IIML GD/PI Experiences (2005-07)

This is the only IIM whose GDPI experiences thread for 2005-07 was not created so far. So, thought that I might as well take the lead. So, here goes… post your GDPI experiences of IIML here … and hope the modz are ok with the t…

This is the only IIM whose GDPI experiences thread for 2005-07 was not created so far. So, thought that I might as well take the lead. So, here goes.............

post your GDPI experiences of IIML here .... and hope the modz are ok with the thread being started about two weeks early....

Vaibhav.

correction...IIMC GD/PI thread not come up as yet too...

ashishyahoo Says
correction...IIMC GD/PI thread not come up as yet too...

you are wrong go to search option and check again,i am damn sure the thread exsists for IIM C 2005 -2007.

CIAO

RINKU

searched the forum ppl.. cannot find a threaad for iimc gd/pi 2005. should start one if not already started. post the link if anyone knows the thread.

devvrat Says
searched the forum ppl.. cannot find a threaad for iimc gd/pi 2005. should start one if not already started. post the link if anyone knows the thread.

this is the link for IIM CALCUTTA

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/iim-c-2005-2007-gd-pi-discussionsexperience-etc-25006871

ciao

rinku

Hi Guys,

My IIM L interview is on 19th Mar 2005, in Bangalore.

Does anyone else have an interview b4 that?? Or on the same day?

IIML interviews start in Bangalore on 19th march only. I'm on 19th at 2PM

Ok, so it looks like I'll get the first day, first show...

All the best everyone....

wogay....i'm the furst wun....here me goes...intw @ NASC complex delhi @ 2 PM

GD- is capital punishment justified?

First we had to write an essay of about 150 words on a sheet of paper...10 mins for this...then the panel took the forms+essay...and GD started
globe...they stopped us abt 2 min after beginning...said that fish market nako! after then everyone seemed to get a lot more civilized...most of the mess created by sitting arrangement....all of us were on one side of the table so quite hard to communicate wid the group everyone was leaning forward and really weird...newyz...dicussion was okish and me did okish

panelists seemd to b nasty:| and had a thing for stressing peepl out

PI...was 3rd in the group

okay this wud be M-me, P1-stresser, P2- silent

P1- Amit,how was ur IIMA interview
M- it aint amit its ROHIT and the interview was ok
P1- wat was it bout...
M- tells
P1- how come they asked bout stox?(me added bait for stox...lil did i know what was to follow:))
M- interested..
P1- how come...
M- book called Liars poker...
P1- tell me abt it....
M-(that makes it 3 out of 4 intws where i have been asked abt this book...)...tells...i take my time n tell em all about I bankin
P1- so stock eh
M- yessir
P1- how is the value of index calculated...
M- goes on abt it...
P1- what is free float factor?
M- tells
P1- so u r good at it eh?
M- pretty much a novice sirr(I am not falling for that trap man!...no way am i gonna tell u that i am good)
P1- blue chip stocks?
M- tells...
P2- why have a BSE 100 wen BSE 30 is there...
M- tells talks bout representation and blah blah
P2- what is %^$#*^*#(some very technical sounding shit:))
m- dunno
P2- what contanglio...
M- summin to do wid options...bu not sure
P2- so u know derivatives also eh!
M- only basics sirrrrrr
P2- swaps? option? swoptions?
M- tells swaps n options...and i dunno wtf a swoption is ....havent come accross such a term yet!
P2 - some weird Q again...related to regression analysis
M- I havent studied stats for ages man...i dunno
P2- hmmm u have incomplete knowledge
M- sir as i said i am anovice and this is exactly why i want to do an MBA...blah blah...talks bout how i dont invest yet so as not to get mah hands burnt
P2- ok u must have seen quotes...what all do they have..
M- tells...high low..open close.volume blah blah
P2- where do u read abt stocks?
M- investopedia and fool.com
P1- so blogging eh....watsit?
M- tells...about 5 min on blogging
P2(all of a sudden) - can u b corrupt?
M- absolutely not!
P2- why...
M- conscience wont allow it
P1- so u r not good enuff for IIML then...or for that matter any IIM..
both of them look at each other and seem to agree that only thugs can come to IIML
M- blah blah...disagree wid him....talk bout stress on ethics in IIML...have talked to seniors
P1- so what else did they tell u?
M- globe
P2- what is GDP growth rate, inflation?
M- tells approx figures
P2- say u r the finance minister of india....if u had to reduce inflation to 1 % wat wud u do?
M- (almost jumps out of chair with happiness:)) talks at length about CRR , currency supply, demand supply, banks loans for short term n talks bout inflation being a necessary evil so wud have to deal with it in short term if u want a long term soln...
P2- and the long term soln wud be.?
M- invest in infra...sectors that create value in long run..blah blah
P1 - so i c u have studied a couse on organisations & managerial eco
M- yes...
P1- wats the maslow theory...
M- dunno....course was mainly based on presentations never studied thsi...
P1- wat are the diff (something) of management
M- blabbers summin
P1- guessin?
M- know a couple...logically tryin to get to others...
P1- wats %^*(()*
M- never heard uv it...like i said before sir course was basically on prez and not theory much
P2- but it sayd managerial eco..
M- sir the i dun think nomenclature of course reflects the contents truely
P2- but how will u give a prez if u dunno anything...
M- states prez topic and also tells him about the wharton journal and globe...
P2- tahnk u

