IIMB PGSEM 2007 Interview Calls

Got a mail. Interview is on 14th April 2 - 3 30 pm. 1.5 hours interview:wow:

Got a mail. Interview is on 14th April 2 - 3 30 pm.
1.5 hours interview:wow:

I too got call... 15th April at Chennai.... got a mail just now

Hi
i too got a call. iimb 14th april 2007; 11.15 - 12.45 PM.
I wonder how many calls have they given.
Any seniors out here for our queries???

Guys.. please give a brief round of intro

moi working in an MNC for past 32 months
applied via cat 96 %ile
Applied for bangalore.

FYI...
Last years application survey
and
Approval letter 2007

Any one knows what kind of interviews can we expect. and also why 1.5 hours for an interview!!

I too got a call.

12th April, IIM-B.

It will be good if others can post their profile too. I am with Infosys in Hyd for the last two years and 9 months.

And for the inintiated there is a Y! group too by the name of PGSEMInfo.

I have been selected for interview on 14th April.

1.5 hour interview seems to be a very extensive interview. To help us with this I have begun mailing some of the current students. I am awaiting their response. I would recommend the short listed candidates to pick up email ids at random from the PGSEM link and mail the current students for f/b.

Please also share the responses to help candidates for the interview.

Thanks

I dont really think it is a one and a hour interview..I too have been shortlisted for April 13, 2 - 3.30 PM interview slot.. They have given the same slot to many people..

I applied using CAT score - 98.08 . Working in oracle b'lore .

anyone from oracle here ?

Ajith

Hi,

Do anyone have an idea regarding :
1. Last year's interview pattern
2. What would be the ratio between 'no of people shortlisted for interview' and 'total no of seats' (which I guess is 150).

Thanks in advance,

regards,
Shibin

hi,

i too have got a call for interview on 12th april at chennai...

would be grateful if somebody tell us abt
what kind of expectations will be from the candidates..
which location would be preferable i.e.chennai or bangalore..

thanks,
veera

howdy

i got a call for april 12th.. 9:30 to 11.

am working for motorola.. have a work ex of ~ 5yrs...

ideas for preparation?

guys lets refresh this thread
how is everyone preparing ?

Had my interview today afternoon.. Details posted at

ajith's world: My PGSEM interview @IIMB.

Was a kind of cocktail with topics ranging from why MBA stuff to Turkish history and literature ..( Yeah..u read that right :satisfie: )

Ajith

Hi All,

I got PGSEM admit and now I am in a diemma.

I talked to few PGSEM students and alumni in my company . i got mixed response on the possibility of role change after PGSEM in my company.

Can anybody tell how is the situation in other companies, specially parterner companies like Wipro, Infy, Accenture etc.
Do they have a policy for role change or role expansion for the employees completing PGSEM?

Also, is it possible to switch to another comapny in a MBA like position?

People from parterner companies please help here.....because I feel that atleast partner comapnies should recognize the program and offer MBA like role to ppl who have done it.

Your help is critical for my decision.

Thanks in advance......

I'm from an ex-partner company ( Oracle -- we havnt yet renewed the MOU with IIMB over PGSEM ..) ..People who have done PGSEM or are currently doing PGSEM have had good role changes , however there is no process or any guarantee that u'll get a role change here..thats upto the person to find out and explore..

What I generally feel is,it might be tough for us to get a first break be it any company..but then, after that IIMB brand should help .

Ajith

Hi All,

I got PGSEM admit and now I am in a diemma.

I talked to few PGSEM students and alumni in my company . i got mixed response on the possibility of role change after PGSEM in my company.

Can anybody tell how is the situation in other companies, specially parterner companies like Wipro, Infy, Accenture etc.
Do they have a policy for role change or role expansion for the employees completing PGSEM?

Also, is it possible to switch to another comapny in a MBA like position?

People from parterner companies please help here.....because I feel that atleast partner comapnies should recognize the program and offer MBA like role to ppl who have done it.

