IISc

Why is it that no one talks about MBA @ IISc? Why isn’t it ranked? How are the placements there?

Why is it that no one talks about MBA @ IISc? Why isn't it ranked? How are the placements there?

Hi Adi,
I hadn't even bothered 2 apply 2 IISc last yr. I did take up the JMEt. but applied only 2 IITs Kharagpur and Mumbai. And when i went 4 my interview at Kharagpur, i decided that i wasn't joining there anyway. If u want a tech job, then the IIT SOMs r a pretty good bet. otherwise give them a miss. Placements in the tech field r pretty good at Kharagpur and Mumbai. The other SOMs r rank bad.
Ravi

hi Ravi n Adi
as per my knowledge ,iit delhi si also a good one...good placements
fundoo1980

hi guys

taking abt IIT Bombay.. i hv heard from a lot of ppl that it is pretty good.. but somehow never heard anything about figures.....does anybody has exact figures.. like average salary ? how many ppl got placed ?

hi guys

taking abt IIT Bombay.. i hv heard from a lot of ppl that it is pretty good.. but somehow never heard anything about figures.....does anybody has exact figures.. like average salary ? how many ppl got placed ?

Here are the figures:

http://www.iitb.ac.in/~som/Somsite/pl_factsheet2002.html

does ne one has the downloaded form for mba@iisc
i have been searching for last three days but to no avail
if someone has it then please upload it, it would be much needed help

hi frnds

My first post and i know its a wrong post at a wrong place but cant stop myself......................

I just wanna to know how good IISc Bangalore is for MTech/MS and how much is the avg salary for the same.......................Mine is 99.72 pecentile in GATE 2004 (Computer Science) and I am planning to apply for iisc this year so what r my chances.I have two calls from IIMs too(C,L) so which is better option IIM or IISC Plz help me I am trying to find answers to these questions for the last one year

If salary matters then u must go for IIM man......... :wink:

Hi guys help needed.....

Which BSchool to apply IITM or IISc????????also applying to IIT B,D,Karagpur....Please reply

check out this link

http://www.mgmt.iisc.ernet.in/mbaapplication.pdf
adi Says
Why is it that no one talks about MBA @ IISc? Why isn't it ranked? How are the placements there?

For placement info on IISC check out my post in the IITB thread at
http://www.pagalguy.com/cat/viewtopic.php?t=6986&postdays;=0&postorder;=asc&start;=20

guys IISC IS MORE RECOGNISED 4 ITS RESEARCH IN TECH FIELD
mba at iisc is trested as step son
but going placementwise, iisc fares well, even better than scmhrd,sibm
last yr did appeared 4 interview ,even got thru ,but didnt joined since had a job in wipro
infrastructure wise ,its quite ok ,small building,avg classrooms
but what i really liked abt it was no of students it admits
there r only abt 20-30 seats so b assured abt placements
also the fees wont create a hole in ur pocket
more importantly iisc has a global brand
go states n say u r frm iisc(do not say u r mba ), u'll get a different treatment
all guys pursuing phds get abroad placements
2day i really regret my decision of not joining given my poor perfornmance in cat n other xams

neone wanting help or having queries abt its interview do post it
2 some xtent i can help
regards

Hi All

Request the current students of IISc - MBA to please join this forum and guide for applying to IISc Bangalore.

I have a JMET Rank of 523 and a work ex of 30 months. While going through the profiles of the students of IISc I have noticed there is hardly anyone with work ex there. Is it because IISc prefers more freshers or it is just a co-incidence.

check out this link

http://www.mgmt.iisc.ernet.in/mbaapplication.pdf

hi there
thnks a lot u have been of great help
i was trying to find this for last 4 5 days but no luck ..
once again thanks a lot dude..
hope i wud return the favor someday
bye n t care
shashwat
neone wanting help or having queries abt its interview do post it
2 some xtent i can help
regards

hi there well cud u throw some light on how much technical stuff is involved in the intervies at iisc..
and the overall ambience at iisc and wud it be a gud choice overall ..
bye n t care
shashwat

hi shaswat
my interview panel had 5 guys in front of me
unlike other interview panels where u sit almost in front of the xternals table i was made 2 sit on a small chair with atleast 3 feet distance between me & the interview panel
so had 2 really luk after my leg movements as well ,means it was all open
neways
it started of with technical & ended with technical
my first ques. was on my project whch was on data mining using genetic algorithm
and i tell u perhaps those guys were looking 4 some 'bakra' whom all of them can slaughter
dont know frm where they put up the ques. but out of 20 odd ques i cud satisfactorily ans abt 5
in the end they made me believe that ur project is futile n of no use
but being a final yr student helped me since 4 many ques i said this v havnt incorporated but soon well do so
i came out with heavy heart with absolute no chance of gettin in
but i guess my rank 423 helped me get thru
4 THE INTERVIEW I WUDV ADVESE 2 GO THRU TECHU N PROJECT N IN CASE U R IN JOB THEN UR JOB RES. ETCTHE VERY BEST

Hi Everyone.....

The IIsc form http://www.mgmt.iisc.ernet.in/mbaapplication.pdf

Has 2 fields SSLC/Equivalent and PU/Equivalent

Wat do they stand for?? 10+2 and 10 or wat :
Cud think of Senior School Leaving Cert.(SSLC) and Punjab University(PU) lol.........plz enlighten me 😞

Secondly the IIsc form has no option to quote one's GD/PI center like Kharagpur/bombay/Madras's forms.....

So we would have to go 2 Bangalore for the GD/Pi's or have I missed something???

thnx

Do Reply

Any idea guys till what rank does IISC give a call...