IIT-B (Sjmsom) GD/PI Experiences(2005-07)

Sjmsom has started its gd/pi process today those who are done with it please post your experiences here best of luck for the same:)

Sjmsom has started its gd/pi process today
those who are done with it please post your experiences here
best of luck for the same:)

Hi,
please post exp ... all guys who had today let the exp flow begin....
ppl at SJMSOM if they can give some important areas where there was main concern than please post....

Regards
Mohit

hi

guys please post your experiences
how much stress is being laid on acads?
what kind of gd : case study or normal one

waiting wid bated breath

Ok here goes...
my rank 9 ...2 yr workex IT ...decent not gr8 acads..
had the 2-6 gd/pi slot...
reported at iitb at 1230 ....
we were asked to wait in their seminar room(smthing like tht) ..where the current 1st yr doods gave a presentation...
eye of the tiger ...survivor ..playing in the background ...they even showed the tiger tht was caught in the iit campus some time back
.some q ans session ..pretty impressive ...
we were split into 3 batches of around 14-15 each ...and assigned to 3 panels
our gd started more thn a hour late...a case study...same as for the morning batch corresponding panel

a manufacturing company does motion-work analysis..extremely skilled workers working accordingly...they finish job 2 hrs in advance...so they assign one guy evry day to punch at the end of the day...and leave for home early...some supervisor catches them .tell them this is not gonna work..some smart ass sez..not our prob..were finishing work in time..why dont u give us flexitime...supvisor sez not possible..union will create prob..ask them to take some faltu workers..quality will drop...so the workers stay back...spend the extra 2 hours loitering arnd ...talking to others..distracting...and finally..more accidents ..qualty related probs...ur the ass(t) manager.. wht will u do????

gd was a fairly good fish market...with 14 ppl few of em with the sole mission of talking talking talking irrespective of wthr they were being hrd or understood...after quite a lot of shouts i managed to put in a few points...felt i had done reasonably well...

interview ..i was the first guy to be interviewd...
3 profs..one of whom had taken my iv last yr...and incidentally asked the same qs.. and guess what i was ready with most of the ans...
dont remember the exact happenings in the iv..
broadly...1)stats qs...mean median mode..distributions..correlation ..std deviation variance etc etc...all mugged up well enuf..so no hassles
2)how to calc income tax...dint ans this one well
3)cost benefit analyis...quitting job..doing mba...answered fairly well...was helped along by the panelists.."break even" ....how to find out etc..
4)abt brands...asked abt my tie...said i cudnt tell u details..borrowed from frnd..(laughter all around) ... he he ....told them abt my shirt...wht brand signifies etc..
5)gk whts hapning in goa...said basics...he asked me how many seats in the assembly...dint know tht one...
6)hobbies..told them ..books i read...
7)iimk iitb ....which in wud prefer ..he added dont try to please me give me a frank answer....told iimk justified my ans..
one on matrix..asked me to write a 2*3 matrix...did tht...asked me to find inverse..
i was trying to do it ...by xplaining step by step...got stuck..sheepishly said..i dont thing it can be done and tht it had to be a symmetric matrix...turned out to be right..he furthur asked me wht the identity matrix was...told him...
i guess thts it......i felt the panelists were satisfied ...
"no engineering qs" ..as such
but brush up on stats..few others were also asked similiar qs..
fairly ccol interviews happening...but long too..mine lasted abt 40 mins...dont ask me how..even im not sure ...the last guys in the batch gonna hv a loooong day ..

atb to evryone..
andy.

hi junta

this is my 2nd post bcoz i hav found something 2 say at last

2day i was having my iit delhi interviews reached there a bit early to say very early at 7'o clock proceedings strated 4m 8:10. i was in the first batch to have gd topic was quite simple "DISINVESTMENT BANE OR BOON" gd was very disciplined noise level was minimum and vrone got airtime to speak xcept 2 of them who were not willing to speak may be........... there were 10 guys in our batch and 6 of us spoke frequently so it was a nice one

after a long wait interview took place and to utter surprise there was no technical questions and no traditional pi questions

i was asked abt my qualifications
about my prejudices
about my aim
all time fav y mba
hobbies and the list continues

thiough interview was over in 13 mins

i think it was a decent outing and the senior guys helped a lot
they were really supportive hope i make it

nywayz best of luck to all of u.............................and b prepared for some hardcore economics topics 4 gd