P2 kept frowning at me for a long time as if i had stolen his choclate or something...overall they were trying to stress me out but i kinda kept my cool throughout...dunno what to make of it...

ciao

Plz do not quote lengthy posts

it was a gr8 pi yaar!!!!
seems to me that u r in man!
btw wat's that essay thing--essay on the gd topic b4 the gd??? or essay on some other topic??

btw wat's that essay thing--essay on the gd topic b4 the gd??? or essay on some other topic??

ya it was on the topic of the GD...10 mins..150 words...

IVE GOT MINE ON 23rd AT INDIA INTERNATIONAL CENTER....
ROHIT UVE DONE THE BIG INTERVIEWS WELL ... THIS WAS JUST A CAKE WALK FOR YOU...
RIGHT FREN!!!!!

ATUL

FIRST yaar wat the hell is this post by dude_17...it's on every thread!!! wat the hell is going on??

neways had my L GD/PI at DLI 2day...again was in same batch as anand .....so gd topic ws same...sumthing bout CAPITAL PUNISHMENT.....first we had an essay for 10 mins on the same topic...i though messed it a bit....newys wen the gd strted sumthing bad happened.one of the panelist thumped the table and asked us to stop and not make it a fish mkt.... ... after tht things were halcyon.....everyone spoke for sum time.....i came in arnd 4-5 times sumtimes with globe gyaan...rest with sum SUPPOSEDLY CONCRETE POINTS ..newys over all nice one.....

PI ahh...again i was the last to be interviewed...i dunno why is is happening to me....in all the 5 pis i've given so far i m either last or second last:huh: :huh: ...newys after a gud wait of arnd 3 hrs my chance did come....but one thing is for sure...the panel was in a hurry ....now read b/w the lines to make out the meaning

wen i enetred only P1 ws in place...

P1 so u r frm inst and control?
M yes sir...
P1 wats thermocouple?
M told
some discussion on thermocouple and applications and sumthing bout the one we used in college....ansed some rest said dunno ...
P1 ok wats control sys?
M told
P1 types?
M told
P1 y pid and not pi?
M told
P1 looks at my mark sheets...ohh u've studied Engg drawing also (nooooo)
M yes sir
P1 wats isometric drawing?
M ....phew...i told sumthing bout that projection si not parallel....it converges....
P1 angle b/w lines?
M...not sure :huh:
now p2 has entered the room..
P1 asks bout control loop
M told
P1 continues with contro loop and final control element..
M told sum arbit things
P1 ok so u've also studied analog and digi comm(plzzz nething but tht...i suck at it....luk at my marks...)
M yes sir....
P1 suddenly moves over to IOME....mebbe he did see my makrs in ADC
M told bout IOME....managerial ...eco....funda..added tht we had presentations and discussions...even anad said same...so used his ans
P1 asks bout presentation and stuff.....y presentation....y not normal method of teaching...
M blah...blah..blah...blahhhhh
then sum general discussion bout powerpoint slides and blackboard and which one is better..i just talked globo...
P2 wat have u studied in ur INSTITUTION and control engg
M sir it's INSTRUMENTATION and control:wow:
P2 yeah yeah..tht only..
M sir controls...controls...controls...(hell ask me sumthing on controls...plzzzz)
P2 hmm.asks bout some Z value of normal distribution curve
M dunno....jsut gave eqn of normal distribution curve...:huh:
P1 asks bout bernolli's theorem and how can accident happen related to it..
M told bernollis eqn...dunno bout the accident part....
P2 ok...tell me the specification of flag.
M sir 2:3...colors...and spokes..
P2 ok there r 3 rules reg indian flag...wat r they?:wow:
M ......xactly dunno.but i can give sum general awareness ans....1) flag is removed bfore sunset.2) it shud not touch the grnd 3) it is on half mast on national mourning...tell me r they correct?????????

