IIRM aspirant

hey puys, i will also distribute in this thread rare GD/PI material. i m aspirant of IIRM Jaipur. but there is no info on pagalguy on this inst. actualy all the discussion on the threads about mat institutes r revolving about instutes of de…

hey puys,

i will also distribute in this thread rare GD/PI material.
i m aspirant of IIRM Jaipur. but there is no info on pagalguy on this inst. actualy all the discussion on the threads about mat institutes r revolving about instutes of delhi and noida and one or two selected inst of banglore.

IIRM jaipur is becoming very gud year after year. and lot of students r applying for this.
plz come on all the IIRM aspirants and make this thread a platform for huge discussion

ATB

hey puys,

i will try here to distribute my GD resources.
if u like this and require more then plz tell me

ATB

OVERVIEW OF Agriculture

Agriculture is the mainstay of the Indian economy. Agriculture and allied sectors contribute nearly 22 per cent of Gross Domestic Product (GDP of India), while about 65-70 per cent of the population is dependent on agriculture for their livelihood. The agricultural output, however, depends on monsoon as nearly 60 per cent of area sown is dependent on rainfall. During 2005, Southwest monsoon was not well distributed in time. It was below normal in June, active in July, subdued in August and became active in September over the country. For the country as a whole, the seasonal rainfall from 1 June to 30September was 99 per cent of its long period average (LPA). According to the Third Advance Estimates on production of food grains and commercial crops released on 5 May 2006 the production of food grains during 2005-06 was estimated at 210.01 million tonnes, which is more than the food grains production of 2004-05 by 11.65 million tonnes or 5.9 per cent. The estimated production of rice at 89.88 million tonnes increased by 6.75 million tonnes or 8.1 per cent as compared to 2004-05. The production of wheat during 2005-06 estimated at71.54 million tonnes exceeds last years production by 2.90 million tonnes or4.2 per cent. The production of coarse cereals estimated at 34.67 million tonnes is more than the last years production by 1.21 million tonnes or by 3.6 per cent. The production of bajra was estimated at 8.31 million tonnes indicating a marginal increase of 4.8 per cent over the last years production of 7.93 million tonnes. In case of maize the production was estimated at 14.89 million tones which is more than last years production by 0.71 million tonnes or 5.0 per cent. The expected production of total pulses at 13.92 million tonnes shows a 6.0 percent increase over the last years production of 13.13 million tonnes.

The estimated production of total oilseeds at 26.70 million tonnes in2005-06 is more than the last years production by 2.34 million tonnes or by 9.6per cent. The production of cotton in 2005-06 was estimated at 18.93 million bales of 170 kg each which is more than the last years production level by 2.50million bales indicating an increase of 15.2 per cent. Jute and Mesta production during 2005-06 was estimated at 10.83 million bales of 180 kg each which is more than last years production of 10.27 million bales or by 5.5 per cent. Sugarcane production was estimated at 273.16 million tonnes, showing an increase of 36.07 million tonnes or 15.2 per cent over the preceding years production of 237.09 million tonnes.
FARM PRODUCE PRICE POLICY

The main objectives of the Government's price policy for agricultural produce aims at ensuring remunerative prices to the growers for their produce with a view to encouraging higher investment and production. Towards this end, minimum support prices for major agricultural products are announced each year which are fixed after taking into account the recommendations of the Commission for Agricultural Costs and Prices (CACP). The CACP, while recommending prices takes into account all important factors, viz:
1. Cost of Production
2. Changes in Input Prices
3. Input/Output Price Parity
4. Trends in Market Prices
5. Inter-crop Price Parity
6. Demand and Supply Situation
7. Effect on Industrial Cost Structure
8. Effect on General Price Level
9. Effect on Cost of Living
10.International Market Price Situation
11.Parity between Prices Paid and Prices Received by farmers (Terms of Trade).

