IIMC-Delhi Admissions 2009

Hi All, *This thread is meant for all discussions related to the IIMC admissions this year. * *I am an IIMC aspirant and I am sure there are thousands of others preparing for the same. So let’s turn up here and talk about everything th…

Hi All,

This thread is meant for all discussions related to the IIMC admissions this year.

I am an IIMC aspirant and I am sure there are thousands of others preparing for the same. So let's turn up here and talk about everything that has to do with IIMC-Delhi.

dude whts ur date and venue.mine is at delhi too.At Inernational management institute on 28th feb.

I was thinking...folks of same slot can get to know each other and have basic level of interaction in this thread.

Anyone interested....

hiiii....i wanted to know d pattern of exam for advertising ....wat r d ques frequently askd nd frm which areas. other then IIMC which other gud institutes offer advertising course in delhi.....plz do rply..................thanks

same here..wts d pattern of the xam?

pls help out..:-(

same here..wts d pattern of the xam?

pls help out..:-(

Okay guys.
I appeared for the IIMC entrance exam last yr, and although I didn't manage to clear it, I can give you a little idea about the exam.

It is a long-answer type paper. Last yr we had questions like :

Write a movie review as the correspondent of a newspaper for any one of the following movies. (there were options. I chose Taare Zameen Par)

Compare the branding of any two among the following options.. (which do you think is the better managed brand and why? )
a) Shahrukh Khan vs Amitabh Bachchan
b) NDTV vs Aaj Tak
c) IPL vs ICL (etc etc... there were more options)

There was a jumbled-up paragraph too which we had to solve. It was pretty long.

There were 2-3 essay type questions more. Can't remember them at the moment.

So it is a basic paper if you have good writing skills and decent speed. You should work on these things if you want to. Also, most of the essay topics will be related to things that have happened recently. So a general idea about what is happening around you will also help.

Good luck.

is der any site wherein question papers r available? d iimc site provides ony last yr`s QP.

Hi guyz,

i am a lil tense. Actually, i filled in my form n sent it to delhi via post on 4th Apr (the last date was 17th). i haven't yet got any entrance card or anything of that sort from Delhi. Does anybody know if IIMC sends any entrance card for the admission test?

PLease lemme know.

@ Ripa: u can check the iimc entrance blog itz quite informative

hey did u get an entrance exam card or something aftr submitting the admission form???
Okay guys.
I appeared for the IIMC entrance exam last yr, and although I didn't manage to clear it, I can give you a little idea about the exam.

It is a long-answer type paper. Last yr we had questions like :

Write a movie review as the correspondent of a newspaper for any one of the following movies. (there were options. I chose Taare Zameen Par)

Compare the branding of any two among the following options.. (which do you think is the better managed brand and why? )
a) Shahrukh Khan vs Amitabh Bachchan
b) NDTV vs Aaj Tak
c) IPL vs ICL (etc etc... there were more options)

There was a jumbled-up paragraph too which we had to solve. It was pretty long.

There were 2-3 essay type questions more. Can't remember them at the moment.

So it is a basic paper if you have good writing skills and decent speed. You should work on these things if you want to. Also, most of the essay topics will be related to things that have happened recently. So a general idea about what is happening around you will also help.

Good luck.
ripa Says
is der any site wherein question papers r available? d iimc site provides ony last yr`s QP.

u can check iimcnewdelhi.blogspot.com there u can get some ques papers ....

Hi guyz,

i am a lil tense. Actually, i filled in my form n sent it to delhi via post on 4th Apr (the last date was 17th). i haven't yet got any entrance card or anything of that sort from Delhi. Does anybody know if IIMC sends any entrance card for the admission test?

PLease lemme know.

yes iimc provides us admit card , i asked my frnd she told last yr it came a week before exam so mite be dis yr it ll be same .....so have patience nd wait for a while....bt if u get it den plz do inform us.

chill mate, they will Start distributing from this monday...u will get it by the 15th...however u can contact the guy in charge...his name iS Chawla Sir...his no...09818005590

d site is indeed very helpfull..thanks !!! i missed d forms for dis yrs enrollment :(..will prepare for d next yr..

Got it finally!!!

Hi guyz, I recvd my admit card yesterday, preparing for the d day now!!!

wat r u preparing??????

hi guys,

i m also givng iimc entrance for AD & PR........ havnt prepard a bit.......

well ma centre is also in del.......

tulika:p

how was it guys??? ne idea how many ppl gave this test?

seniors/puys...any idea for 2010 batch admissions?? plz share if any1 has any update??

are the admission forms out? any updates? plz help!
shivanidesai Says
are the admission forms out? any updates? plz help!

It will be out in the month of Feb. chk d iimc website for more details.