P2 ok how can ur ICE be used in TSUNAMI detection sys?
M sum gyaan bout change in pressure due to waves....pressure transducers....and arbit things...

P1+P2..ok thankoo.(for wasting our time) ...
M thankoo...

hmmm....it was arnd 15-20 mins long...dunno wat to make out of it....actually i've stopped reading meaning into gd/pis...they r beyond my comprehension ....

i wud luv it if sum one tells me how it was.....plzzzzzzzzzzzzz

adios
rohit

hey
Anyone with an abm call from lucknow?
i have no clue how to prepare. i dont even have a background even close to the course.
HELP!

hey
i have no clue how to prepare. i dont even have a background even close to the course.
HELP!

could you explain your rationale behind why you even applied for the course?
that might help in framing a plausible answer to "why abm".
hey
HELP!

i am attaching some links relevant to abm

http://www.agriculture-industry-india.com/
http://www.fao.org/countryprofiles/index.asp?lang=en&iso3;=IND&subj;=4
http://attra.ncat.org/marketing.html

hope that it helps, i know u wil not reply bck

ciao

rinku

Hi guys and gals,
Had my GD/PI yesterday. Here's my experince:
GD: Is India ready for Space Research and Nuclear program?
Usual routine GD with every1 doing equally good i thought.
PI:

Me(DM)...P1 and P2
P1: Briefly describe urself.
DM: blah blah blah...mentioned my achievments at Infosys...Individual Excellence Award and stuff...
P1: Wats the difference between Software Engineer and Program Analyst?
DM: Told them but basically told it's blurred as I was doing work of PA but I am a SE...
P1: says but you are exceptional....
DM: Just smile(dunno how to react)

P1: Asks Maths question...Graph for mod X-3...Is it continous...is it differentiable...why not...difference b/w Matrix and determinant...difference b/w cofactor and minor...
DM: Answered all these really well...had been asked des questions in previous interviews and didn't know the answers then!!
P1: how do you remember all this...Must have been told by coaching institutes?
DM: No sir...Dunno wat else i said
P2: Which coaching institute did you join?
DM: IMS correspondence
P1: Again says ur Maths is really gud...You are good why didnt you try for IIMs before?
DM: (Wat do des guys want) Yes sir i did try a couple of years back...But in hindsight i realise my experience wud help me relate MBA education better...
P1: HOw can you say that!! You have been taught all these things by coaching institutes(Dunno they were really anti coaching institutes)...You dont know wat we will teach you...If say the same thing after one year in IIMs then its acceptable...
DM: Just try to mumble something...
P2: Asks about Napster...Security mechanisms...Search page ranking
DM: Carried on for atleast 15 min...Thought i gave them reasonable answers...
P2: No your security concepts are not that good...
DM: Smile(NO COMMENTS)
P1: But Maths is good...What was your score in 12th class.
DM: 98...Topped my school sir...(probably shudn't have said that)
P2: (was going through the interview form) Your work ex comes out to be 18 mnths and not 19 months...did some calculations...
DM: I tried to calculate but said yeah it is 18.5..so i rounded it off to 19...
P1: NO its a bit less than 18.5 so round it off to 18.
DM: I say its fine and change the interview form(Later on realised dats its 18 months and 20 days which is much greater than 18.5!!!)
P2: So I am also gud at Maths...I also topped my school!!!(I dunno whether they took my telling dat as bragging or something)
P1: So how was CAT this year...It was easier right.
DM: Sir although the level of questions was easy the change in pattern upset many candidates so overall the cut off remains same as last year.
P1: Yes, we had different marking...So what do you think should this continue?
DM: Dunno whether it is good or bad...but what i think is that CAT pattern shud keep on changing so that candidates do not come wid preconcieved plans...
P1: EXACTLY...we want to negate the coaching institutes...pattern shud change.
DM: support them...
P1: Ok Deepak Thank you...Your Maths is good but security concepts are weak!!
DM: (Not again)...Thanks sir

That was it lasted at least 30 min...ppl outside said it was arnd 40-45 min...
So guys wat do you think my chances...thought it went off decently...But i think probably shudnt have mentioned my topper stuff!!...but these things happen instinctively...
Tell abt ur comments on this...and all the best to one and all...

deepak, i think you had a very decent interview....btw,what was the location?

floydian_25 Says
deepak, i think you had a very decent interview....btw,what was the location?

It was N.Delhi...NASC Complex