IISc 2007 Admissions

Puys, the advertisment for JMET 2007 is out. This thread will pertain to solving your queries regarding the MBA programme at the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore. All the best for JMET 2007.

Puys, the advertisment for JMET 2007 is out. This thread will pertain to solving your queries regarding the MBA programme at the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore.

All the best for JMET 2007.

When does the notification come??
It should have come in TOI also right
When does the notification come??
It should have come in TOI also right

Should have... Check out with your friends...

Hi
Could you give us some idea about the MBA program at IISC. Like the current batch profile? How good it is in different areas like marketing/finance. The latest placement figures?

Hi arnab.. The present batch of IIsc has 20 students with a 50 - 50 mix of freshers and work ex. IIsc is EXTREMLY GOOD in marketing, operations and HR . The best part is the limited batch size... The avg placements last year were 7.05 lakhs and almost everyone (11 peple in that batch) were placed at the same....

Hi aad,

IISc's previous year cut off?? /

how the interview would be since all of them would be techies??

will the candidates be grilled on their Engg courses??

I dont think the admission notification is out

Thx

Hi aad,

IISc's previous year cut off?? /

how the interview would be since all of them would be techies??

will the candidates be grilled on their Engg courses??

I dont think the admission notification is out

Thx

Hi seshadri,

In case you are asking about the marks then it is around 70 marks. the cutoff ranks were around 700 for freshers and 1300 for workex guys. but mind u the screening is quite tuff. Picking 20 students from a chunk of more than 600 students is very tuff. Concentrate on exam and get an awesome score that will make life simple for GD/PI in few ways.

For info yes you will be asked a bit of techie stuff.Forget abt the GD/PI right now concentrate. Think of the bird in hand.

the notification is out plz check this link:
http://www.gate.iitb.ac.in/jmet06

regards
subhash

In case you are asking about the marks then it is around 70 marks. the cutoff ranks were around 700 for freshers and 1300 for workex guys.

Are you sure about this, dude?
70 seems to be high to me! and 700/1300 very low!

I am sure they do give calls to people with much lower ranks/marks.

Check it up!

Ramesh
Are you sure about this, dude?
70 seems to be high to me! and 700/1300 very low!

I am sure they do give calls to people with much lower ranks/marks.

Check it up!

Ramesh

Yup i agree with u pal...Marks needed to qualify were around aroud 63-65 !! 70 is very high.
rmbt Says
Yup i agree with u pal...Marks needed to qualify were around aroud 63-65 !! 70 is very high.

Hi RMBT,

I can bet on the marks. But I have confirmed with guys here about the ranks and are precisely correct. None of us remember the marks which we got.

Regards
subhash
Hi RMBT,

I can bet on the marks. But I have confirmed with guys here about the ranks and are precisely correct. None of us remember the marks which we got.

Regards
subhash

I think you mean " I can't bet on the marks."

Anyway, the best way to show the actual picture is -

tell the aspirants the Lowest ranker who has joined IISC (that should be the least scorer)
and
the lowest ranker who had got a GD PI call for IISc.

I doubt if the latter will be 1300. Check it up!

Regards
Ramesh

hi frnds!

Well ppl i believe ranks give a clearer picture of the state of affairs rather than marks which keep on changing as per the toughness of jmet.. yes.. the rank profile as given by subhash is absolutely correct..... iisc gives calls to very selective profiles.. about 250 students are selected out of the rank profiles mentioned and out of these finally 20 get thru the portals of iisc... hope this clears the doubts abt the selection process....now let me take this oppurtunity to enlighten the aspirants abt the place and the expectations...iisc as it is always known has a very strong brand equity attached to it and we savour and leverage this reality to its fullest... its a serene place.. bangalore as such is an airconditioned city... excellent weather... one is always pumped up for life... MBA course?? well... IISC is the pioneer of management courses in our country (mgmt dept was established in 1948..yes! for ppl who doubt it! shocked??) it had been a Post Graduate and research course in Industrial Management....MBA degree course started in 1999. Faculty is undoubtedly one of the best.. some our faculties are visiting faculties to the iims... one can look for a holistic development of oneself here... we are at the helm of affairs at iisc wether it is the annual fest of iisc or any evet at iisc level .. we run the show here... and for 20 ppl its a grt oppurtunity and everyone gets the share...yes.. we are academically inclined too.. this runs in the veins of iisc and the profile that gets chosen here reflects the same spirit.... placements here are a very chill affair.. one lands up at places where one wants to... in 2006 passed out batch everyone had more than three final offers... we have mgmt seminar series in which eminent personalities of the industry keep on visiting us regularly and we keep in constant touch with them too. all the time.... last tue INTEL india's tech. director came for a presentation and in the end he himselves asked for summer interns... this is the reputation which this insti has.. we dont usually advertise but ppl who matter know abt us in good measure.. Companies like goldman sachs which visit only select iims come at iisc for final placement ( they took 3 last time) in addition to that we also have internantional placements like the BANK OF ABUDABI.... this place rocks frnds.... hope this clears many doubts...

