IISc MBA-Admissions,2006

Hello Seniors… Well there r many threads vatering to almost every B-School here but i dont find any for IISc…why so??? neways i have a query so m starting this thread…i had given JMET this yr…R…

Hello Seniors........

Well there r many threads vatering to almost every B-School here but i dont find any for IISc.............why so????

neways i have a query so m starting this thread.................i had given JMET this yr.........RANK=919........excellent acads n extra curriculars and 7 months work ex as of now in d IT industry...............have applied to IISc among others

can neone tell me wat r my chances of gettin a call 4m IISc - MBA????????????

Also.............does IISc send indivdual posts or does it put up the result on the net???????

And............wen r this year's calls expected 2 come out............????????

Plz reply as soon a possible......................m tired of checkin the IISc site everyday.........phew !!!!!

Thanx in advance

.....edited.....

Hello Seniors........
Well there r many threads vatering to almost every B-School here but i dont find any for IISc.............why so????
neways i have a query so m starting this thread.................i had given JMET this yr.........RANK=919........excellent acads n extra curriculars and 7 months work ex as of now in d IT industry...............have applied to IISc among others
can neone tell me wat r my chances of gettin a call 4m IISc - MBA????????????
Also.............does IISc send indivdual posts or does it put up the result on the net???????
And............wen r this year's calls expected 2 come out............????????
Plz reply as soon a possible......................m tired of checkin the IISc site everyday.........phew !!!!!
Thanx in advance

hi,

i am no senior but since i followed the thread quite closely ..... i do like to give some info on what u asked....

there is one thread already which pagan has already mentioned. so lets retrict the discussion to that thread else some of the queries/info might be lost.

u have an awesome rank for a call from IISc....ur workex is jus an icing on cake. so keep prepping for second round.

IISc send individual posts once the results are out. i am not sure if they put the rank on website or not... also they will be declared in 3rd week of feb....so another two weeks to go....this long wait is causing anxiety....anyways its worth it ......

jus a reminder....this was mentioned in the applcn form...the interview and gd dates are 17-19th march in b'lore.....

regards
subhash

Thanx a lot PRATS n SUbhash....................

really appreciate ur quick replies............infact it really cooled down my anxiety for the results a lot..........yup 2 weeks more to go............:) :satisfie:
n if all goes well maybe i will bug u ppl again for tips for the 2nd round..........

btw till wat rank did the calls from IISc go tll last yr.....ne idea????

Thanx a lot PRATS n SUbhash....................

really appreciate ur quick replies............infact it really cooled down my anxiety for the results a lot..........yup 2 weeks more to go............:) :satisfie:
n if all goes well maybe i will bug u ppl again for tips for the 2nd round..........

btw till wat rank did the calls from IISc go tll last yr.....ne idea????

hi anuja,

same as subhash, me too no senior but going by last year's trends people with ranks till 1500 have got decent chances (which was last year's cut-off rank)

also around 200 people were called for 15 GENERAL seats last year (you know the main problem with IISc, sooooooooo less seats)!

regards, anirban

Maybe u r right anirban.....................i called up IISc today n they said they will be sending the mails in a day or 2..............so most probably they wont put d list on the net ....................so if not in 2 days d result shud b out d next week.................

n yup i asked abt my status.............told him my rank..............he said i will get the call.................now i dunno how far is it to be beleived.............but i definitely wud love to do so..................:)

Maybe u r right anirban.....................i called up IISc today n they said they will be sending the mails in a day or 2..............so most probably they wont put d list on the net ....................so if not in 2 days d result shud b out d next week.................

n yup i asked abt my status.............told him my rank..............he said i will get the call.................now i dunno how far is it to be beleived.............but i definitely wud love to do so..................:)

hi anuja,

i guess in institutes like IISc with so less seats and call ratio in the region of around 1:13, getting the call is the easiest and converting it the most difficult task

i wonder why on earth IISc sends 200 calls for 15 seats?????????

another point have you applied to DoMS, IITR? if yes, then going by what seniors are saying in the IITR thread, the GD/PI dates of IISc & IITR are clashing!!!!!!!!!!

regards, anirban

Hi,:)

Got a letter(The Call Letter) by snail mail from IISc inviting me for the aptitude test, GD and Interview. My Rank : 1126

No email. Nothing on the website yet...

19th March 2006 at DoMS IISc

Anybody else???

hi anuja,

i guess in institutes like IISc with so less seats and call ratio in the region of around 1:13, getting the call is the easiest and converting it the most difficult task

another point have you applied to DoMS, IITR? if yes, then going by what seniors are saying in the IITR thread, the GD/PI dates of IISc & IITR are clashing!!!!!!!!!!

regards, anirban

well no havent applied to DOMs IIT-r..............n ya havent got any mail as of now.............can the IISc seniors shed some light on this...............???????
wats the mode of sending the call letters??????????

PLEASE REPLY ASAP
hi anuja,

regards, anirban

hi

its not v students who have tough time getting the coveted seat in IISc, its the same for the companies coming to recruit. It seems they have a tough time in getting at least one of the student to pick up their offer as there are only 11 seats and 30 companies giving offers..... this i guess is a good motivator to vie for the seat..... all the best....

i am still waiting for the call..... do we have the list posted on website anywhere?

regards,
subhash

Hey guyz...

I gt da call letter from IISC by post today...

Rank - 1287...fresher!

GD on 19th!

Cya

Hey guyz...

I gt da call letter from IISC by post today...

Rank - 1287...fresher!

GD on 19th!

Cya

Congrats...param...
where is ur GD/PI....??
Delhi or Bangalore...
Congrats...param...
where is ur GD/PI....??
Delhi or Bangalore...

Thanx..pratibha!

It's in bangalore...

delhi - > bangalore..... long distance...

K...cya

arre hamare bhi call aa gaya....

got the call letter...

my GD/PI is on 18th march 09:00 am....at IISc bangalore...

abhi IITR ka intzaar hai....

Hey ppl...

Whoever has got a call till now..are they from Bangalore or near to IISc?

I am expecting a call but havent got any snail mail till now...(Me from Mumbai)

Anyways.. ATB for GDPI to all call getters....:

Hey ppl...
Whoever has got a call till now..are they from Bangalore or near to IISc?
I am expecting a call but havent got any snail mail till now...(Me from Mumbai)
Anyways.. ATB for GDPI to all call getters....:

I got a call....I am from Delhi....

Hi

Got a call...GD/PI on 19th March at Bangalore.

I just called IISc...the lady over there asked me my rank & category...

She said I would be getting a call and the results would be put on the website by today evening

I think its merely a rank based call....

Hi,:)

Got a letter(The Call Letter) by snail mail from IISc inviting me for the aptitude test, GD and Interview. My Rank : 1126

No email. Nothing on the website yet...

19th March 2006 at DoMS IISc

Anybody else???
Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Me 2 got a call from DoMS IISc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yup mee tooo got it by snail mail!
I'm elated!
My rank 486
Interview on 16'th march IISc B'lore
Best of Luck everyone!!!!