IIMB EPGP V Aspirants, Class of 2013-14

Hello Friends, I am starting this thread for discussion on the admission / interview process for EPGP V (Class of 2013-2014) . Please carry out any discussion regarding the same in this thread. Regards, Rajdeep

Hello Friends,

I am starting this thread for discussion on the admission / interview process for EPGP V (Class of 2013-2014) . Please carry out any discussion regarding the same in this thread.

Regards,
Rajdeep

please delete the post... wrongly posted

Hi Rajdeep,

I have 6 yrs and 11 months exp plus a Masters degree. My queries are as follows:

1. Would adcom consider my application given the 7yrs min work exp requirement ?

2. I heard that this yr the work exp. requirement might be relaxed to 5 yrs instead of 7 yrs. Could you confirm this?

thanks in advance
ram

Hello All,

We are part of EPGP batch 4 and would like to assist all those who are aspiring to get into IIM-B EPGP batch 5. Feel free to post your queries and we would do our best attempt to clarify all your questions...

Guess someone have already started this thread for 2013 intake batch and hence continuing with the same to avoid confusion.

regards,
EPGP@IIMB

Hi EPGP@IIMB,

Repeating my query.

I have 6 yrs and 11 months exp plus a Masters degree. My queries are as follows:

1. Would adcom consider my application given the 7yrs min work exp requirement ?

2. I heard that this yr the work exp. requirement might be relaxed to 5 yrs instead of 7 yrs. Could you confirm this?

thanks in advance
ram

Hi EPGP@IIMB,

Repeating my query.

thanks in advance
ram

Hi ,
Could you please answer this query. I am also in a situation like this.

thanks in Advance!!

@ram, @mayank_mink, I will check with the adcom on the work exp relaxation part and will get back at the earliest. As far as our batch was concerned adcom was particular about min 7 years of work exp.

regards,
EPGP@IIMB

Hi All,

I would like to know about the placement scenario at IIMB for EPGP.

How do candidates with over 9 yrs of IT experience fare?

@radhika5481, EPGP have had quite a few people with 9 years of IT experience who have got placed in very good places in the past...
IIM-B's confidentiality policy do not allows us to share specific information about role/salary etc where people were placed, however, you can find a snap shot of past years placement performance in the below link.

Placements | Indian Institute of Management Bangalore

regards,
EPGP@IIMB

i have 8 years of IT experience. what is minimum score to get into EPGP? i am planning to take both GMAT and CAT this year. what is the minimum score in GMAT and CAT to get into EPGP.

@mamathak, There are no pre-defined minimum scores for getting into EPGP...having said that EPGP adcom have called people with 600+ scores in the past for interview and subsequent selection process...Selection is done through a combination of GMAT + work exp background + difference you can bring to the table etc. So aim for a competitive GMAT score which will aid your admit.

and EPGP intake is through GMAT.. your CAT scores will not be of any use.

regards,
EPGP@IIMB

@ EPGP@IIMB: I am an Indian female and will be having 5 years 9 months of work experience by March 2013.
My GMAT score is 710 (Q50 V35)

Acads:
Xth : 89%
XII : 95.1%
B.Tech: 89% (Gold medalist for all the affiliated colleges (around 200 colleges) in JNTU)

WE: 5.9 Years (by March 2013) of work experience in IT sector in various technical as well as managerial roles including vendor management. Received various awards during professional life as well.

EC: minimal

Can you please let me know if its worth applying for EPGP @ IIMB with this experience.

Also, i find that the number of female candidates to be very less. Is it because the number of female candidates applying are very less or are there any other reasons?

Thanks,
Surya

@ram, @mayank_mink, next batch intake will also be for people with 7 to 15 years of experience...IIM-B is not planning to reduce the experience level of intake students.

@surya, your acads will definitely help however your experience will not be sufficient as 7 years work exp is required at the time of joining.
To answer your other questions...doing EPGP will definitely be a good decision that one can take if one have plans for doing MBA from a top B school.
Wrt the # of female candidates @EPGP, I believe that is more to do with supply. Incidently our batch has the highest number of female students (10 out of 74).
More details on current batch can be found @ Fourth batch of EPGP commences at IIMB | Indian Institute of Management Bangalore

regards,
EPGP@IIMB

Hi,

Can you please evaluate my profile ? I have 8 + yrs in IT consulting. Have worked in US and UK. Presently a PM looking after implementations for client in US, Europe and Asia.

GMAT - 660

Thanks,
gb1

@gb1, It will be too hard to evaluate a profile with GMAT scores and #of work exp alone.

What matters most is the quality of your work experience, your clarity of thoughts on what you are aiming for and how EPGP will help you to propel your career towards your aim. Obviously academic qualifications are also considered however that is more to ascertain certain min qualification.

If you can take care of these aspects while applying then it will help you better.

regards,
EPGP@IIMB

I will be applying to EPGP for the session starting in 2013. I have a couple of queries 1) I will be completing my 7 years of work experience this year. Please let me know if the minimum eligibility is of 7 years then by which date should we complete 7 years of experience 2) I have a valid GMAT score which I took in 2008. Please let me know if I can apply to EPGP with this score or should I retake GMAT.

@ram, @mayank_mink, next batch intake will also be for people with 7 to 15 years of experience...IIM-B is not planning to reduce the experience level of intake students.

I understand that you have answered this query before, but is there a remote possibility that min work ex criteria might be relaxed for people with (7 years - 2-3 months) workex?

I am applying to all major B-schools this year, and IIMB seems to be the only one I am not allowed to apply to

@fightformba, You should have completed 7 years of exp at the time of joining EPGP....ie., by march 2013 you should have got 7 years work exp. With regards to your GMAT validity i need to check and get back. Hope your GMAT score will be valid until march 2013?

@ragnroll, I'm not sure if IIM-B will relax the min work experience criteria. They are looking for people who have completed 7 years of work exp at the time of joining the course. Further their claim is that, the PGSEM course is pitched for people with 3-7 years experience and so EPGP's entry will not overlap with this.

regards,
EPGP@IIMB

Thanks for your reply. Yes my GMAT will remain valid till March 2013. In fact it will remain valid till October 2013. It would be helpful if you can confirm on whether i can apply with that score. If not, then I have to retake the exam and I do not have much time left considering that I will take 2-3 months for preparing for GMAT