Of all the factors, cost of production is the most tangible factor and it takes into account all operational and fixed demands. Government organizes Price Support Scheme (PSS) of the commodities, through various public and cooperative agencies such as FCI, CCI, JCI, NAFED, Tobacco Board, etc., for which the MSPs are fixed. For commodities not covered under PSS, Government also arranges for market intervention on specific request from the States for specific quantity at a mutually agreed price. The losses, if any, are borne by the Centre and State on 50:50 basis. The price policy paid rich dividends. The Government have raised substantially the MSPs in recent years as may be seen from the statement enclosed

Prime Minister and also In-Charge of the Ministries/Departments not specifically allocated to the charge of any Ministry viz:

Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions; Dr. Manmohan Singh
2) Ministry of Planning;
3) Department of Atomic Energy;
4) Department of Space;
5) Ministry of Coal;
6) Ministry of Environment & Forests
7) Ministry of External Affairs Shri Pranab Mukherjee
Ministry of Science & Technology and Ministry of Earth Sciences Shri Kapil Sibal
9) Ministry of Railways Shri Lalu Prasad
10) Ministry of Home Affairs Shri Shivraj V. Patil
11) Ministry of Chemicals & Fertilizers and Ministry of Steel Shri Ram Vilas Paswan
12) Ministry of Heavy Industries & Public Enterprises Shri Sontosh Mohan Dev
13) Ministry of Defence Shri A.K.Antony
14) Ministry of Human Resource Development Shri Arjun Singh
15) Ministry of Company Affairs Shri Prem Chand Gupta
16) Ministry of Power Shri Sushil Kumar Shinde
17) Ministry of Urban Development Sri S. Jaipal Reddy
1 Ministry of Labour & Employment Fernandes Shri Oscar
19) Ministry of Agriculture, Consumer Affairs and Food & Public Distribution Shri Sharad Pawar
20) Ministry of Mines Shri Sis Ram Ola
21) Ministry of Finance Shri P. Chidambaram
22) Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises Shri Mahavir Prasad
23) Ministry of Tribal Affairs Shri P.R. Kyndiah
24) Ministry of Shipping, Road Transport & Highways Shri T.R. Baalu 25) Ministry of Textiles Shri Shankersinh Vaghela
26) Ministry of Commerce & Industry Shri Kamal Nath
27) Ministry of Law & Justice Shri H.R. Bhardwaj
2 Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs Shri Vayalar Ravi
29) Ministry of Minority Affairs Shri Abdul Rehman Antulay
30) Ministry of Rural Development Shri Raghuvansh Prasad Singh
31) Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs Shri Priyaranjan Dasmunsi
32) Ministry of Information and Broadcasting
33) Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports Shri Mani Shankar Aiyar
34) Ministry of Development of North-Eastern Region
35) Ministry of Panchayati Raj
36) Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas Shri Murli Deora
37) Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment Smt. Meira Kumar
3 Ministry of Tourism and Culture Smt. Ambika Soni
39) Ministry of Communications & Information Technology Shri A. Raja 40) Ministry of Health & Family Welfare Dr. Anbumani Ramdoss
41) Ministry of Water Resources Prof. Saif-ud-Din Soz

General Overview of the Rural Development Sector
Back

INTEGRATED development of rural areas is one of the abiding tasks before the Government of India. The National Common Minimum Programme' (NCMP) of the Central government reiterates the cardinal importance of villages to the overall development of the country and commits to work towards development of rural areas, which for various reasons could not keep pace with urban areas in the past.

In conformity with this commitment of the Government, the Ministry of Rural Development accords foremost priority to development in rural areas and eradication of poverty and hunger from the face of rural India. A number of new initiatives have been taken in the recent years for creation of social and economic infrastructure in rural areas to bridge the rural urban divide as well as to provide food security and to fulfill other basic needs of the rural populace.

