IIMB with a GMAT score

I had a few questions about admissions to IIMB based on a GMAT score: 1. Is there a fixed quota or something for NRI students who apply based on a GMAT score? 2. What criteria is used when comparing GMAT score with CAT scores? Or are the …

I had a few questions about admissions to IIMB based on a GMAT score:

1. Is there a fixed quota or something for NRI students who apply based on a GMAT score?
2. What criteria is used when comparing GMAT score with CAT scores? Or are the two admission processes independent of each other?
3. What is a good GMAT score to be able to get in?

Any other information about this route will be appreciated. Has anyone on these forums taken this route, either this year or in the past?

I have applied to IIMB this year with a GMAT score of 720. I am not able to judge if I will be offered an admission or not, because I can't find anyone else who has taken this route.

Thanks!
Kapil :smile:

Hey!!

Are u the Kapil Apshankar from CTS??. If you remember, I was in pune along with u!

Anyways, 720 is a gr8 score...but a call depends upon the applicant pool. No fixed quotas and admissions are pretty much independent of the normal CAT route. Last year, a friend of mine had 680 and got calls from LIK, and is currently at IIMK along with me.

AFAIK, GMAT calls are few and far between..each IIM takes only a few gmat applicants in every year (if any!). Did u get a PI call from IIMB yet?? GMAT applicants are interviewed seperately and have to pay a higher fee. With gr8 workex, once u have the call im sure converting it shd be a cinch!

All the best, let us know wat happens.

raul

Oh yes, you placed me right. I do remember that we worked together.
Thanks for the information. IIMB does not have a PI for GMAT applicants, so it's going to be a long wait. Nevertheless, I do have a couple of options open in the US, so am in a pretty good shape. I'll keep you posted on what happens.

BTW - when are the final calls to IIM expected?

Thanks!
Kapil

:)

hi kapil
cud u give me more info regarding the admission procedure for IIMB through GMAT...it seems to be easier way of getting there....as u wud be skipping one step PI....
what bout GD ? do u have that...if so will u b having GD with people who have given GMAT...
thanking u in advance........

cheers
Munnabhai
------------------------------------------
PS: Mamu Tension nahin lene ka

me 2 interested in knowing all about iimb thru gmat..

so do post some relevant and comprehensive info mate..

This may be of some help ...

http://www.iimb.ernet.in/html/m-frames.jsp?ilink=22&pname;=pgp-overview.htm

In the left panel, click "Admissions" --> "Overseas"

Cheers!

This may be of some help ...

http://www.iimb.ernet.in/html/m-frames.jsp?ilink=22&pname;=pgp-overview.htm

In the left panel, click "Admissions" --> "Overseas"

Cheers!

thanks 4 d help and concern dude... though i have already seen it..
quite murky info it gives on some issues.. so need clarifications..
any seniors wud help??

hey kapil, have you heard from the IIM's about your application ?
Any further info. on this admission channel ??

Any news on hw to get in IIMB though GMAT? Tks

elise

Other post
Survey
Blog

This thread is a duplicate. There is already one running where some chap whose got the final admit through GMAT has posted. YOu can post your queries there.