IIML - Online events go down

I, as a humble undergrad student decided to take a shot at the big boys at the so called IIM (luckow). We logged on at 6 PM an waited for it to be 8 PM for OBT(online game) to start (which is a marketing game that goes throughout the night) …

I, as a humble undergrad student decided to take a shot at the big boys at the so called IIM (luckow).

We logged on at 6 PM an waited for it to be 8 PM for OBT(online game) to start (which is a marketing game that goes throughout the night)

We got our pizzas ready, our fags out and all set wid our kotlers and case studies to crack the MBA lifestyle we were trying to get in through CAT.

Lo and behold, its 8 PM and what do we get? A crash server and a darn site that would never open..made by..one of those 3 year old child prodigies that bill gates would hav interviewed.

Is this the spirit of mgt that we are looking forward to at INDIAS 4rth BEST B SCHOOL!! What good is an institute that cant even manage time and keep a simple website up and running..

And we believe that there are international participants as well..is ths what it all comes down to??

Sincerely disappointed by the fact that we have had 3 hours wasted under a situation when our EXAMS were going on..why hype up such events when they end up as no more than loser projects..

Students - College Of Business Studies.

This isnt a direct dig, just a way to show that the system sucks and indian PREMIER institute is in a mess..cant be run..come undone..

Anyone for pizza?

Tragic....

maybe justifies why IIM C students want to get their events ISO certified ...

It sure does.

PS - IIM-L has sent me a vague excuse and they don't even bother with it.

I dont know whther such events really hold enough significance for the people there and organizers but it sure is a sad scenario considering their irresponsibility.

Hey guys...
u could try out www.iimkbackwaters.com and see how the 5th best college in the country is doing with its online games.

JC
(CBS 1999-2002)

It sure does.

PS - IIM-L has sent me a vague excuse and they don't even bother with it.

I dont know whther such events really hold enough significance for the people there and organizers but it sure is a sad scenario considering their irresponsibility.

Boss...Online games are tough to handle....
A lot of online games have had issues....randing from IIM-A's mouse trap to IIM-C's online games at Intaglio.

I dont think we would be justified in ragging on them just because their server crashed...S*it happens....deal with it

Besides...B-School students have better stuff to do than coding online games....seriously!

My 2 Cents....

^^read he post you quoted again and to give an excuse as "crap happens" is probably the typical mentality that has caught on.
I did say they sure have better things to do but a sense of responsibilty does arise too..doesnt it?

@JC - yup..heard a lot about you..have done that as welll!!Thanks!!

^^read he post you quoted again and to give an excuse as "crap happens" is probably the typical mentality that has caught on.
I did say they sure have better things to do but a sense of responsibilty does arise too..doesnt it?

Hi!

I fail to understand why an undergrad student will take so much interest in denting the image of a reputed Institute..I have registered for the fest and I must confess I'm truly amazed by the stuff that IIM-L guys have put up, the website has been very well managed and contains most of the relevant information...I've also been getting SMS alerts on my mobile before crucial events, I don't think any other B-School has done that before. You should not badmouth an Institute just because of some Technical glitches in one of the events...technical glitches happen all the time, even in the best of organisations...I hope you get my point :)

Cheers!

P.S: Modz plz lock this thread before it becomes a spam haven

I get your point.

But, Why shouldnt an UnderGrad team participtae out there?
Sorry to say put ti across this way, but it aint a joke!!
Just beat IMI last month at almost 3 quizzes..when you are good at something...you are allowed to take part??right?
IIMC doesnt allow undergrads and thus, we dont!!

Ain't bad mouthing for the sake of it..read the PS again!!

And well, Lock the thread if that is so..i had to say something and i think i got more replies than i imagined.

Also..why this support when you KNOW very well that nothing had started of the events so far etc and its just the site that works!!Not the inside stuff which is imp!!

woah... wait... dont lock the thread yet... not until I know what this fine young gentleman has heard about me.

Neways my 2 cents on the issue... Well... Things do go wrong at events. Sometimes its the fault of the organisers and sometimes its beyond their control. What I would base my judgement on is how well they react to it and whether it is repeated. So if the same mistake is repeated then I guess there would be reason to shout about. Otherwise... everybody deserves a second chance. :)

JC

Ok..maybe twas haste outh tho maybe it was a little ok considering their mistake,

@jc - Ahh!! Vague Stuff!! Sorry if i put it this way..but the surd from cbs..lol..your college t shirt is still in high demand (they say it was urs).

Ok..maybe twas haste outh tho maybe it was a little ok considering their mistake,

Whatever that meant in English..God Bless you :)

All the best for future competitions, do make it a point to take part in our fest which is coming up in Feb..hopefully u won't be disappointed in that :)

Cheers!

^^yes, i did and i will..thank you

Cheers!!

whats your point dude? we should all ban IIML.besides, what does the title mean?

What good is an institute that cant even manage time and keep a simple website up and running..

Students - College Of Business Studies.

A 100 for the indignation :-)

Now you know what we felt when we came down for the CBS events lol j/k both IIML and CBS are great instis... the question here is how will you react to all this... something to think abot perhaps

The idea of opening a thread with a wild subject def. helped you didnt it .. That said, now the thread has been renamed to reflect the content.

boredbachelor Says
whats your point dude? we should all ban IIML.besides,

When did i say BAN IIML??lol..i never.

Its a great inst all said and done and i did have to make a point and i did!!

@pg- that was kinda the idea..!!
cmon guys, dont be so harsh on IIML... its the only call i got this year :-)

Glitches happen, remeber a certain gentleman Billy G trying to introduce his company's latest product, some years ago?
methinks this thread should be locked *fast*
cmon guys, dont be so harsh on IIML... its the only call i got this year :-)
Glitches happen, remeber a certain gentleman Billy G trying to introduce his company's latest product, some years ago?

Hey congrats on the L call, i see yr from Delhi, maybe we'll meet each other -> IIFT in march

Uh... plz tell me who Billy G is and what his product was? Wont be able to sleep right tonight otherwise :huh: