IIMC GDPI experiences

hiiii all, since IIMC GDPI are starting today all over india, lemme take the honors of starting this thread fr all PGites…junta pour in ur experiences asap… ATb to all…

hiiii all,

since IIMC GDPI are starting today all over india, lemme take the honors of starting this thread fr all PGites.....junta pour in ur experiences asap...

ATb to all....

hiiii all,

since IIMC GDPI are starting today all over india, lemme take the honors of starting this thread fr all PGites.....junta pour in ur experiences asap...

ATb to all....

bol to all u guys appearing for C ivs..jus crack it

termi.

I heard the IIMC GD/PI in Chennai were pretty stressful. Curious to know more about it.

Arun

hey guys....

i think the 1st batch of C intvs r over all over india.... 😃

so guys who r through with the interviews..... pls post ur experiences.....

also pls mention which city ur intv was and wherther any acads, maths and GA quens were asked...??:

any guys from mumbai throu with the intvs.... keep posting the details.... 😃

all the best 2 everyone

cheers

since the interviews are being held at the sametime the panels are different at all the centres. so plz ppl when posting your experience do mention the CITY of your interview..

cheers

IIM Chillaxcutta !

Date : 13.03.2006
Time : 9:30 am
Venue : Dadar, Mumbai
Panel : 2

No of guys in my panel : 11. ( I was the 11 guy to be interviewed.. doesn't Glenn Mcgrath hate batting! :whatthat:

GD topic : Ethics is absoulute.

A very chaotic discussion with multiple speakers "blah-blahing" at the same time on numerous occasions. A lot of "please lemme complete" and "let one speak at a time" was used.. but Hiolla.. if so many of us were concerned about each other.. why the fishy situation ?

The discussion was on for 12 minutes ( the duration was announced prior to the start of the discussion )
After the discussion, names were called randomly and were asked to summarise and add stuff not which he/she felt should have been discussed.

I opened my bloody mouth on 4-5 occasions.. Overall performance.. so-so..

Interview :

P1 : An aged Proff wearing a white shirt.
P2 : An aged Proff wearing a green shirt
P3 : An aged Lady wearing a green saree..

awr - anupam will return
Ven - Vengeance ka bhoot ( after Vengeance getting banned.. no more answers to my interview questions.. )

Questions post karoonga.. answers nahi
P1 : Anupam, you working ?
P2: Tell me about your work profile ?
P1 : More about PDM ( Product data Management )
P1 : What is a PLM ( Product Life cycle management ) ? Explain
P2: What's ur role as a programmer? What do u develop ?
P1: Tell me about your role as a team member for FF4 ?
P2 : Tell me about your experience as a team leader of the tech support team ?
P1: Any special experiences as a team leader?
P3: Tell me something about yourself ?
P3: So, you've done 3 years of professional training in tabla .. hmm.. name some taals ?
P3: Name any other percussion instrument other than tabla ?
P2: Heard of Mridung ?
P2: What influenced you to practise reiki ?
P2: and does reiki work ?
P2 : how has reiki changed your life ?
P1 : Oh.. so you do cartooning ,.. what type of cartoons do you draw ?
P2: Are we funny ?( followed by a laughter )
P3 : So.. you a MENSA member too.. what prompted you to join MENSA.. now a days lots of youngsters like you join MENSA.. why so ?
P1: Oh.. so you've visited the IIM C campus.. tell me more about IIM C ?
P2 : What's so special about IIMC which you don't find anywhere ?
P3 : Ok.. Anupam.. thanx a lot.. I would keep your work-ex certificates with me..

exit awr and Vengeance ka bhoot!

@anupamwillreturn
thanx man for posting your experience...can you please tell me if everyone was asked to summarise/add points or selected few were asked to do so...

So, anupam bhai has done the muhurat for this thread by giving us the first ever IIMC experience...
....Seeing the questions, I am sure u would have cracked all of them.....But I surely miss the awr v/s ven conversation

:sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: whattttttt!!!!!!!!!
no questions on acads !!!!!!!
so what Mr Anup Sen said on pg holds true?????????????????

@anupamwillreturn
thanx man for posting your experience...can you please tell me if everyone was asked to summarise/add points or selected few were asked to do so...