hi junta

this is my 2nd post bcoz i hav found something 2 say at last

2day i was having my iit delhi interviews reached there a bit early to say very early at 7'o clock proceedings strated 4m 8:10. i was in the first batch to have gd topic was quite simple "DISINVESTMENT BANE OR BOON" gd was very disciplined noise level was minimum and vrone got airtime to speak xcept 2 of them who were not willing to speak may be........... there were 10 guys in our batch and 6 of us spoke frequently so it was a nice one

after a long wait interview took place and to utter surprise there was no technical questions and no traditional pi questions

i was asked abt my qualifications
about my prejudices
about my aim
all time fav y mba
hobbies and the list continues

thiough interview was over in 13 mins

i think it was a decent outing and the senior guys helped a lot
they were really supportive hope i make it

nywayz best of luck to all of u.............................and b prepared for some hardcore economics topics 4 gd

dood i suggest u open up a new thread ..name it DoMS-IITD 2005-07 gd/pi xperiences..thtll will bw a better option.. let this thread be dedicated to iitb xp..
andy.

hii guyz... they asked for SOP..... are they taking that during interview?????

Hi all,

Had my IIT B on 02/27/2005 at 09:00.
Reached IIT B at 8:20 . Attended the presentation from guys till 9:05 AM.
Went for the GD. They have already divided the whole group into 3 batches of 12-14 ppl each. Mine was B3.

Case study:
Pretty long.... whole page of EDS (some outsourcing frim).... realised the increasing competition from the market players and top management pro-actively started to change the mind set of employees so as to make them more customer oriented and so that they go beyond their stated role and responsibility.... Ended with 3 questions do discuss ....

5 minutes to think and 25 mins to discuss.... I was hoping that bell will be there to indicate the start... but a person besides me started... Any how I got the chance to speak second and that too after 5 seconds as i cut him.... (this was basically done becos this guy directly started by saying ok friends so that first problem is this and the solution is .... I thought that we should provide some structure so cut him to do the same... Built the base for say around 30 secs....

Now the real fish market started... see i dont like to pin point but the hell 2 persons made that mockery of all discussion.... i never like to pin point but it was candidate number 2 and 4 from start in panel B3... (hope that those ppl read this and have some sense....) They were simply in a mood of monolouge as if we all are not there and that also after every 15 sec... On top of that one of the guys after case was over saying that it was pretty good discussion as compared to IMS achiveres camp... God knows how i am controlling from writing what came to my mind at that time...

Neways I made only 2-3 entries after start and each lasted for about 7-8 secs means i stated point but than these great guys came and cut..... :huh: Pretty much depressed from the performance....:huh: Specially till date I had IMT, MDI and IIFT all were very nicely co-ordinated.... lets see... i think my chances are bleak... :huh:

3 guys were asked to summary and they were given freedom to add their points also....

Than they called for the interview in the same order...
Mine was 10th....
Heard from the other ppl that they took the 2nd guy nicely in the interview....
As far as mine goes interview was pretty short 13-15 mins...:huh:

Every body before me was asked hard core technical and maths (one lady was Phd in maths and other penal member was computer science hard core techie with too much exp)... all were literally raped.... :x

for me only resite was interview as i was able to answer all the questions but it was too short so dont know how to interpret it....

L, M , R (left panel (CS techie), General questions, Maths Phd lady) and I: your's truly

I: good afternoon all....
M: sit down
M: (looking at form) hmm 81% in BE good....
M: show us your SOP and file
I: Handed the SOP to middle one and file to R.
L: (Luckily asked 😃 ) which field u are working so that we can ask u...
I: data ware housing
L to I (series of 4-5 questions) pure technical... also went to normalisations and other DBMS funda..... (In between was also asked not to justify the answer and directly tell the bullet points or steps)

Than R
R: so u seemed to topped the class...
I: BE or school
R: BE
I: yes
R: won medals also
I: was awarded gold medal for academic excellence
R: (Luckily asked 😃 ) what ahve u learned in maths
I: Matrices and stats
R: pick one
I: both are ok...
R to I 4-5 questions on matrices and stats each....
I: answered all... (expect once where she said this is incorrect .. I corrected it soon....)
M: So compare infy and patni (me in patni)
I : answered
M: if u need to choose between infy and patni ??
I: answered.....
M: (in between of above) OK thanks u can leave....
I: thank u all....

Not able to make what to make of all these.... I dont see much of chance....

profile....
X and XII (They dont check)
BE (COMP): 81%
WORK EXP: PATNI (20 MONTHS, THEY TOOK 18 as it was as of 12/31/2004)
JMET RANK: 16

Guys or seniors let me know what to make out of all these...
neways hope this mail helps all the ppl....

signing off....

Regards
Mohit

had my interview in the morning

vito

plz give your profile as well
Hi all,

X and XII (They dont check)
BE (COMP): 81%
WORK EXP: PATNI (20 MONTHS, THEY TOOK 18 as it was as of 12/31/2004)
JMET RANK: 16

Guys or seniors let me know what to make out of all these...
neways hope this mail helps all the ppl....

signing off....

Regards
Mohit

dear mohit...

with the kind of profile that you have, the arank that you have and the answers that you've given...if they don't take you in ...well i wonder whom wud they???

Mine started on 27th sharp 9 AM GD.

It is a typical case. EDS. transformation of culture to customer centric and some Qs

som market. not full.

coming to PI:

Mostly on work exp. no technical. something on operations research.

nice.

hello my xperience:

GD fishmarket with 16 participants and 3-4 1Dimensional(monlogue) speakers....tried to chip in at relevant points but wud not call it very satisfying.

Panel of 3!
they didnt look at my sop.asked abt my role in the gd.thn started questioning abt my background-then a situation problem on OR which I managed to crack and they were reasonably satisfied-shifted to distribution and a certain algorithm which i didnt answer.By this time abt 10-12 mins were over so they shifted to gk.i answered all their questions on gk and stock markets(very elementary though) .Then they asked abt my extracurriculars at VJTI and also abt my institute.There were some very informal remarks here and i could see a gradual shift from a frown to a smile on the panelists face (the only tangible achievement for me).But they were not ready to leave me so asked me about sports (which Im just okey in) and a couple of qns on current affairs again(i hope they were makin sure)which i answered.
very decent interview and a cordial panel.

i have JMET air 118 n 6 mths of workex.can i be optimistic abt the result?i see very cool experience for every1 this yr so really dont know what will be the differentiating factor.

regards
Puneet

Hi Guyz,
My Gd/PI exp...
GD :Case study of Nike..aggresive management..male-dominated culture .ceo phillip knight encourages ppl shouting at him..endorsed by controversial sportsmen like mcenroe in 70s 80s..was the leader then...lost ground to adidas and reebok which brought in products targeted for ladies...light aerobic shoes and the like....however nike got michael jordan to endorse nike in 1987 as well as a unified approach to various products allowed them to regain their leadership status...but agan they have staled annual sales....problem...: what to do now...indoctrinate global managers..??? ceo phil knight wants nike to to "just do it"...we had to discuss abt the culture in nike...improvements reqd in current scenario..1 guy started off shouting.. caught a few others unawares...who responded by shouting..guess some guys were sore at not "taking the initiative"..mostly fish market...tried to pitch in with a few points..but..couldnt gather much of airtime..sat back and relaxed whilst others repeated the same points again and again...then one fellow took it upon himslf that since he cudnt start ..so he might as well "summarize"...started doing so even when around 10 mins were left...some guyz tried to shut him up...parly successfull...3 guyz who didnt speak much were told to summarize..me included..did ok in the summary i guess..but not good oerall.:huh:
PI:i was 9th ..evening had wore on..and ppl were tired...most of the guyz earlier had been asked questions on maths..graphs of log x .e^x etc..was pretty easy...some fresher comp sci guy was asked abt normalization and stuf....i was "prepared" for the worst...went in
three ppl: A ( a male prof ..visiting faculty) B:(stats lady prof),C:(finance lady prof)
A:tell me abt urself:
Me:blah blah...blah..
A:u have played so many sports ...d u feel criket has hogged unnecessary attention..?..(meanwhile B was going thru my file)
Me:yessir..it has...coz it has cot the imagination of not only india but the sub continent...
A:but why
Me: doesnt require much..just a ball and a bat..and a gully..
A:but thats true for football also
Me:yessir...but we have a tradition of cricket..and so it continues...has so many stars to emulate also..
B:ok..u have done a lot of quizzing...what sort of quizzing
Me:err..GK..
B:what paper did u present in confluence?
Me:which one is that...i mean which place
B:ohh so u have presented in many places???
Me: yes..
B:roorkee..
Me:told her abt the paper...involving simualtion of some heat geneating crap..
B:whats simulation..how did u do it..
Me:explained
B:did u use random numbers
Me:nope..(B was sckeptical)..we didnt require it...just had to change a few parmeters..the situtation didnt require "randomness"!!
B:what are random numbers?
Me:generated randomly.?..have no pattern
B:are 2,4,6,8 so..
Me:err i mean they dont have any logic to it..
C:what was ur class rank(was going thru my file)
Me:22-23
C:out of?
Me:78
C:so u are gud at quizzing
Me:( on the defensive).was good in school..but not much incollege
B:ohh hes already surrendered!!..laughs
C:i see u have traveeled a lot..whats the lenght and breadth of india
Me:told its nearly the same
C:is it?
Me: lenght is around 3k..breadth around 500 less..
C:who won olympic medal from india
Me:told
C:whats sania's achievement
C:whats her ranking now
Me:99
C:sure
Me;yes(damn sure)
C:whats the stock price of infy ,wipro
Me :told
C:u sure abt wipro
Me:havent checked in the last couple of days
C:smiles..ok..whats market capitalization..which one has more
Me:told...infy has more...
B:whats ur job...what are ur responsibilties
B:whast the technology u use
B and C in unision :ok thats it
A was busy going thru my file...i kept sitting..C repeated u may go..so i gestured towards A and they realized he was still going thru it..when he was thru i got up...
..ws wondering why they dint ask me maths etc:huh:
was 15 mins overall..i guess.
my profile
Workex --since june 2003 -IT
BTech nit calicut mech engg
due to low rank dont expect anything...

