IIMC-PGPEX-II: Interview Shortlist and beyond ...

Hi Guys, This new thread is for shortlisted candidates of PGPEX-II to post their profiles, interview dates, location etc… and also discussion regarding interview preparations. This thread would then be a source of shortlisted batch profiles…

Hi Guys,

This new thread is for shortlisted candidates of PGPEX-II to post their profiles, interview dates, location etc... and also discussion regarding interview preparations. This thread would then be a source of shortlisted batch profiles which would be helpful for next year's aspirants.

Thanks.

Let me start with myself.

GMAT: 710
Work Ex: 5 years (all US)
Education: B.Tech, MS
Industry: Telecom

GMAT: 650
Work Ex: 11 years (5 yrs india; 6 yrs US)
Education: B.Tech (Chemical, India), MS (Environmental, US)
Industry: Environmental Engineering

Using my wife's login
GMAT 730
AWA 5
Experience 6yrs 8 months
All in IT
International Exposure 3yrs 11 months (UK) and increasing
Education B.E. (Mech) --> Good
ECA -- Avg

Hi thecrab2000, great initiative. Wonderful...

Hi, Here are my details.
GMAT 670 (V-41, Q-42):(

Profession : Journalist
Total Workex: About 11
International Workex: Some in London (Journalist visa is tougher than GMAT to crack)
Education: Calcutta University, English literature

here is my profile:
GMAT: 710 AWA: 5.5
Education: B.Tech. IITK
Industry: IT
Exp: 7 yrs, 1st 4+ yrs entrepreneur and then with a MNC
ECA: Good

Hi,
My details are -

GMAT score - 690
Education - B.E ( E & C)
Work Ex - 6 yrs
Industry - Banking
Profile - Business Analyst

Congrats to all those shortlisted and all the best for the inteviews!! Interview experiences in our case varied from panel to panel. However, I will write briefly about the experiences I know of. Most of them were questions like why mba? why now? questions on hobbies/extracurriculars mentioned in the application; individual strengths and weaknesses; current affairs and your analysis/views of recent events; questions on past experience specially for non-it guys (finance, manufacturing etc); human behaviour related questions.....to test EQ I guess; and then.....type of acco you want etc. I will post more as I remember....

My profile :

GMAT: 700 AWA: 5.0
Education: B.Tech. IIT
Industry : IT (Finance Domain)
Exp: 7 yrs, 1st 4 yrs telecom / last 3 yrs Finance

All the best to everyone shortlisted !

so..we have started getting traffic to this thread... now if somebody can get the info about total number of shortlisted candidates, then it would be great. Keep posting as and when you guys start receiving emails about your interview schedules.

What percentage of the final selection criteria is the personal interview? How much weightage is given for the GMAT score after the first cut? It looks like I have a lower GMAT score than all of the selected ones who have came out in the open till now.
SKP Says
Congrats to all those shortlisted and all the best for the inteviews!! Interview experiences in our case varied from panel to panel. However, I will write briefly about the experiences I know of. Most of them were questions like why mba? why now? questions on hobbies/extracurriculars mentioned in the application; individual strengths and weaknesses; current affairs and your analysis/views of recent events; questions on past experience specially for non-it guys (finance, manufacturing etc); human behaviour related questions.....to test EQ I guess; and then.....type of acco you want etc. I will post more as I remember....

Hi Guys,
There seems to be a technical error with the website that shows the result for the interview shortlist for PGPEX II:
OurWeb :: IIM Calcutta Programs

ISSUE:
The date of birth field is accepting mm/dd/yyyy format instead of dd/mm/yyyy

So in case you are anxiously awaiting the results and have seen the regret message, please recheck using mm/dd/yyyy instead of dd/mm/yyyy

I have contacted the IT deptt to confirm this error and resolve the issue. You can also call IIM PGPEX office to confirm your results.

Rgds

--
Anish DixitPGPEX 2006-07,

I've been watching these forums closely ever since my application, but I've decided to make my first post now since I've been shortlisted!

My profile :

GMAT: 770 AWA: 6.0
Education: B.Tech. IIT, MS (Industrial Engg, US)
Industry: Management Consulting
Exp: 6 yrs (2yrs industry, 4yrs consulting)

Congrats to all shortlisted!

I've been watching these forums closely ever since my application, but I've decided to make my first post now since I've been shortlisted!

My profile :

You have a stellar profile.......and it will be difficult for a person like to go through with such profiles around ....mine profile
GMAT : 690
Education : BE
Exp : will be 6.5 by december
Present Location : US
ECA : bad

What books/ articles / sites etc. you guys are referring to for interview prep ?

Hey,

It is interesting we have so similar profiles :-)

GMAT: 760 AWA: 6.0
Education: BE (Production Engg), MS (Industrial Engg, US)
Industry: Management Consulting (Manager Role)
Exp: 5 years (2 Industry + 3 Consulting)
ECA: Average

All the best.

My profile :

BE, ME (Electrical Engg.) from one of REC, INDIA
12 years of work exp - USA,India,Malaysia
Power sector, IT Services, Logistics

GMAT - 710

Shortlisted for telephonic Interview from Malaysia

But..........I am heading to US university...........

:wow: That is pretty interesting!

After 7 years of living away from India I've decided that I want to move back to India from the UK. I think IIMC or IIMA is the best way to get back to India for me, although it is tempting to stay in consulting in the UK as I was just made a junior partner.

Hey,

It is interesting we have so similar profiles :-)

GMAT: 760 AWA: 6.0
Education: BE (Production Engg), MS (Industrial Engg, US)
Industry: Management Consulting (Manager Role)
Exp: 5 years (2 Industry + 3 Consulting)
ECA: Average

All the best.

All
I am IN too and here's my profile:

GMAT: 710 AWA: 4.5
Education: BE
Exp: 11+ years all in IT (7+ international)

All the best to everyone for interviews. Anyone from Hyderabad shortlisted?

Cheers

Guys,
I'm IN! However, a very strange thing happened with me. I tried to search my result on web site and it displayed that I'm not short-listed. Nevertheless, I called PGPEX office to double-check (perhaps, I was confident also of my short-listing) and they confirmed that I've been called for interview :)
So, my advise to guys, whose result on web site is showing negative, plz call up PGPEX office and cross check your results.
My profile:
Exp - 8 yrs IT Project Manager (around 4 yrs intl)
Qual - BE, MBA, Good grades
ECA - Good
GMAT - 740 (50/40/5.5)
I've opted for telephonic interview option. Good luck to all who are short-listed.
-P-