IIMB results may be delayed !!!!!!

Saw this on Rediff , IIM-B Society to decide on fee cut R Raghavendra & Joydeep Ray | April 13, 2004 07:52 IST The chairman of the Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore, S M Dutta, has left the decision on the fee cut issue t…

Saw this on Rediff ,

IIM-B Society to decide on fee cut

R Raghavendra & Joydeep Ray | April 13, 2004 07:52 IST

The chairman of the Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore, S M Dutta, has left the decision on the fee cut issue to the discretion of the IIM-B Society.

Dutta is also the chairman of the society, which will now meet in early May to resolve on the matter. A 15-day notice period is required to call a meeting of the society.

However, Prakash Apte, director of IIM-Bangalore, told Business Standard the institute's board had not agreed to the ministry's fee cut order.

"We have not agreed to the fee cut order issued by the human resources development ministry on February 5," Apte said.

When told HRD Minister Murli Manohar Joshi, during his two-day election campaign in Gujarat, had been insisting that five out of the six IIMs, including IIM-Bangalore, had agreed to the order, Apte said, "It is wrong and I think the minister is being misinformed. I do not know who is doing it and for what reason."

Apte also said the meeting of the IIM-Bangalore Society would be called soon and a resolution would be passed to clarify the stand of the institute.

The decision will come before this year's batch of students for the post-graduate programme can be sent their admission letters. The institute will have to mention details of the fees to be paid in the admission letters.

The IIM-B seems to be quick on the uptake and does not want a situation like IIM-Calcutta, where chairman YC Deveshwar unilaterally agreed to the fee cut, much to the disappointment of the school's faculty and other board members. The IIM-Bangalore Society is a larger body compared with the board. While all members of the society need not be members of the board, the members of the board are members of the society.

The board comprises 25 people, while the society has an additional 6.

According to an IIM-B source, Dutta felt that since there are many sides of arguments linked with the issue of fee cut, it is best addressed by the Society as it comprises more people.

Hi Junta,
can anyone of you tell me by what date the final results of IIML will be out?

Thanks
Rajiv

What about those who have paid up for XL and other institutes

Bad deal for you and good one for XLRI..
now they may get a lot of people who would have otherwise got admission to one of the IIMs

results will b out by the end of this month and i don't c ne reason 4 delay

i heard frm an iimb passout the the call letters shud reach the lucky ones by 7th may!!!!

hi...
continuing on the discussion ..i agree with the other guys like mauyurchn...
that their is no plausible reason for a delay ..sessions wouldnt be delayed .....because of the current imbroglio ......cuz it would be another
dent in the credibility and image of the iims .......and i'm sure ..at this point of time the iims would surely want a very sacrosanct image .................

the results would be out by this month end or at most ...1st week may ....some iim guys i talked to are even more positive and say results should definitelty be out by ..last week april ....

the most positive estimate heard was from a guy who said that b would be out by today yes ..18th itself ..but there r no signs of it comin till now .....
so all we can do is wait ..and wait ..and wait .......for me its a double agony ...cuz i have a waitlist 30 in xl too ......so its really making me

and after the NM fiasco inspite of 132 score didnt get thru ...i dunno why they gave me a low score in pi ....anyway never was intrested in going to a place with so much reservations .........got better calls in hand ..but hope i get thru...

so thats it just keep ur fingers crossed ...and bhagwan tumhe paar lagayega ... 😁

still any ...gossip...about results is invited ..cuz it makes this boring life a bit more intresting ..

chao
tripat
tripat

The fact that most of the articles on the fee cut regarding IIMA have mentioned that A will be sending out letters with the fee structure of 1.58L ( they will keep 30K in their a/c while 1.28L in another bank) gives an indication that the results will not be delayed.

L,I,K will be sending letters with 30K as fees

Piyush

hi guys! rang up the admissions office at B. They said it ll be out by first week may.

well, called up some friends in the city bangalore and not iim b... the general rumour going there is that iimb will come out with the results on 6 th may...
sulabh

First week of May!!!!!!!!!

Then I may end up losing some money I paid to XL

Afsos!!

By the way Has Calcutta officially cut the fees?
When will IIM-C results be out
Hope the Calcutta babus don't live up 2 their usual reputation

Anyone knows when the A results will be out?
and anyone knows how many people who have a call from only A get throough usually?

Hi All,

Yesterday I got a "cryptic" mail from IIMB asking me to fax all my documents from the 10th till my degree immediately. I did that today but I'm totally at a loss to understand the relevance of this exercise........... need enlightenment.....ne enlightened persons arnd????????????

the actual text of the letter was:

To: xyz
Subject:
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 11:34:23 +0530

PL FAX COPIES OF YOUR MARKS SHEETS FROM 10TH TO DEGREE IMMEDIATELY.
OUR FAX NOS

26589973 / 26584050

INCHARGE ADMISIONS

Hi Aurnav...

Buddy i guess u r thru.. 😛 Thats why IIM B is asking for ur Markshests etc.
BTW did u send them earlier alongwith application form.

better call them to solve mystery.

Hi All,

Yesterday I got a "cryptic" mail from IIMB asking me to fax all my documents from the 10th till my degree immediately. I did that today but I'm totally at a loss to understand the relevance of this exercise........... need enlightenment.....ne enlightened persons arnd????????????

the actual text of the letter was:

To: xyz
Subject:
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 11:34:23 +0530

PL FAX COPIES OF YOUR MARKS SHEETS FROM 10TH TO DEGREE IMMEDIATELY.
OUR FAX NOS

26589973 / 26584050

INCHARGE ADMISIONS

Sign of good news ? ..... lets hope so :)

Mihir

Hi AURNAV

What was ur percentile and how were ur GD/PI.

It really is a sign of results coming.......

hey guys,
me too got a similar mail

VINAY,

PL SENT US COPIES OF YOUR DEGREE MARKS.

INCHARGE ADMISSIONS

but that was more than a week ago.

i dint submit it along with my application form.

Iam not reading much into it though...

Regd
Mike

well that cryptic letter is a positive sign for sure

CONGRATS people

hope i get sum good news too.

gaurav