IIMB : Summers 2005

This is the official web release of IIMB’s summer placements (for the Batch of 2004), which concluded on Saturday. Overview IIMBs Summer Placements this year broke all records, wrapping up in less than three days flat with forty-one lucrati…

This is the official web release of IIMB's summer placements (for the Batch of 2004), which concluded on Saturday.

Overview
IIMBs Summer Placements this year broke all records, wrapping up in less than three days flat with forty-one lucrative foreign offers to its batch of 187 students. It is the fastest ever process at the IIMs and at any Indian b-school with a batch of comparable size.

Investment Banks from abroad, multinationals and the best Indian corporates came, saw and picked up like never before.

Snapshot
Total no. of companies scheduled for Summer Placements: 120
Total no. of recruiting companies: 74
No. of students in the batch: 187
Total no. of offers: 255
Total no. of acceptances: 183
Total no. of international offers: 41, twice the number last year
Number of slots: 3

Slot Zero
Locations of Foreign Offers : New York, Tokyo, Hong Kong, London, Singapore

Sectors: Mainly Investment Banking
No. of Slot Zero international offers: 41

Companies and no. of offers by them: Goldman Sachs Lehman Brothers New York Lehman Brothers Asia, for Tokyo and Hong Kong , HSBC London , Deutsche Bank , Barclays Capital , JP Morgan Securities London, Deutsche post Worldwide, Barclays Capital and Technofast Consulting , ICICI Bank International banking

This is possibly the highest % of a single batch going abroad for summers in any B-School this year. Speaks a lot about the calibre of this year's batch in IIMB

Last years Slot Zero recruitment: 9 offers last time from 3 companies.

Slot One
Sectors: All streams, including Consulting

Companies: IBM (1, ICICI (16), Hindustan Lever (10), Cognizant (9), Times Group (9), Tata Admistrative Services (7), Citibank (6), ICICI Prudential (6), Procter & Gamble (5)
Among the new companies on slot one were KPMG, Accenture Consulting, Ernst & Young and PricewaterhouseCoopers. 13 consulting offers were made during Slot One. International recruiters on day one were National Kidney Foundation Singapore, Procter & Gamble Singapore and Olam International.

BTW Some of the summer locations for the PG Junta

Me : ICICI Bank
Garuda: Brittania
Nikhil : HLL
Guhan : Standard Chartered
Rajeev : Castrol
Shweta : TAS
Balaji : Continuum Solutions
Konark : BNP Paribas

Sorry if i left out someone .........

whooooooooooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
way to go man!!!!!!
all the best to all pg juntas....
any pg junta any PWC????
Sandy

Aaaah! Summers is finally over:D Words cannot describe the agony of filling up arbit company forms and attending boring PPTs. Thankfully the effort did pay off in the end This year's summers was quite a success with the process getting wrapped up in double quick time. All students were placed by the first half of Day 3....and I mean ALL...no exaggeration......not a single one was left. In fact only 25 students were left unplaced at the end of Day 2!!!!

The highest stipend offered was US $7000 pm by Lehman Brothers, New York office. The highest Indian stipend is Rs 75,000 pm offered by Barclays, Mumbai. Our Placement Committee rocks....they managed to get something like 5 new bulge bracket Investment Banks for summers. As anybody will attest that is a huge number. They are:
Goldman Sachs (London & NY offices)
Lehman Brothers (NY & HK offices)
JP Morgan Securities (London)
Barclays Capital (London, Singapore and Mumbai offices)
London is going to rock this Summer....what with 18 IIMBians going there

I am placed in Standard Chartered Bank. Not a bad package....20k pm stipend plus accomodation. Apparently StanC is the most 'Geela' pvt bank...it's going to be a real hot Indian summer

What makes this Summers particularly satisying for us is not the Day zero placements but the fact that the entire batch has been placed. There was not a hint of snobbishness from the junta who got Day 0 offers. They stayed on and supported us through the rest of the process. The camarederie shown was unbelievable!!!!! There was not a single party in the Hostels till the entire batch was placed!!!! I think this fact speaks more about our batch than statistics like the number of foreign offers

Megha Chawla got Goldman Sachs, London
Mohit Singh got IBM
I think Balaji got Bank of America.....not Continuum Solutions
Aaaah! Summers is finally over:D Words cannot describe the agony of filling up arbit company forms and attending boring PPTs. Thankfully the effort did pay off in the end This year's summers was quite a success with the process getting wrapped up in double quick time. All students were placed by the first half of Day 3....and I mean ALL...no exaggeration......not a single one was left. In fact only 25 students were left unplaced at the end of Day 2!!!!

