IIMB PGP 2009 Batch - Queries and discussions

Hi everyone, We at IIM Bangalore extend a warm welcome to the juniors to IIM B - The place to Be! Please post in your profiles (Name, Undergrad degree & branch, Work-ex & Location) here so that we can get to know u better. We would be …

Hi everyone,

We at IIM Bangalore extend a warm welcome to the juniors to IIM B - The place to Be!

Please post in your profiles (Name, Undergrad degree & branch, Work-ex & Location) here so that we can get to know u better. We would be happy to answer any queries you have regarding the joining procedures and any other query you might have.

However we would not be answering questions that might require comparing with any other B-School.

Please keep discussion regarding results to the results thread - http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/iimb-2k7-2k9-results-25022837

We'll soon send you invites for the yahoogroup that will be created.

On behalf of
Puys@B
Bobby John, PGP 2k8, IIMB

Meanwhile, u can go thro this thread to get a feel of how life's gonna be for the next 2 years... http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/lifeiimb-25001156

Hi All

first the info part:
name: sourav
calls:BLACKI
GD/PI: BLACK
convert:BLCK
location:currently mumbai, lived over 1.5 years in bangalore prior to it
undergrad: BTech@IIT Guwahati@Electronics n communication engn
work ex: 19 months @ Philips Semiconductors @ Bangalore
3 months @ Deutsche Bank @ Mumbai

Queries for seniors ??:
1) first the obvious one: B 0r C -> what factors to take into account??
2) I have to persue finance....I have some experience as my current profile is of senior analyst..so keeping tht in mind please suggest -> B or C

thnks...:)

Let me kick off the introductions here 😃
Vineet Thodge
B.Tech Civil Engineering, IIT-Bombay
Presently working at Global Analytics, Chennai as Business Analyst for the past 10 months...
Looking forward to coming to the most rocking place....

Anand Gautam
Advice needed:
How to decide between B and C, please help 😃

Profile:
X: 93.3% (ICSE)
XII: 81.6% (CBSE)
B.E: 9.07/10 --> IIT Bombay, Chemical Engineering 2005 batch

Work Ex:
15 months with ZS Associates, Pune
7 months with Morgan Stanley Capital International, Mumbai

Call Status: BLACKI

Converts: L I C B
Waitlist: K (13)

Reject: A

Are waitlisted candidates welcome here ? :neutral:

There's hardly any difference between B & C... u'll get 99% the same opportunities at both the places.. u'll have to weigh a lot of other options... location, climate, proximity to city, etc.

In my case if i had a B & C call, i would choose B solely because its much closer to my hometown... i wouldn't want to spend 10k every break flying up and down... but then that's me.

B has an awesome lush green campus and not as far away from the heart of the city as C! No lakes though 😞 !

Avisesh Says
Are waitlisted candidates welcome here ? :neutral:

Of course... u are welcome!

hi all....congo to all those who made it..

name:PRASOON AGRAWAL
calls: BLACKI
convert: BCLIK
comp sc engg,MNNIT Allahabad.
fresher..
home town: LUCKNOW

Direct copy paste off the other thread before mayhem starts :D

Congrats to all fachchas :smile: We'll be seeing you at the Queen B.

And yes, a note to everyone who is going to bring up A vs B and B vs. C and all that: You land up where you have to be. The seniors here are very different people to you. Take your decisions on your own, but do NOT spend too much time discussing and thinking.

Believe me, IIMs A B and C are nearly the same as far as take aways are concerned. Yes, the campus life is very different and overall the stress levels are the same over two years though distribution might vary ;-)

Anyways, what I am saying is: it might be more useful for you to think about not what you want to take away from here, but what you want to DO here. It might be some silly trivial reason that makes you pick one over the other, but it's valid none the same.

And TRUST me, whichever IIM you go to, you'll love it and it will become home in less than 3 months. You can always find a niche here for yourself, or you will CREATE one. But more importantly, you'll feel like defending the name of your Bschool before the world. (This is for you, Bobby, good job)

And most importantly, pick with the care that you should never look back and think, "Did I make a wrong choice?"

Once again, congrats to the entire batch of IIMx 2007-09. We'll be seeing you in June :smile: And to everyone who is waitlisted, chins up. All sorts of things happen. That is why we love India ;-)

All the best.

Dear puys,

I have not got thru PGP but PGSEM programme at IIM-Bangalore whose results were declared a couple of days back .

With close to 7 yrs work ex & blissfully married I was primarily aiming for PGSEM for which I had applied thru my CAT 2006 score (98.22%. No PGP calls from any IIMs).

It was a long cherished dream come true for me pursuing PG from an IIM-B (and posting this mail in IIM-B results thread with my new avatar 😃 ) and for making this possible I would like to thank all PG folks and in particular puys like Aarav, Baby, nagi_nov, amar_kashyap, crazyfootballer, dhruv, warrior, amitnsitian (and many more) who have been of immense help in get over fear of quant. I used to frequently visit the Quant a day thread started last year and learnt a lot.

A BIGGG THANKS to you all once again !!!

Here goes my profile....

Name - Gautham

Born and brought up in Bangalore. In other words 100% Bangalorean 😃

Degree - B.E in Electronics and Communication from M.S.Ramaiah, Bangalore

Work ex - 20 months in TCS as a software developer

12 months in Fidelity Investments as a software developer

Calls - B,I

Converts - B,I

Hi Guys,

Congrats to all of you.

Myself : 4 years work ex with Oracle. BITS Pilani Computer Science batch of 2003.

Got call only from B. Converted it. Looking forward to meeting you all...

Cheers
cb

I have been waitlisted at 57. Wot r my chances of getting through?

hello to all

am a Bangalore boy.

professional : schooling in NPS, engineering from PESIT, worked in Infosys (13 months) and CDC Software (6 months).

personal : total footer fan. collect movies and music. luv comp games.

glad to B in B....:D

thanks to all seniors for the initiative.

Hi Guys,

Congrats to all of you.

Myself : 4 years work ex with Oracle. BITS Pilani Computer Science batch of 2003.

Got call only from B. Converted it. Looking forward to meeting you all...

Cheers
cb

dei..spend ur time usefully in GLIM in the mean time.

I also have 4 yrs work-ex with Oracle.
Converts from B and K . No prizes for guessing my preference

Hey folks
I got interview calls from B and L ... converted both. So obviously going for B. I studied mathematics in I.S.I. Bangalore and it has to be my favorite city despite being a Chennai boy born and raised. No work ex....I'm fresh out of college, and looking forward to the next two years now.
Matt

My intro:

Name: Arvind Sharma
Edu: B.E Mech from BIT through SCRA scheme
Currently: IES officer in the Ministry of Rlys
Call: B,L
Converts: B

Was selected for IIMCal in 2006 but could not get leave from the Department

Probably one of the rare guys to have seen bot IIMC and B from close quarters!!!

Hi all,

This is Anshul from NSIT, Delhi.
Got calls from BCLIK and sure enough am confused between B and C:neutral:

Any suggestions r most welcome!!