No thanx man.. did my duty 😉

Everyone is asked to summarise/air his/her thoughts at the end of the discussion.. so people unable to contribute much in the GD will surely have a chance to have a go!

P.S: I felt people who spoke less/least were asked to summarize first..

-Vengeance ka bhoot!
IIM Chillaxcutta !

P3 : Ok.. Anupam.. thanx a lot.. I would keep your work-ex certificates with me..

Did you take the xerox of the work-ex certis wid you ?
So, anupam bhai has done the muhurat for this thread by giving us the first ever IIMC experience...
....Seeing the questions, I am sure u would have cracked all of them.....But I surely miss the awr v/s ven conversation

Vinz bhai.. Maverick ko bolo Vengeance se ban uthane ko.. and I'll resume my awr/veng conversation.. waise.. this interview was sorta hillarious for the panel and me !
mjhawar Says
Did you take the xerox of the work-ex certis wid you ?

I took my 1st and last pay slips. This should do incase you don't have a proper work-ex certificate.

-Vengeance ka Bhoot!

@anupam... gr8 intv man 😃 ... u sure heading for joka...

hey pls do ans some of my queries.....
since u were the last man in (no 11) u must have for sure known, wht sort of bowling the previous 10 from ur team (panel 2)and previous 10 from other team (panel 1) were facing.... 😃
were work-ex guys asked quesns on Acads? if yes, wht quens....??:
Also, iim C is famous for asking maths problems (integration,derivatives...) .. where any such questions were asked to any other ppl....:wow:

also, how much on general awareness and hardcore economics related questions were asked?

seems like intvs r more on ur personality and not much of the above things.....
all the best for the results...

cheers

@anupam... gr8 intv man 😃 ... u sure heading for joka...

hey pls do ans some of my queries.....
since u were the last man in (no 11) u must have for sure known, wht sort of bowling the previous 10 from ur team (panel 2)and previous 10 from other team (panel 1) were facing.... 😃
were work-ex guys asked quesns on Acads? if yes, wht quens....??:
Also, iim C is famous for asking maths problems (integration,derivatives...) .. where any such questions were asked to any other ppl....:wow:

also, how much on general awareness and hardcore economics related questions were asked?

seems like intvs r more on ur personality and not much of the above things.....
all the best for the results...

cheers

Bingo Scorpio..
Most questions were on your personality. Freshers were asked basics in acads, work-ex questions were asked a lot to guys with work-ex.
Everyone had a chillax interview ... so that makes most of us on level 0 yet again!

AND.. NO quant question so far!

-Vengeance ka bhoot!
I took my 1st and last pay slips. This should do incase you don't have a proper work-ex certificate.

-Vengeance ka Bhoot!

so did they keep ur pay slips with them??

was it done for everyone... or 4 spl ppl like u who r going to Cal

cheers

Venue - IFMR, Chennai
Time - 9 30 am on 13th march
12 people supposedly in the panel, 1 din't turn up. So only 11 junta!! 2 girls in the grp.

GD- pretty peaceful. the topic was "because of the economic boom in the nation, we can now forget about corruption"

I haven't reproduced the topic verbatim but this is what it meant.

GD- since there were 11 ppl and only 12 mins, no one dominated. Everyone spoke. Peaceful GD. I spoke 4 times or so.. Made a couple of decent points. Everyone was asked to summarise.. Basically the grp ran out of points to talk about:)

PI

I was the first bakra to be interviewed.

Three member panel, 2 prof's from IIM Calcutta and one person from Chennai (he told me so..)

Very chilled interview .. About 20 mins or so..

Questions -

1) If you were a student union president, how would u react to all the chaos that occured recently at deemed univs.. (chennai junta might know what I m referring to.. )

Answered this

2) Talked abt the indo - us nuclear deal.. This is where i was slightly stumped. I knew the basic funades.. facts.. but couldn't answer a couple of questions.. Panel was nice.. they kinda helped me.. answered some.. for a couple , i said I donno..

3) Was asked abt my hobbies. what kinda books i read..

answered.. seemed impressed.. joked abt it for a while

4) Now comes the techie part.. Was asked abt the design considerations currently for chip manufacturers..

This i spoke abt for 5 mins.. gave a lot of fundae.. Felt really satisfied..