The highest stipend offered was US $7000 pm by Lehman Brothers, New York office. The highest Indian stipend is Rs 75,000 pm offered by Barclays, Mumbai. Our Placement Committee rocks....they managed to get something like 5 new bulge bracket Investment Banks for summers. As anybody will attest that is a huge number. They are:
Goldman Sachs (London & NY offices)
Lehman Brothers (NY & HK offices)
JP Morgan Securities (London)
Barclays Capital (London, Singapore and Mumbai offices)
London is going to rock this Summer....what with 18 IIMBians going there

I am placed in Standard Chartered Bank. Not a bad package....20k pm stipend plus accomodation. Apparently StanC is the most 'Geela' pvt bank...it's going to be a real hot Indian summer

What makes this Summers particularly satisying for us is not the Day zero placements but the fact that the entire batch has been placed. There was not a hint of snobbishness from the junta who got Day 0 offers. They stayed on and supported us through the rest of the process. The camarederie shown was unbelievable!!!!! There was not a single party in the Hostels till the entire batch was placed!!!! I think this fact speaks more about our batch than statistics like the number of foreign offers

Great placements mate.Congrats to ye all.And yes.The batch camaraderie counts.It is an experience one needs to go through to understand what it is all about :)
cheers
prad

So does that mean we won't see all your posts here.... :(

are we loosing you...sobbing

Where did Aadisht Khanna get placed? And what about the 2 100th %ilers in your batch?

Hey everyone,
Wanted to post about our summers long ago but was waiting for clearance from our placement committee. Finally the end of a very gruelling 3 day session! As guhan said, filling those forms and attending the ppts were such a pain! and now we r all kinda relieved that its over.
Well, everyones happy that they all got a job but in my opinion it was a pain going thru the process. At the end of every slot when they announce the names of students who have been selected, its very painful for those who are not selected and have to stay on for another day. Seen lots of people very disappointed and some of em broke down too. While in the process, just about everybody are disappointed/depressed/frustrated/sleepy/hungry/tired/ etc.. But at the end of the day, everybody gets a job and everyone is happy :-P And yes, the students who have already been placed, seniors, all of em hang around the placement area, making sure that everybody is ok and keep trying to boost the students morale. Cheers for that, as that is always more important in a placement process than the companies which come to a college.
One thing i learnt is, the iim student does not have to worry about getting a job or not...its only the wait that is really painful!
And coming to me, got placed in Britannia ( remember kunal rana,member of pg?). Had to ditch some higher paying companies for this as i was interested in a marketing job ( n hope i made a good choice!). Thats all from here, hope all my friends in other colleges also had a good placement season and looking to bump into some of u during the summers :)

Regards,
Sanjeev Garuda

(PS- Add Jacob to the list, i think he got into HSBC London...)

Great work guys... kool placements!!

BTW - who's taken Ranbaxy???

Prateek

AMAZING!!!!!!!!
shrikanthk @ 25th November 2004, 3:58 pm Says
Where did Aadisht Khanna get placed? And what about the 2 100th %ilers in your batch?

Aadisht Khanna is placed in Bank of America

The two 100% guys are Karthik and Amit Gandhi
Karthik cracked quite a few....he is placed in JP Morgan Securities London
Amit Gandhi is placed in HSBC London.....I think in the Investment Banking division
BTW Some of the summer locations for the PG Junta

Mihir, you forgot me! I got in Cadbury! 😃

shrikanthk @ Thu Nov 25, 2004 3:58 pm Says

I think Aadisht got Bank of America (not too sure of this though).

The 2 100% guys were both in Day Zero and got JP Morgan London (Karthik) and HSBC London (Amit Gandhi).

does anybody have any info about the fms summers

i think i'd like to reiterate what garuda has said about everyone here getting placed as long as you wait long enough -that's a cool thing.

And the wait, trust me, is excruciating :shock:.People all over the place get placed and you start wondering what's wrong with your resume and stuff like that (believe me, i got thru to a day 2, so i know) - but at the end of the day, its important to realise that everyone has a particular profile that fits with a certain company.

And again like Garuda said, its not uncommon to find people who have chucked more lucrative offers just so they could do what they want.

Me in person, I'm in Castrol - not huge payers - but since i want to do marketing, and i believe (hope !!!) that I can get FMCG companies with my resume anyways, Castrol is a good bet (hoping i'll learn something different there 😃 !)

---------
r.

Great :)

Congos everybody

-Akshat

its indeed marvellous placement!!!!!! atb to u guys...

Oui folks..

Awesome placements doods. Hope to bump in some of you during the 2 months.

~Chandoo~

Guys,

just out of curiosity...............did karthik`s and Amit`s CAT percentile have any bearing on their placements??????....i mean both of em seem to have got placed in slot zero and that too abroad!!!

Anish