IIML Noida Campus (working managers program) WMP [2014-2017]

Hi All,Starting this thread to keep a track of students appearing for WMP (Working Manager’s Programme) at IIM Lucknow, Noida Campus on 13th April 2014. Seniors please suggest on this thread so that it will help to the WMP 2014 aspirants. …

Hi All,

Starting this thread to keep a track of students appearing for WMP (Working Manager's Programme) at IIM Lucknow, Noida Campus on 13th April 2014.

Seniors please suggest on this thread so that it will help to the WMP 2014 aspirants.

Regards,

SKUMAR

Hey SKUMAR

I am also planning to apply to the WMP program.. any idea as to what's the exam format.. all they say is that its gonna be CAT based..

cheers!

Hi guys!

Ia m also applying for IIML WMP for 2014-17. Any guess how many applicants for this
course every year. The number of seats are 130.

hello there,

I am applying only to IIML WMP. For MDI & FMS the last date for applying already over (January).
Interested only in doing part time MBA. I have never given CAT exam before. Last time I opened up books was in 2009. I prefer less number of applicants for ease of admission.

hi Guys..

I want to know about how is WMP in shaping up our careers? Since there would be no placements, how can we exploit the degree in the market and make the maximum use of it?

guys did you get any news frm IIM.. i just got an application form recd notification email.. nothing more.. no info of venue/time/entrance cards..

@vineet214 @yashukla @SKUM

Best of luck for the exam guys !

🍻

Hi, I got a call for the GD PI for this program.. Anyone else out there?

How good is this course over 1 year full time MBA? or it's vice versa..?

Best of luck for tomorrow. Do share your experience.

Is anyone joining the WMP Program this year?

I am little confused whether this course would be useful or not.
Moreover is there anyone who will be travelling from Delhi for this course? How are you planning to manage?

Got my joining letter yesterday...anyone else got it yet?

Got joining letter through mail yesterday. . . and presently staying in Gurgaon... ‚Ź €š

@drv217

Got joining letter through mail yesterday. . . and presently staying in Gurgaon... ‚Ź €š

how r u planning to travel?

Pros:

1. This is a rigorous management course with study hours equivalent to it's full time counterpart and the only difference is that classes are held on weekends and sometimes even in evening on week days.

2. This is a diploma program (Post Graduate Diploma in Management for Working Executives), similar to full time Diploma program but not any certification Course.

3. IIM tag is more than sufficient to segregate your CV from other Job aspirants and for the same reason IIM won't let deteriorate it's reputation in the market.

4. Fees is comparatively less as compared to other Institution's Part time courses. For e.g. MDI, etc.

5. WMP Batch consists of eminent people from various fields and also having quiet good work experience, which increases learn-ability from peers apart from class programs. And this type of method is not found in full time courses where most of the candidates are having 0 years of experience

Cons:

1. Doesn't provide placement Assistance.

2. Part time course doesn't enjoys good reputation in market as compared to Full time Courses.

My View point:

Firstly, If someone doesn't want to leave his/her near about 7 figure salary job and also want to enhance management skills then IIM's part time name is far better than any other full time course. But if you willing to leave the job and do dedicated prepare for CAT/XAT/GMAT for full time executive program then it has its own pros and cons.

Secondly, IIML-WMP program has concept of "Course of Independent Study" which allows you to take up any sector of your choice as your elective subject and do case studies over the same. Thus, helping you to perform better in your field of interest.

I think decision to join this program purely depends on someone's current circumstances, ambitions and aim in life.

Please do jot down further points to above list, helping others to mull over before joining the program.

I am also going to join this course. Some useful information for all of you.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/iimlwmp2014

Google group created for more convenience in discussions...

When is the notification coming out for 2015 batch?

Hi all,

Can someone tell, how is written test going to be like ? how much preparation is needed ?