btech iit + 1.8 yrs work ex in IT

intrv on 28th 2-5pm

case study: 13 guys. case was on deciding the parameters on which a faculty of a univ should be measured....complete fish market. came in 5-6 times. in all OK.

Interview : 3 male profs. pretty cool.
p1- hr guy, p2 - ie prof . p3 - dont know

{p3 goes out as i enter the room}
p1- so tell me abt urself.
m - ............ + btech in chemical engg and few electives in inds engg.
p1- how is chem engg related to indus engg.
m - gyan.
p1- so u r btech from iit (with astonishment). y do u want to come to sjmsom. you know not many people come from IITs to do mgmt here. We have guyz mostly from RECs or local engg colleges.
as if an iitian should not come to sjmsom. i was really surprised to see such a ques comin from a faculty of sjm
m- put fundaes like..its one of th best + mba is more imp than college at this stage.
p1- {suddenly see's my permanent address,i guess he was also from the same city} oh so ur permanent add is city XXX.
m- yes sir
p1 - but u have done ur schooling from city YYY ?
m - sir i was in YYY when i did my schooling , now my father has shifted to XXX. so this is the permanent add.
p1- do you own a house in YYY.
m - no sir, but we do own a house in XXX.
p1- oh!
p1- which school did u study in YYY?
m- Campion school sir. (the best one in city)
p1 - OH (again astonishingly), so u r one of the brightest student of the city.
p2 looks at p1 and gestures ..wat th fk are u saying?
p1 to p2 - yes i know city YYY, not more than 5 people/yr clear IIT from there. n only 10-12 people from XXX.
m- {blushing all the way .. gud that p1 knows how bright i am.}
p1- u know , not many people come to som from iit. all the people here are from recs,nits or local engg colleges. do u still want to come?
m- {shit pained with this question} yes sir....
p2 interrupts - which other coll have u applied
m- only som
p1 - only what?
m - SJMSOM
p1-so u have a cpi of 7.5...ummm
m- ummm..
p1- comment on it.
m- sir its very gud ..with the kind of interest i had in branch.
p1- but such a bright student shud have a cpi of 9.5
p2 - (doesnt give me time to answer) what is the currnt project u r workin on?
m- can i ans p1's ques first?
p2-sure, go ahead
m- tell abt extra curricular,captain,secretary blah blah + said something abt the relative grading
p1 - so u mean that the grading system is not good.
m - no sir, i didnt that. i was only trying to say that..
p1 - no, if u think that something is wrong . u can give us suggestion. u r an alumini. we will work on it. if noe now may be after 5-10 yrs.
m- NO sir, grading system at iit is ABSOLUTELY flawless..i was jus sayin that its all relative.some1 will get 9.some1 7 and some1 5.
{p3 enters the room n takes th seat}

p2 - so, what tech ques shoul i ask u. chemical engg. idustrial engg.. or IT?
m- anything u wish.
p2- u tell me..any one of ur choice.
m- ok...ummmm..industrial engg.
{fk man.. later i came to know that he was IE proff)
p2 asked several question on IE / simlex...using a paper n pen. some 6-7 ques.
I answered some of them. last ques was in duality.
m- i dont know.
p2 - thats it. hands over to p3. and leans back on his chair.

