Iiswbm gd/pi experience

(2013-2015)X- 78%XII-85.25 B.COM(ACCOUNTS HONS.) - 60.75 CAT - 88 PERCENTILE VENUE-IISWBM KOLKATA(COLLEGE STREET CAMPUS) FRESHER WRITTEN ASSIGNMENT TOPIC- POLITICS AND ETHICS CAN’T GO SIDE BY SIDE,10 MINUTES TO WRITE YOUR VIEW…

(2013-2015)
X- 78%
XII-85.25
B.COM(ACCOUNTS HONS.) - 60.75
CAT - 88 PERCENTILE
VENUE-IISWBM KOLKATA(COLLEGE STREET CAMPUS)
FRESHER

WRITTEN ASSIGNMENT TOPIC- POLITICS AND ETHICS CAN'T GO SIDE BY SIDE,10 MINUTES TO WRITE YOUR VIEWS ON THE TOPIC

NO G.D INSTEAD A CASE STUDY WAS GIVEN
7 CANDIDATES AND 3 MODERATORS WERE THERE
THE ARRANGEMENT BY IISWBM WAS FANTASTIC,WE WERE SEATED ROUND IN BIG CONFERENCE TABLE
5 MINUTS TO JOT DOWN THE POINTS AND 12 MINUTES TO DISCUSS
TOPIC OF THE CASE WAS VERY TOUGH,I haven't understood the first two paragraphs IT GOES LIKE THIS " Ms shilpa is working with a big multinational chemical company,her role in that company is cost benefit analysis,one day her boss comes up and says that the company is going to start a new branch,her boss proposes a two locations 1) A THIRD WORLD COUNTRY WHERE THE COST OF ESTABLISHMENT WILL BE LESS.
2) A DEVELOPED COUNTRY WHERE THE COST OF ESTABLISHMENT WILL BE HIGHER.
now Ms Shilpa has to act rationally as she was also supplied with a report that stated the allied factors associated with the location problem.
Firstly,the wastage that the company is going to discharge could be the cause of liver cancer.
Secondly,a third world country has excessive pollution and adding to that pollution would result in liver cancer in those countries.
Thirdly,countries like US and and other developed countries has lesser pollution and 1 in a 1000 have liver cancer.
Now Ms Shilpa was given the responsibility to prepare a report regarding this.
The question is what she should write on her report? Keeping in mind ethical,moral obligations and cost benefit analysis.
I think I made some valid points.

Interview-5 panelists,most probably 1 was a corporate leader(male),two female faculty members,1 ICWA(male),and 1 male faculty member was there.

First question - TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF(QUESTION ASKED BY ONE OF THE FEMALE FACULTY MEMBERS)

ANS-TOLD

Second question - WHAT DOES YOUR FATHER DO(QUESTION ASKED BY SECOND MAM)

ANS - BUSINESS

THIRD QUESTION - EXPLAIN THE MODE OF YOUR FATHER'S BUSINES AND THE WAY HE HANDLES IT.(QUESTION ASKED BY SAME MAM)

ANS - TOLD

Fourth question - Why there is a Gap of one year,between clearing your B.COM and taking CAT.(same mam)

Ans-gave my reasons

Fifth question - What is marginal costing? (Sir from ICWA)

Ans - TOLD

Sixth question - differentiate between marginal cost in "economics" and marginal costing in "Cost and management accounting"(Same sir)

Ans - told

Seventh question - differentiate between Contribution and profit?(same sir)

Ans - told
Eighth question - what do you know about "IISWBM"[FACULTY MEMBER(MALE)]

Ans - told

Ninth question - what other b-schools did you apply?(same sir)

ANS -TOLD

Tenth question - If you get selected in all the b-schools that you have applied what will be your criteria in selecting one and rejecting the rest?(same sir)

ANS - TOLD THE FACTORS

Eleventh QUESTION - WHAT NEWSPAPERS AND BUSINESS MAGAZINES DO YOU READ?(CORPORATE LEADER)

ANS- TOLD

Twelfth QUESTION - TELL ME 3 LATEST BUSINESS NEWS THAT YOU HAVE COME ACROSS(SAME SIR)

ANS - TOLD

Thirteenth QUESTION - ASKED ME ABOUT MY HOMETOWN(SAME SIR)

ANS- KOLKATA

Fourteenth QUESTION - WHERE IS GURGAON?(SAME SIR)

Fifteenth QUESTION - IF YOU GET A VERY GOOD PLACEMENT CALL IN A VERY GOOD COMPANY IN GURGAON WILL YOU GO?(SAME SIR)

ANS - YES

Sixteenth QUESTION - WOULD'NT THERE BE ANY COMPULSIONS FROM YOUR FAMILY(same sir)

ANS - NO

LAST QUESTION - DON'T YOU LOVE KOLKATA,WOULD'NT WORKING IN A CITY FAR FROM KOLKATA STRAIN YOU EMOTIONALLY WHILE WORKING,WOULD'NT THAT BE A BETRAYAL WITH KOLKATA BY NOT WORKING HERE.(same sir)

ANS - GAVE MY REASONS

Greeted the PANEL and came out.

