IISC results

IISC results are out. IISC has broken its silence they are telling the results. Also got my IISC call through ordinary post (not speed post) today 19th Feb.

IISC results are out. IISC has broken its silence they are telling the results. Also got my IISC call through ordinary post (not speed post) today 19th Feb.

IISC results are out. IISC has broken its silence they are telling the results. Also got my IISC call through ordinary post (not speed post) today 19th

Oh finally ....
I havnt got the letter though...

Hey Tincup pls tell ur location , rank, place of interview and date as we all need to plan accordingly...

Jali karo Mamu...
Jali karo Mamu...

Sorry fr the typo...

I meant Jaldi batao tincup ji

Sorry fr the typo...
I meant Jaldi batao tincup ji

My rank is a lowly 792.

I am from Chennai.

I might give IISC a miss as they are asking me and all the call getters to take an aptitude test. Also I have to go to Bangalore. I am not keen.

Ok tincup...

Are the results out on there website as i hav not recvd any email or snail mail... ??

Ok tincup...

Are the results out on there website as i hav not recvd any email or snail mail... ??

I think u'll get yaar. What is so great about IISC. They have classes with just 10 people. So after giving calls they will batter candidates nicely during aptitude test /gd/pi. I personally would go to a school with atleast 50 students.

Anyway your rank of 800 or so should get you in . Don't worry too much.
I think u'll get yaar. What is so great about IISC. They have classes with just 10 people. So after giving calls they will batter candidates nicely during aptitude test /gd/pi. I personally would go to a school with atleast 50 students.

tincup one thing is sure tht IISC ppl will rip you and rape you in apt test/pi

so just going for the sake of experince...(cuz even i knw the result)

IISC is mecca for any science student..and it command more repect than any IIT abroad and nobody have heard abt IIMs abroad..(so i have atleast sumthing to blast about )

if somebdy wants to continue studies (prferably stanfords, wharton n th MITs ) IISc makes a lot of sense

it has got tremendous advantage cuz of its small batch size and location ..

so to sum it all not a bad choice:huh:

i second your thoughts brain drain. smaller batch size and location are great advantage. and IISc have better exposure among industry and i guess a decent placements records. I hope someone from IISc could enlighten us on these issues. i'll try to contact seniors thru mail.

my personal feeling is aptitute test will not be a big hurdle, more of a psychlogical test i guess. letsee

tincup one thing is sure tht IISC ppl will rip you and rape you in apt test/pi

so just going for the sake of experince...(cuz even i knw the result)

IISC is mecca for any science student..and it command more repect than any IIT abroad and nobody have heard abt IIMs abroad..(so i have atleast sumthing to blast about )

if somebdy wants to continue studies (prferably stanfords, wharton n th MITs ) IISc makes a lot of sense

it has got tremendous advantage cuz of its small batch size and location ..

so to sum it all not a bad choice:huh:

2 threads going on...... Me also got the letter

Mine on 12th at 9 AM.

found the wordings bad:

The Institute will not make any contributions toward your travel and stay for
attending the interview. In case you are an outstation candidate you have to make your own arrangements for stay.
You have to come prepared to stay for an additional day in case it becomes necessary.

Extra day.....what do they mean........real bad. All plans could go bad if it really extends.

Android

hi,

i also received the letter yesterday by ordinary post. my date for the test/gdpi is 13th... i guess will have to leave delhi on the 10th ..... haven't got the date for IITM yet... if it clashes then won't go to Bangalore

- Shantanu

hi all ,
Congrats to all those who hav got calls .Cud all of you pls mention ur ranks, so that i shud know if i need to wait for the results at all. i am on the edege ranked 886.
Nandan marathe

hi all,
finally i got a mail too...
hv my gd/pi/apt test on the 13th march @ 9am

guys what do they hv in the aptitude test??
hey shaan...what time do u hv urs?...v might meet on the d-day

hi all,
finally i got a mail too...
hv my gd/pi/apt test on the 13th march @ 9am

guys what do they hv in the aptitude test??
hey shaan...what time do u hv urs?...v might meet on the d-day

Hey trendsetter,

we are in same batch. Me too 13th March 9.00AM.

Guys,

I have been following this as well as all the other IITs admission related threads.Can somebody from IISc or someone who has "been there , done that " type tell me wheather doing MBA from IISc is worthwhile ? I do understand that IISc is a world renown institute for Technical programmes it offers. But I don't think this will be the case for MBA programme. Also it is evident that since the batch size is very small and because of the location advantage and the name of the institute in the corporate world , all the guys must be getting placed. but no such info on the pay packages or the type of companies coming etc. is available.

So anybody who is doing his/her MBA from IISC or knows someone doing it out there throw some more light on this ? It will be of great help.

Syberite.

Hi Guys

I have still not received any mail from IISc.
My Rank is 634. Shud i expect a call from IISc ??
Are the results out on their website?
Is there any contact no. from where we can enquire abt results?

Amigo

Hey trendsetter,

........ but no such info on the pay packages or the type of companies coming etc. is available.

So anybody who is doing his/her MBA from IISC or knows someone doing it out there throw some more light on this ? It will be of great help.

Syberite.

Had posted this in some other thread........copy-pasting the same.

Number of students in the current final year batch = 10

All have been placed till now. All freshers and all of them had 300+ ranks in JMET.....I think lowest rank is 1500...not sure though

Companies that visited and the sals(gross) that they offered: -

Thoughtworks Inc 4.8
i2 technologies 4.5
Infosys tech 5.1
GE Logistics division 4.5
Mindtree Consulting 3.2
PriceWaterHouse Coopers 3.5

As u can see all these jobs are mostly in the IT/Systems Sector.

Source: My Brother who is currently in his final year. Hence this info is 100% reliable and not some boosted up figures. U can do the avg sal, median sal......calculations urself.

PS: PM me in case u guys need more Info.

Thoughtworks Inc 4.8
i2 technologies 4.5
Infosys tech 5.1
GE Logistics division 4.5
Mindtree Consulting 3.2
PriceWaterHouse Coopers 3.5

hey dude
thanks for that info.. not much on the higher end though(the salaries) neways i got a call letter for 14th of march 9 am ... jmet rank 961 got other calls from kgp and imtg .. guess id give a skip to iisc ...
shashwat
Hey trendsetter,

we are in same batch. Me too 13th March 9.00AM.

Syberite.

hie sybarite

mee too in same batch...

already 3 pgites in same batchh..this is going to be fun:)

Hey Ppl

I havnt recvd the letter as yet

Rank 820
1 yr Work Ex

What say .... delay by Indian Post or IISc has shut the door on me ??

Hey Ppl

I havnt recvd the letter as yet

Rank 820
1 yr Work Ex

What say .... delay by Indian Post or IISc has shut the door on me ??

I wud say its delay by post ... wait and watch .... u'll surely get it