IIMK - EPGP 5

Wanted to start this thread for IIMK EPGP 5 selected and wait listed candidates. Please post queries and express your views on the course. Don't forget to mention:*Total years of exp*/*Current domain* (e.g. IT, Manufacturing, Retail) / *selec...

Wanted to start this thread for IIMK EPGP 5 selected and wait listed candidates. Please post queries and express your views on the course.

Don't forget to mention:Total years of exp/Current domain (e.g. IT, Manufacturing, Retail) / selection status (selected/ wait listed)/ City

I have formed a google group for the selected and waitlisted attendees. The Group URL is : https://groups.google.com/d/forum/epgp-iimk-2012-14. Please join to share your thoughts.

Hi,I'm Rakesh sinha , working with Tata Gr. of companies & based at Tatanagar.

I've more than 10 years of work experience .

I also got selected for the IIMK EPGP05 .

I'm joining the course as the advantage of getting certified as " Executive Post Graduate Diploma in Management" without sacrificing the current job /earnings.

I have received the offer letter from IIM K as well. I am from Bangalore as well. Anyone else from bangalore and opting for koramangala center? Please share

Btw my name is karthik and work with Mcafee India.
@rakesh001sinha
@Iamkarth

Please join the google group shared above if you have not already.

I have received an offer from IIMK. I am in Engg Design with 15 years Exp. I opt for Whitefield center. Anyone from Whitefield center?

Hi ...myself Kamal....I got selected fr ePGP 05 ...I will b joinin Koramangala centre Blore...I have 6+ yrs f exp in Software....

Is there any body from Tatanagar joiningg for EPGP05( IIMK)

Date 10Oct-2012: Afternoon 2:30 ..Sitting in office canteen...got call from my wife..Was very happy to clear exam+interview after 7 years ...
One day after : state transformed to: Wondering...Searching..Greed started arising...inquisitive about Career ..what after epgp...Is it worth 7lakhs and 2 years Rigorous hardship ?
.. Did lots of goggling ..every page is now known by my laptop cookies and they say : I am marking this page in violet color..Later i tried to rescue ..to get inputs from peers and few of my HR friends..
As far as i inquired from my current company HR manager..they don't accept e-MBA guys for their normal MBA requirements..(This i am not speaking of mid tier IT companies but big scale IT company)
Knowledge if gained but never applied rather never got opportunity to apply result in rust. I wonder if there is industry recognition where can we apply this.
Perception is that this will get applied somewhere
Immediate though which comes in mind are we applying graduation knowledge in current industry but then another facet is that degree is recognised/accepted by indian industry
I also called plenty of seniors from epgp batch 01,02,03,04 ..didn't got positive feedback from any one of them..No one has applied any learning in their current company/project nor it helped in switching
their jobs.
Intentions are not to demotivate but to find actual picture...To investigate that in epgp course case study of different subjects HR,operations..managerial eco is required OR
case study is required as why this course has failed to be recognized by industry what
amendments to be made to make it recognized by industry.
I am manager in IT firm and completed my PMP this year..PMP adds value to resume also it teaches how to manage projects..Which i see as more applicable in on going projects so is it industry recognized...
I am not sure after feedback from seniors which epgp subject is real time applicable in IT industry and if applicable why is it not industry accepted, if accepted why not seniors reaping fruits out of it : in current or outside orgs???

@rakesh001sinha

Hi,I'm Rakesh sinha , working with Tata Gr. of companies & based at Tatanagar.

I've more than 10 years of work experience .

I also got selected for the IIMK EPGP05 .

I'm joining the course as the advantage of getting certified as " Executive Post Graduate Diploma in Management" without sacrificing the current job /earnings.

This was in deed a very decision on your part.

It is almost 5 months now, EPGP-05 batch entered into the programme. The course is really wonderful and been modified based on from the feedback received from past batches. We have completed almost 40 to 50 case studies till now. In coming days, IIMK is planning to remove the technology partner and building their own infrastructure for the platform sessions. Also, earlier I have seen lots of feedback regarding Hughes connectivity. This is improved over times by now. Worth doing the same considering the AMBA Accreditation and course content. I suggest people to join the same in case looking for a part time MBA(EPGDM)programme. After PGSEM(IIM-B), this is definitely next, in the list, course content, methodology/case study wise. 1 pain point(At least me as a student feel :-()Almost in each class, you will have a class test(so called Quiz).....