p3- what is nasdaq.
m- stk exch of us.
p3 - sure??
m - stk exch of usa.
p3 - 1st indian company in nasdaq?
m-1st it company was infy
p3- and 1st indain company
m - infy (guessed..was rite)
p3 - what is bharat to ?
m- pardon sir.
p3 - what is bharat to ?
m- i m sorry sir i didn get u...bharat to ?
p3 - yes bharat to..dont u see it written on buses in mumbai.
m- (totally confused ..WTF is he saying) no sir. i m comin from pune. n i havent seen any such thing written on pune buses
p2 picks a paper and writes bhatart II
meanwhile p3 says ...u havent heard of "bharat to " or euro II.
m- {ohhhh all the way he meant bharat II} yes i have heard euro II but not Bharat II.
p3. wats euro II?
m -...gyan.

ok. all look at each other.n decide to conclude.

all the best.
m- thank you.

I was really disappointed by p1s behaviour. he made me to reconsider my decision to give jmet and applying to sjmsom.

SJMSOM guys.....u gave us ppt before gd/pi process, boasting about urselfs, ur placements, ur MIT-Sloan model of teaching...blah blah blah n blah.
n then ur prof tells that this collg is not for intellectuals ..its only for sub-brains. u dont even benchmark urselves with iima or b. then y this stupid ques?
I have never seen or heard any iim prof asking such a ques to anyone.

thanx for detailing your GD/PI exp buddy. wish you all the best. which city out of banglore and pune is XXX?

btech iit + 1.8 yrs work ex in IT

intrv on 28th 2-5pm

case study: 13 guys. case was on deciding the parameters on which a faculty of a univ should be measured....complete fish market. came in 5-6 times. in all OK.

Interview : 3 male profs. pretty cool.
p1- hr guy, p2 - ie prof . p3 - dont know

{p3 goes out as i enter the room}
p1- so tell me abt urself.
m - ............ + btech in chemical engg and few electives in inds engg.
p1- how is chem engg related to indus engg.
m - gyan.
p1- so u r btech from iit (with astonishment). y do u want to come to sjmsom.
as if an iitian should not come to sjmsom. i was really surprised to see such a ques comin from a faculty of sjm
m- put fundaes like..its one of th best + mba is more imp than college at this stage.
p1- {suddenly see's my permanent address,i guess he was also from the same city} oh so ur permanent add is city XXX.
m- yes sir
p1 - but u have done ur schooling from city YYY ?
m - sir i was in YYY when i did my schooling , now my father has shifted to XXX. so this is the permanent add.
p1- do you own a house in YYY.
m - no sir, but we do own a house in XXX.
p1- oh!
p1- which school did u study in YYY?
m- Campion school sir. (the best one in city)
p1 - OH (again astonishingly), so u r one of the brightest student of the city.
p2 looks at p1 and gestures ..wat th fk are u saying?
p1 to p2 - yes i know city YYY, not more than 5 people/yr clear IIT from there. n only 10-12 people from XXX.
m- {blushing all the way .. gud that p1 knows how bright i am.}
p1- u know , not many people come to som from iit. all the people here are from recs,nits or local engg colleges. do u still want to come?
m- {shit pained with this question} yes sir....
p2 interrupts - which other coll have u applied
m- only som
p1 - only what?
m - SJMSOM
p1-so u have a cpi of 7.5...ummm
m- ummm..
p1- comment on it.
m- sir its very gud ..with the kind of interest i had in branch.
p1- but such a bright student shud have a cpi of 9.5
p2 - (doesnt give me time to answer) what is the currnt project u r workin on?
m- can i ans p1's ques first?
p2-sure, go ahead
m- tell abt extra curricular,captain,secretary blah blah + said something abt the relative grading
p1 - so u mean that the grading system is not good.
m - no sir, i didnt that. i was only trying to say that..
p1 - no, if u think that something is wrong . u can give us suggestion. u r an alumini. we will work on it. if noe now may be after 5-10 yrs.
m- NO sir, grading system at iit is ABSOLUTELY flawless..i was jus sayin that its all relative.some1 will get 9.some1 7 and some1 5.
{p3 enters the room n takes th seat}

p2 - so, what tech ques shoul i ask u. chemical engg. idustrial engg.. or IT?
m- anything u wish.
p2- u tell me..any one of ur choice.
m- ok...ummmm..industrial engg.
{fk man.. later i came to know that he was IE proff)
p2 asked several question on IE / simlex...using a paper n pen. some 6-7 ques.
I answered some of them. last ques was in duality.
m- i dont know.
p2 - thats it. hands over to p3. and leans back on his chair.

