IISc MBA Admissions 2008: Please pour in your queries here.

Hi all, This thread is for all those who are interested in doing MBA at the prestigious Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore. Preliminary information: Max no of intake:20. Admission procedure: Qualification in JMET 2008 + GD + PI + Prof…

Hi all,
This thread is for all those who are interested in doing MBA at the prestigious Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore.
Preliminary information:
Max no of intake:20.
Admission procedure: Qualification in JMET 2008 + GD + PI + Profile.
For your information, JMET 2008 advertisement is out in IIT-Kharagpur website and will be out in the leading newspapers this weekend. The link:
JMET :: Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur.
Please come up with any queries regarding admission. Department website:Department of Management Studies-Indian Institute of Science
To tell about myself, I am currently pursuing my first year MBA @ IISc.

gud initiative ...arun
Keep up the ggood work..

Please also follow this

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/iisc-batch-2007-09-25022257
http://www.orkut.com/Community.aspx?cmm=2443264

Hi all,
This thread is for all those who are interested in doing MBA at the prestigious Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore.
Preliminary information:
Max no of intake:20.
Admission procedure: Qualification in JMET 2008 + GD + PI + Profile.
For your information, JMET 2008 advertisement is out in IIT-Kharagpur website and will be out in the leading newspapers this weekend. The link:
JMET :: Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur.
Please come up with any queries regarding admission. Department website:Department of Management Studies-Indian Institute of Science
To tell about myself, I am currently pursuing my first year MBA @ IISc.

Hi ohayogozaimas,

for starters..Thanks for starting this thread ..
I was looking for someone who might answer my IISc MBA related querries. I had a friend who made the cut last yr in to IISc and visited the campus and was very impressed with the way things were down there, and he was bent on going IISc way when we spoke sense into him and sent him packing to IIMK, sorry about that . But I have always been wanting to hear from a student about the strength of the course since then....i kno u guys have a damn good studen - faculty ratio ..so how does the academic part of life there pan out?..are there any specializations ?...and is the course designed based on Industry suggestions?...i kno the questions arent specific but pls tell me what u think i shd know frm an academic perspective

Also how does the 20 strength help?

Rock on!
hameed
idodtrick Says
http://www.orkut.com/Community.aspx?cmm=2443264

http://www.orkut.com/Community.aspx?cmm=31338148
Hi ohayogozaimas,

I was looking for someone who might answer my IISc MBA related querries. I had a friend who made the cut last yr in to IISc and visited the campus and was very impressed with the way things were down there, and he was bent on going IISc way when we spoke sense into him and sent him packing to IIMK, sorry about that . But I have always been wanting to hear from a student about the strength of the course since then....i kno u guys have a damn good studen - faculty ratio ..so how does the academic part of life there pan out?..are there any specializations ?...and is the course designed based on Industry suggestions?...i kno the questions arent specific but pls tell me what u think i shd know frm an academic perspective

Rock on!
hameed

hey hameed...
this is vinay...i'm a 1st year student here...about the small strength...it helps because as u urself put it the student faculty ratio is small...and everybody can get a niche profile...apart from that even though the strength is low the recruiters have tremendous faith in the calibre of the students...

The avg package speaks volume abt IISc ...
it is 9 lacs..which is comparable to ny "creme de la creme" B-school in india
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/iit-final-converts-post-your-profile-25022917
Hi ohayogozaimas,

Rock on!
hameed

Hi hameed,
Have a look at this page . It contains the answers for all your questions. If you dont get it, Please come back to me. I will give you further information. All the best for MBA entrance exams you are attending.

hi seniors in IISC, blore
i always wanted to know about IISC as a B-school... the life out there...work loads, networking etc...

hi seniors in IISC, blore
i always wanted to know about IISC as a B-school... the life out there...work loads, networking etc...

Hi arijit.response, go thru the threads in my signature. Any clarifications,do come back to me.
Our seniors have told everything about iisc in those thread. Do go thru it fully.
As the first step, crack JMET very well. All the Best.
Hi arijit.response, go thru the threads in my signature. Any clarifications,do come back to me.
Our seniors have told everything about iisc in those thread. Do go thru it fully.
As the first step, crack JMET very well. All the Best.

Thanks ohayogozaimas.....

Hi puys,
Its the placements time for IISc.
Summmer placement Updates:
Total no of students:17
No placed till now:6
No of companies:2
(Goldman:4 and Technopak: 2)
will update as and when companies visit.

hey hameed...
this is vinay...i'm a 1st year student here...about the small strength...it helps because as u urself put it the student faculty ratio is small...and everybody can get a niche profile...apart from that even though the strength is low the recruiters have tremendous faith in the calibre of the students...

The avg package speaks volume abt IISc ...
it is 9 lacs..which is comparable to ny "creme de la creme" B-school in india

Thanks Vinay....your quote cleared some misconceptions that i had about package offered in IISC 😃

got AIR 1766 with 12 marks in Maths,with 1.5 yrs of IT Exp......seniors Can hope abt IISc..:(..thnx in advance.....

-Chaits

hello seniors,
My results are as below..

Category: GeneralPerson with Physical Disability: NoSection 1 Marks: 10.75Section 2 Marks: 22Section 3 Marks: 12.25Section 4 Marks: 5Total Marks: 50All India Rank: 1766
Congratulations!
You have Qualified in JMET 2008 Examination!!
You will receive your Rank Card soon!!!

Do I stand a chance in IISc??

Congrats to all Puys for cracking the exam . Please can anybody suggest me if I can apply to any of the IITs . My score is a pathetic :

:sad:
Category: GeneralPerson with Physical Disability: No
Section 1 Marks: 12.5
Section 2 Marks: 17
Section 3 Marks: 11
Section 4 Marks: 5.25
Total Marks: 45.75
All India Rank: 3246

Seniors can u please can tell me if I can apply to IISC

18 months workex in software
X-76.3%
XII-81%
BTech-87%

Registration Number: 263006 Application Number: 914485 Name of the Candidate: KHARBANDA ANVESH SUDHIR Category: GeneralPerson with Physical Disability: No Section 1 Marks: 15.75 Section 2 Marks: 22 Section 3 Marks: 7.5 Section 4 Marks: 2.5 Total Marks: 47.75 All India Rank: 2416

Do I have a chance of getting any calls from IISC Bangalore ?

Do they consider the profile - Acads , Work Ex and such while shortlisting the candidates ?

Here is my profile :

10th - 87.6 % (SSC)
12th - 92.33 % (HSC)
B.E (ENTC) - 65.9 % (Pune University)
Work Exp - 16 Months so far with an IT Giant .

ExtraCurriculars - Decent

Is there any hope ? Kindly tell me which colleges I can apply to ?

Anvesh Kharbanda ,

Aspiring MBA Student

Can some1 plz find out from office that for which rank was the last call given for S.C category in IISc Bangalore.....i'm having a rank of 10608 in S.C category & have qualified ...Should I apply 2 IISc Bangalore as i'm a fresher with decent acads/....plz reply

Hi ppl..
I have secured a rank of 1834. Should i apply to IISc? Do i stand a chance?
Got only 6.5 in quant though.
Have decent acads so far. 80% aggre in BE and >90% in 10th and 12th.

Hi,

Can anyone inform me about the rank required in JMET to get a call from IISC, and approximate number of seats in open category

Thanks