The renewed emphasis on rural development is also visible in the commensurate progressive increase in the allocation of resources for implementation of poverty alleviation Programmes. For the Tenth Five Year Plan, the allocation of funds for rural development Programmes has been enhanced to Rs. 76,774 crore as against Rs. 42,874 crore in Ninth Plan. An allocation of Rs. 24480 crore was made for the Ministry during 2005-06. The budget estimate for the year 2006-07 is Rs. 31443.62 crore.

Addressing the challenge of unemployment in the rural areas of the country is central to the development of rural sector for ameliorating the economic condition of the people. Wage employment is provided in rural areas under National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (NREGA) and Sampoorna Grameen Rozgar Yojana (SGRY) whereas self employment is provided under Swranjayanti Gram Swarozgar Yojana (SGSY). Besides, generating employment these wage employment schemes also ensure creation of durable assets in rural areas. Initiatives are also taken by the Ministry to build and upgrade the basic rural infrastructure through various schemes. Under Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana (PMGSY) construction and upgradation of rural roads are taken up to ensure rural connectivity. It is expected under the scheme that an expanded and renovated rural road network will lead to an increase in rural employment opportunities, better access to regulated and fair market, better access to health, education and other public services so as to accelerate the pace of economic growth in rural areas. Similarly basic amenities for housing, drinking water and toilets, etc., are provided under Indira Awaas Yojana (IAY), Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana (PMGSY) construction and upgradation of rural roads are taken up to ensure rural connectivity. It is expected under the scheme that an expanded and renovated rural road network will lead to an increase in rural employment opportunities, better access to regulated and fair market, better access to health, education and other public services so as to accelerate the pace of economic growth in rural areas. Similarly basic amenities for housing, drinking water and toilets, etc., are provided under Indira Awaas Yojana (IAY), Accelerated Rural Water Supply Programme (ARWSP) and Total Sanitation Campaign (TSC) to enhance the welfare and well-being of the vulnerable sections of rural population. Area Development is encouraged through Watershed Programmes to check the diminishing productivity of waste land and loss of natural resources.
The Ministry of Rural Development is also committed to fulfill the goals of Bharat Nirman- a time bound action plan for development of rural infrastructure espoused by the President of India Dr. A.P.J Abdul Kalam who described it as "the platform on which my government will construct its New Deal for Rural India". Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh extolled that "Bharat Nirman will be time-bound business plan for action in rural infrastructure for the next four years. Under Bharat Nirman, action is proposed in the areas of irrigation, roads, rural housing, rural water supply, rural electrification and rural telecommunication connectivity. We have set specific targets to be achieved under each of these goals so that there is accountability in the progress of this initiative." Bharat Nirman is thus viewed as an effort to unlock rural India's growth potential and be a key for ushering a new era. It is expected that Bharat Nirman will lead to considerable rural assets creation along with the National Rural Employment Guarantee Act.
Alongside, the new initiatives some of the existing schemes have also been streamlined and strengthened to make their implementation more speedy and effective.

hi,
here i m attaching a file. it is about BUDGET-all we need to know.
all we know that this is the hot topic for all the coming GD/PI.
i think it will help u.

nice info..

Hi,

Does IRM accept ATMA scores as well..nothg is mentioned in their website though. Kindly reply ASAP.

hi thankx for the information........

thx fr the info
but can u tell hw gud the institute is??
i got 99.77 in may mat
is it worth or... just a ok types institute

hello,
cud anyone please giv some more info. about the institute...like how much score from MAT and CAT do they accept,how gud its reputation is,what is the placement history,fee structure,etc..
Is it one of the best institutes under MAT...and which are the other gud mba colleges in rajasthan...please reply...

Well, as per my info. its an average college.....one of my friend is in same college & its his feedback.

hello frnds..

cud anybdy do tell me.. tht do IIRM accepts any score except MAT??

realy enthu for geting admision thr bt havnt scored much in MAT waiting for ATMA nd CAT results do tell me if IIRM accepts those scores?????

seniors nd puys.... help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tyagsa Says
Well, as per my info. its an average college.....one of my friend is in same college & its his feedback.

well i also have same info.