Thats it.. Majorly this was how the interview went.. each question above was treated for five mins or so..

Came out feeling really good.. very chilled interview

My profile:

Cat - 6 calls (99.81 percentile)
10th - 87%
12th - 95 %
Engg - final yr student (fresher) - 80% till 6 sems..

and yeah, they also asked me how many calls i hv.. :D

thats it
what do u guys think??

IIM Calkata

Date : 13.03.2006
Time : 9:30 am
Venue : IMI, Delhi
Panel : 11

My Profile
B.Tech Aerospace (Final yr) : IITK
%ile : 99.91
All 6 calls

GD topic : Honesty is useful only when necessary
Total Chaos!!! Even fismarkets maintain some sanity. 4-5 guyz speaking at a time with survival of the MBA(Most Buland Awaaz). My timid voice couldn't fight for its master's share of airtime. So no major contri to the discussion. Newayz discussion was dominated by some 3-4 ppl. But everyone was asked to summarize the GD for 1 min. Spoke well there.

Interview :

P1 : A middle aged Prof.
P2 : Again a middle aged Prof
P3 : A third middle aged Prof.

Initially interviews were sooooo long. ppl were grilled for 30-40 mins on an average. When my turn came it was already 1.30 with one more guy after me. Prbably the profs were desparate for lunch and didn't grill me much.

P2 : Manish, are you feeling hungry
Me : (Whatttt. Are you going to offer me lunch??). A little bit Sir.
P1: So Manish, are you working
Me : No sir, I am a final year student at IIT Kanpur.
P1 : Kanpur!!! Why did you go to Kanpur?
Me : Spoke about my early interest in Aerospace Engg., hence the decision to join IITK.
P1 : (Not willing to let go of Kanpur) But Kanpur is a dirty place
Me : Spoke abouty the lack of infra etc. in Kanpur.
P1 : (Pleased) So Manish, What should we ask you
Me : Anything (Blunder, an absolute blunder!! Probably my food deprived mind had stopped working then)
P1 : Hmmm, anything. So tell me what Economics or Finance Journals you read. Or any other management area Journals you read.
Me : (WHAT!!! JOURNALS!!!!!! The kind of things read by guys in IITs having minute resemblance to normal human beings (Read MTechs). Probably the prof meant BT BizWorld etc. But he could've said magazines instead of journals. The word Journal terrifies IIT BTechs)
But newyz I shunned the topic altogether by babbling academic load in IIT blah blah does not leave any time to read Management Journals atleast. (which is technically not true, atleast in Aero final yr, but honesty is useful only when necessary.:) The GD topic!)

Now P2 comes into the picture
P2 : Tell me about your interests.
Me : Writing, reading.
P2 : What was the last thing you wrote
Me : (Some crap on PG. But as the GD topic said honesty is useful only when necessary! Boy I agree to this philosophy even tough I was against it in GD).
Chose to speak about some arbit review of some arbit movie that I'd written on some arbit website. Some discussion on the movie followed. I think I spoke quite well but P1 had different views abt the movie.
P2 : You must also be reading something if you write. What was the last thing you read.
Me : (Everyone's favourite) The Fountainhead
P2 : Come on, everyone says Fountainhead, tell us something interesting you read.
Me : Gave them a number of chioces Monk Ferrari thing, Alchemist, Prophet
P2 : The Prophet. What did you like about the Prophet
Me : Answered ok. A ligh discussion followed. P2 seemed to have similar views as mine.

P2 signals to P3 if he wanted to ask me anything
P3 : So Manish, how comfortable are you with numbers.
Me : (Delighted! Quant!! Yay! My bread and butter in CAT). Quite comfortable Sir
P3: So tell me the remainder when 2^199 is divided by 199.
Me : (Nothing could've been easier than this But me got slightly confused. The abrupt discontinuity from The Prophet to Quant caught me off guard). But eventually answered ok.

So wat do I make out of dis interview?? Do I stand any chance (considering my pathetic GD)? I got this feeling that they were passing time with me
(Lunch Time Manoranjan:( for the profs).Can someone enlighten me on the relative weightage of GD??

come on delhities, give us some feedback. I have heard that its is stress all the way in the interviews in delhi......any info about the panelists, etc would be useful..
and MBHAI could u please mention ur panel no.