p3- what is nasdaq.
m- stk exch of us.
p3 - sure??
m - stk exch of usa.
p3 - 1st indian company in nasdaq?
m-1st it company was infy
p3- and 1st indain company
m - infy (guessed..was rite)
p3 - what is bharat to ?
m- pardon sir.
p3 - what is bharat to ?
m- i m sorry sir i didn get u...bharat to ?
p3 - yes bharat to..dont u see it written on buses in mumbai.
m- (totally confused ..WTF is he saying) no sir. i m comin from pune. n i havent seen any such thing written on pune buses
p2 picks a paper and writes bhatart II
meanwhile p3 says ...u havent heard of "bharat to " or euro II.
m- {ohhhh all the way he meant bharat II} yes i have heard euro II but not Bharat II.
p3. wats euro II?
m -...gyan.

ok. all look at each other.n decide to conclude.

all the best.
m- thank you.

I was really disappointed by p1s behaviour. he made me to reconsider my decision to give jmet and applying to sjmsom.

SJMSOM guys.....u gave us ppt before gd/pi process, boasting about urselfs, ur placements, ur MIT-Sloan model of teaching...blah blah blah n blah.
n then ur prof tells that this collg is not for intellectuals ..its only for sub-brains. u dont even benchmark urselves with iima or b. then y this stupid ques?

hey catchthe cat

chill yaar, this is not the stupid question, considering that they were able to put u in an emabarassing and stressful situation and observed your behaviour. By saying that this college is not for intells, blah blah blah, they only wanted to see how well u contradict them and how well you justify your decision to apply in SJMSOM

anuj

Hi,

The fact of the matter is....a GD/PI at SJMSOM is what it is, because it is what you dont expect it would be.... :)

I think, you dont realise the stature of the proffs sitting in ur GD/PI panels...had u known it.....u wud have shot urself for calling those questions stupid :D

Anyways, leave those things apart, Can only say one thing to you....please if u have any GD/PI remaining, please dont expect the panel to have an inferiority complex because u are an IIT'ian....being an IIT'ian is a gr8 achievement alright, but the logic of asking this question here is that they are just checking ur temperament, behavior, reactions and the character which u possess....and most importantly they are seeing how you take decisions, expecting you to be confident of your decisions and back them up with sound logical reasoning....(the decision to join SJMSOM)

there are different ways in which a person can be stressed, what u experienced was one of them.... I dunno how u actually reacted there, and what the panel made out of ur reactions....but ..still hope for the best...

expect such questions (as means of stressing and judging ur decision making skills), from even the best interviewers in the world.

Good Luck !!
Hey Nishant,

One Qs. I attended the gd pi at iitb on 27th feb at 9 am. I forgot to mention my jmet regn no on the sop. only my name "Shivkumar Agarwal" is mentioned on the same. I hope this will not create any problems. i have also mailed at admissions@iitb regarding the same.

my jmet regn no is 230064
name shivkumar agarwal

plz do lemme know what shd i be doing???

thx a ton.

-V
Hi,

The fact of the matter is....a GD/PI at SJMSOM is what it is, because it is what you dont expect it would be.... :)

I think, you dont realise the stature of the proffs sitting in ur GD/PI panels...had u known it.....u wud have shot urself for calling those questions stupid :D

Anyways, leave those things apart, Can only say one thing to you....please if u have any GD/PI remaining, please dont expect the panel to have an inferiority complex because u are an IIT'ian....being an IIT'ian is a gr8 achievement alright, but the logic of asking this question here is that they are just checking ur temperament, behavior, reactions and the character which u possess....and most importantly they are seeing how you take decisions, expecting you to be confident of your decisions and back them up with sound logical reasoning....(the decision to join SJMSOM)

there are different ways in which a person can be stressed, what u experienced was one of them.... I dunno how u actually reacted there, and what the panel made out of ur reactions....but ..still hope for the best...

expect such questions (as means of stressing and judging ur decision making skills), from even the best interviewers in the world.

Good Luck !!

trust me guys what nishant says is so true.although i was not stressed in IITB interview but I had been poked and stressed in the MDI interview a lot and i didnt answer a single question (barring some intial questions).

I managed to keep my cool and i didnt react to them at all.And believe it or not it worked.I have finally made it to MDI!!!!

I have already made my mind to join MDI.....maybe i could help in moving up the IITB final waitlist too..........
ATB
Regards