Take care and best of luck for ur jmet....
keep rockin...
saurabh

Details of the Offline Registration Process:

Application fee: Rs. 800 for general category and Rs. 400 for SC/ST category.
For sending the application by post (OFFLINE submission), JMET 2007 brochure and application form can be obtained by post from the GATE office of the zone OR in person through cash payment from the Bank (Bank details of respective IISc and IITs are given below) of the zone in which the test city, selected by the candidate, is located. The request, accompanied by two self-addressed slips and a demand draft for Rs.800/- (Rs.400/- for SC/ST categories) drawn in favour of the Institute concerned, has to be sent to the Chairman of the respective GATE office.

now , i've got a doubt pls help me if you know........its regarding the demand draft....should we take the dd in favour of the institute in its short form like"IISc bangalore"or should we expand it as"INDIAN INSTITUTE OF SCIENCE,BANGALORE"
anyone knowing this....pls do reply....

get the full name on... buddy.. best of luck...

hi frnds!

keep the thread aliive! we @ iisc would be glad to answere ur queries regarding the MBA program @ iisc... or any general query reagarding MBA..

keep rockin...
saurabh

Hey people
Please post your queries here. WE'll be more than happy to reply back....

Can you please tell me about the placement statistics of IISc for MBA grads. I mean the diversification of trades offered, like manufacturing, IT, consultancy etc, and also about the packages, highest, avg etc. I would be glad to know them. Are laterals offered?

We had 11 people in the pass out batch of 2006. The average salary was 7laks with an ang of 3 offers per student. We had Goldman sachs (Fionancial analyst), E&Y;(Consulting), Progeon(Analyst), Infy (Business concultant), Honeywell, mindtress(HR)... Many more had come on campus (KPMG, JP Morgan...) ... Hope this gives u a good picture

Hi all!!
I am Paras... MBA Batch 2005-07 DoMS IISc.
I understand the curiosity amongst JMET aspirants. I went through the same, when I was writing exams in 2005.
While joining IISc, I was not very sure as to how to place would be.
Well, after one and a half years in IISc, I think that I have a made a sound decision.
A few advantages that I realized are inherent in the system here are:

1. Small batch strength, extremely high individual attention. (I myelf remember, stopping one of our professors 5 times in the class to clarify the same doubt)

2. Discussion mode of learning (with the kind of batch strength, the whole learning gets enhanced with class discussions and profs. perform a role of the facilitator to improve reasoning)

3. Focus on research.(before coming here, I thought that the MBA course would be all about gyan on business, finance, mktg etc. with very little quant etc. I was proven wrong. The MBA program here, will make you do the research and analyse the primary data (using various methods and tools) to draw conclusions and make decisions.)

4. Peers. (the peers you will interact with day in day out will be form varied fields like design to microbiology to aerospace to oceanic sciences. This broadens you perspective and let's u be humble enough to understand that an MBA is not the be all and end all of the world)

And,
where else would have I gotten the opportunity to host my own website!

::Homepage of Paras B Mehta:: Student: MBA, Department of Management Studies, IISc, Bangalore

It contains information about me and the kind of work that goes on in here.
Its a beta version and pages are being added to the website on a weekly basis.

well,
till I come up with more experiences,
feel free to contact me or any of us for any queries

regards

paras
www.parasbmehta.com(beta version)