join operations
or i can opt 4 marketting or ...
howz marketing / finance at IIT-D as compared
to IIMs & other insti.

good news again:
irrespective of your background YOU can choose ANY SPECIALIZATION be it mktg, fin, hr, it, strategy, ops etc
and mktg and finance are very good at DMS IIT delhi considering we have top class faculty... dont worry...
best of luck

hey there are 3 types of programmes in IIT delhi:
2 year full time MBA with focus on Management Systems.
2-year full time MBA with focus on Telecommunication Systems Management, and
3-year part-time MBA for working executives with focus

Which one is apt fr me. I am an aeronautical engg final yr student. Ofcourse 3 yr part time is out of question. wat abt other 2?

hey there are 3 types of programmes in IIT delhi:
2 year full time MBA with focus on Management Systems.
2-year full time MBA with focus on Telecommunication Systems Management, and
3-year part-time MBA for working executives with focus

Which one is apt fr me. I am an aeronautical engg final yr student. Ofcourse 3 yr part time is out of question. wat abt other 2?

since u have ruled out the part time course , u r left wid the other two
very frankly..these are 2 different courses only on paper...

there is no diff between the two courses other than 3 subjects which differ,.. Telecom ppl study three courses on telecom mngmt which is called a focus module..MS ppl study a focus module on mngmt systems... these 2 focus modules are compulsory but we have a choice of also studying the other one in the second year..
so practically there is no diff btween the two courses with all the things including the classes and the placement procedure being the same..
8 - 10 ppl study the focus on telecom only because there are some telecom cos like the bharati group which specifically ask for ppl who have studied something extra in the telecom sector for placements...
otherwise students from both courses specialize in two areas in terms of major/minor.. normal areas like mktg, fin, hr, ops, IT, strategy, general mngmt etc

so u can take up any of the two courses... the admission procedure is the same but u have to indicate the priority when filling up the IIT D form post jmet results...

hope it helps....

Hi!

I am an engineering graduate working in a software company.Could you please inform me about the scholarships at IITD.It will be very helpful if you could inform me about the facilities for SC/ST students and the minimum rank for an SC/ST candidate.

Hi!

I am an engineering graduate working in a software company.Could you please inform me about the scholarships at IITD.It will be very helpful if you could inform me about the facilities for SC/ST students and the minimum rank for an SC/ST candidate.

hi!!!
scholarships are available for PG students ( post grad not pagalguy ) but there are very few of them and not very substantial..no separate schols for MBAs..
calls for sc/sts go upwards of rank 3000 at delhi...plus u have preference in the hostel and the book bank facilities...also the reduced fees...

and if u r an IT guy..u will love it here..nice place to learn and then get placed well

hi!!!
scholarships are available for PG students ( post grad not pagalguy ) but there are very few of them and not very substantial..no separate schols for MBAs..
calls for sc/sts go upwards of rank 3000 at delhi...plus u have preference in the hostel and the book bank facilities...also the reduced fees...

and if u r an IT guy..u will love it here..nice place to learn and then get placed well

Thank you very much for the information.

hey eddy i m an electrical engineer frm a reputed NIT(prev REC).But i hv a totally messed acad record..My final yr aggregate is 58%..i dnt think by any chance i m applicable for any of d IIts..........
looking 4ward 4 ur reply,
cheers
Rahul

Hi greycell,

The minimum percentage u need for jmet is 60% for general candidates though somewhat lesser for sc/st candidates.

hi,
this is not related particularly to IITD ,more with JMEt....

Is it always the trend that those who crack CAT (IIMS) are the ones who crack JMET as well.. i mean with no sectional cutoffs is there a slight difference? Are there people who dint do well in CAT , but could pull of quite well with JMET..

thanks!

hi,
this is not related particularly to IITD ,more with JMEt....

Is it always the trend that those who crack CAT (IIMS) are the ones who crack JMET as well.. i mean with no sectional cutoffs is there a slight difference? Are there people who dint do well in CAT , but could pull of quite well with JMET..

thanks!

sorry for the late response but these guys keep us busy

yes its true that ppl who do well in cat do well in jmet as well simply because the two papers are very similar in nature.. but there is some hope in jmet that there r no sectional cut-offs so a bad performance in 1 section can be compensated in another section... but the two exams do require similar preparations and u can expect similar results..

hope it helps