VERDICT - SELECTED

@chotabheem said:
2013-2015
@chotabheem said:
X- 78%XII-85.25B.COM(ACCOUNTS HONS.) - 60.75CAT - 88 PERCENTILEVENUE-IISWBM KOLKATA(COLLEGE STREET CAMPUS)FRESHERWRITTEN ASSIGNMENT TOPIC- POLITICS AND ETHICS CAN'T GO SIDE BY SIDE,10 MINUTES TO WRITE YOUR VIEWS ON THE TOPICNO G.D INSTEAD A CASE STUDY WAS GIVEN7 CANDIDATES AND 3 MODERATORS WERE THERETHE ARRANGEMENT BY IISWBM WAS FANTASTIC,WE WERE SEATED ROUND IN BIG CONFERENCE TABLE5 MINUTS TO JOT DOWN THE POINTS AND 12 MINUTES TO DISCUSS TOPIC OF THE CASE WAS VERY TOUGH,I haven't understood the first two paragraphs IT GOES LIKE THIS " Ms shilpa is working with a big multinational chemical company,her role in that company is cost benefit analysis,one day her boss comes up and says that the company is going to start a new branch,her boss proposes a two locations 1) A THIRD WORLD COUNTRY WHERE THE COST OF ESTABLISHMENT WILL BE LESS.2) A DEVELOPED COUNTRY WHERE THE COST OF ESTABLISHMENT WILL BE HIGHER.now Ms Shilpa has to act rationally as she was also supplied with a report that stated the allied factors associated with the location problem.Firstly,the wastage that the company is going to discharge could be the cause of liver cancer.Secondly,a third world country has excessive pollution and adding to that pollution would result in liver cancer in those countries.Thirdly,countries like US and and other developed countries has lesser pollution and 1 in a 1000 have liver cancer.Now Ms Shilpa was given the responsibility to prepare a report regarding this.The question is what she should write on her report? Keeping in mind ethical,moral obligations and cost benefit analysis.I think I made some valid points.Interview-5 panelists,most probably 1 was a corporate leader(male),two female faculty members,1 ICWA(male),and 1 male faculty member was there.First question - TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF(QUESTION ASKED BY ONE OF THE FEMALE FACULTY MEMBERS)ANS-TOLDSecond question - WHAT DOES YOUR FATHER DO(QUESTION ASKED BY SECOND MAM)ANS - BUSINESSTHIRD QUESTION - EXPLAIN THE MODE OF YOUR FATHER'S BUSINES AND THE WAY HE HANDLES IT.(QUESTION ASKED BY SAME MAM)ANS - TOLDFourth question - Why there is a Gap of one year,between clearing your B.COM and taking CAT.(same mam)Ans-gave my reasonsFifth question - What is marginal costing? (Sir from ICWA)Ans - TOLDSixth question - differentiate between marginal cost in "economics" and marginal costing in "Cost and management accounting"(Same sir)Ans - toldSeventh question - differentiate between Contribution and profit?(same sir)Ans - toldEighth question - what do you know about "IISWBM"[FACULTY MEMBER(MALE)]Ans - toldNinth question - what other b-schools did you apply?(same sir)ANS -TOLDTenth question - If you get selected in all the b-schools that you have applied what will be your criteria in selecting one and rejecting the rest?(same sir)ANS - TOLD THE FACTORSEleventh QUESTION - WHAT NEWSPAPERS AND BUSINESS MAGAZINES DO YOU READ?(CORPORATE LEADER)ANS- TOLDTwelfth QUESTION - TELL ME 3 LATEST BUSINESS NEWS THAT YOU HAVE COME ACROSS(SAME SIR)ANS - TOLDThirteenth QUESTION - ASKED ME ABOUT MY HOMETOWN(SAME SIR)ANS- KOLKATAFourteenth QUESTION - WHERE IS GURGAON?(SAME SIR)Fifteenth QUESTION - IF YOU GET A VERY GOOD PLACEMENT CALL IN A VERY GOOD COMPANY IN GURGAON WILL YOU GO?(SAME SIR)ANS - YESSixteenth QUESTION - WOULD'NT THERE BE ANY COMPULSIONS FROM YOUR FAMILY(same sir)ANS - NOLAST QUESTION - DON'T YOU LOVE KOLKATA,WOULD'NT WORKING IN A CITY FAR FROM KOLKATA STRAIN YOU EMOTIONALLY WHILE WORKING,WOULD'NT THAT BE A BETRAYAL WITH KOLKATA BY NOT WORKING HERE.(same sir)ANS - GAVE MY REASONSGreeted the PANEL and came out.VERDICT - SELECTED

can I connect to you on linkedin ?