Your help is critical for my decision.

Thanks in advance......

Thank You Ajith.....

Can anybody from Wipro, Infy, Accenture, motorola and other partener companies give their input on this.....

Their inputs would be valuable for everybody in the group....

Thanks in advance...

Hello

Me working in Wipro, going for this course for the following reasons:

a) I am already in Presales role and am not looking at a drastic role change post the course..in my opinion..... if you have the talent then it is very simple to switch from tech to business even wihtout the mba like i did last year. The foundation that u will gain at IIM B will get only help u get there with/wihout ur present company .
b) such kind of profs and curriculum you will not get anywhere else for sure
c) most of the 1st year students i have spoken to are happy with their decision but worry about the rigour of the course and that shud be our only cause of worry whether we r gng to be a ble to handle it with work or not
d) just to play devils advocate even if the three points do not work wat are the other colleges u might place above this course?????/ I have a JB GD PI this coming monday and i may nt even appear for it ...simply because i consider this course far better..then agian which colleges will u place above this course IIM A/B/C Full time ??? thats all i guess??? Are u ready to wait for another year appear for CAT and the u never knw whether u will get the call even after that .....

simple this is my thought process , i hope it helps...

Regards
Kavz

pm me ur num
i shall call u right away deepti

Well ..kind of similar reasons from my side too..

1)I'm looking for a role change, but nothing drastic like switching to i-banking or anything like that.. And I know people who have done role changes into business analysts or more functionally oriented roles during / after this course..

2) I have almost 3yrs of workexp now.. Even if I repeat CAT and get into I/K/L next time, it might not be beneficial in the long run considering that I'm not looking for a drastic change in stream..

3) By the time I finish the course , I'll be having 5+ yrs experience in Oracle plus an IIMB degree .. Even though it is part time, I have a feeling that it might help me better than MBA from non-IIM institutes.:satisfie:

4) Courses, professors, facilities etc are almost same as PGP..Only thing lacking is placements..But I feel I can market myself.

5)This thought about repeating CAT..I did think about that a bit..But then,its too unpredictable.. Except A,C all other IIMs giv out calls based on lot of criteria other than CAT-score.. I know a guy who got B,L calls with overall percentile, sectional percentiles, 10th , 12th , workexp less than me...except for the B-tech score :neutral::neutral::neutral:.. Specifically, IIMB has given lot of weightage to B-tech score( mine is just 74 % ) .. Unless I score something like 99.9 and all , IIMB PGP is out of my bounds... So, even if I write again,it'll be like fighting for the 400 odd seats at IIMA and IIMC combined..

6) I feel I've missed out on lots of life by running behind CAT over the last 2-3 years.. Enough of that..:neutral:

7)I like the current project that I'm working on..( Though I dont do much ) .. Its something offering great opportunities

Last but not the least,I'll be having salary here during the course

---- Letme repeat what I put in an earlier post..We might find it difficult to get our 'first break'.. but then, atleast in the long run,IIMB brand should help..

Ajith

Hello

Me working in Wipro, going for this course for the following reasons:

a) I am already in Presales role and am not looking at a drastic role change post the course..in my opinion..... if you have the talent then it is very simple to switch from tech to business even wihtout the mba like i did last year. The foundation that u will gain at IIM B will get only help u get there with/wihout ur present company .
b) such kind of profs and curriculum you will not get anywhere else for sure
c) most of the 1st year students i have spoken to are happy with their decision but worry about the rigour of the course and that shud be our only cause of worry whether we r gng to be a ble to handle it with work or not
d) just to play devils advocate even if the three points do not work wat are the other colleges u might place above this course?????/ I have a JB GD PI this coming monday and i may nt even appear for it ...simply because i consider this course far better..then agian which colleges will u place above this course IIM A/B/C Full time ??? thats all i guess??? Are u ready to wait for another year appear for CAT and the u never knw whether u will get the call even after that .....

simple this is my thought process , i hope it helps...

Regards
Kavz