IIMB EPGP III Aspirants, Class of 2012

Hello Friends, We are current students of IIMB - EPGP (Class of 2011) and would be happy to take any questions related to academics and student life at IIMB. Good luck with your admission process. Regards, IIMB EPGP Students

Hello Friends,

We are current students of IIMB - EPGP (Class of 2011) and would be happy to take any questions related to academics and student life at IIMB.

Good luck with your admission process.

Regards,
IIMB EPGP Students

Hello Friends,

We are current students of IIMB - EPGP (Class of 2011) and would be happy to take any questions related to academics and student life at IIMB.

Regards,
IIMB EPGP Students

Hey..Thanks for taking this great initiative..which would help the aspiring students.

Well..I'm a doc with 4 yrs of Entrepreneurial experience. Got multiple admits from UK & EU b-schools..but looking at the present scenario..I've dropped my Idea & decided to go for an Exec/1Yr MBA from INDIA itself. I'm aspiring for IIMB EPGP for 2011-12 intake.
I'd appreciate if you could answer my following queries :

1. When is the work-experience calculated in the year..I mean which month? (5yrs by which month)
2. Are there any Drs in your batch?
3. What is the avr GMAT & what is that for those with diverse profiles..splly for the Drs?
4. Avr Placement stats..Avr salary & the Min-Max Salary..offered to the EPGP Graduate?
5. Did any Healthcare/Biotechnological/Pharmaceutical firm came..as a Recruiter?
6. How is the EPGP course for a Horizontal career-shift..from Healthcare-Services(Clinical) to Corporate Healthcare?

Thanks for your patience and support.

Cheers,
Dr Saurabh.

Dear Saurabh,

Glad to know that you are interested in exec MBA and are looking at IIMB. Based on last year's information, I can say that IIMB had mandated a 7 year work experience requirement. I cant officially say as of now whether the requirement still holds.

- Avg GMAT for this batch was 700. The range of GMAT is 630-770.
- Avg Work experience is 10.5
- Avg International Work Experience is 2.5

There are no doctors in the current batch however there were a couple of them in the first batch. Yes, Pharma and healthcare companies do come to IIMB for recruitment. I guess your shift from Clinical to Healthcare should not pose a big problem.

Hope this helps.

Hello Friends,

Regards,
IIMB EPGP Students

Hi
when would be announcement of application date and cycle ?
Dear Saurabh,

Glad to know that you are interested in exec MBA and are looking at IIMB. Based on last year's information, I can say that IIMB had mandated a 7 year work experience requirement. I cant officially say as of now whether the requirement still holds.

There are no doctors in the current batch however there were a couple of them in the first batch. Yes, Pharma and healthcare companies do come to IIMB for recruitment. I guess your shift from Clinical to Healthcare should not pose a big problem.

Hope this helps.

Dear EPGPians,

Thanx for the quick response. :clap:

1. Could you plz confirm me..regarding the 7Yrs work-ex thing..as most of the other IIMs (A,C,L) ask for min 5yrs exp. :wow:
2. The average Salary offered by the Healthcare/Pharma employers and the General average figure?
3. I would really appreciate..if you can take the Pain..& provide me the contacts of your Seniors at IIMB (EPGP)..who were Drs.

Thanx again for the great effort and Support by you guys.

Regards,
Saurabh.

Hey Saurabh,

Will let you know the contact. First lets wait for the experience requirements to come out.

Regards

Hi
when would be announcement of application date and cycle ?

I checked with the office today.

Here are the *tentative* dates for the admission process:

07 July - Opening of Online Application
30 Sep - Application Deadline
2nd & 3rd week of Nov - Interviews
Around 1st-2nd week of Dec - Sending out offer letters.

Regards
Dear Saurabh,

Hope this helps.

This info helps. Can you please let me also know whether there is much difference between avg gmat of batch and avg gmat of IT guys in batch. I know that avg for IT is high in other institutes. Is that the same case for EPGP too.

dr saurabh i want ur help...plzzz

rahul_nema Says
dr saurabh i want ur help...plzzz

It's a Wrong post on a Wrong thread.. Don't you Understand that it is a thread of IIMB-EPGP..!

Rahul, Don't get Desperate to ask Qs to me.. like this.
We are Professionals.. so we'll be able to answer you Queries.. only when we get time & as per our Priorities.

I have PM you.. with my Answers & Suggestions to your Queries and you have also send/PM me your Qs for 3 times.. as a Repeat posts. Don't be so Ignorant in your Approach.

Hope this helps,
Dr Saurabh.

Dear EPGPians,

Thanks for starting this thread. Could you please suggest on my profile and what kind of chance I stand?

IT ERP Consulant with Infy.
Work Ex - 6.3 years - will be 7 years by March 2011.
International Work ex - Approx 4 years
Acads - above average - X - 76%, XII - 73%, BE - 78%
GMAT - 660 (written in May 2010)

Looking at my schedule, I may not be able to better my GMAT score, will it
be a deal-breaker?

Thanks,
AM

I checked with the office today.

Here are the *tentative* dates for the admission process:

07 July - Opening of Online Application
30 Sep - Application Deadline
2nd & 3rd week of Nov - Interviews
Around 1st-2nd week of Dec - Sending out offer letters.

Regards

Hi,
It will be a great help, can you confirm nos. of seats or any chance of increase in no. of seats..
Hi,
It will be a great help, can you confirm nos. of seats or any chance of increase in no. of seats..

@ponds_ggn

Will find that out. Give us a few days. This is exam week. I will get back in a couple of days.

Dear Amit,

Work Ex - 6.3 years - will be 7 years by March 2011
>> Looks good

>> Very good
>> Good

>> Seems to be on the lower side considering you are an IT person.

I think overall the profile looks good. GMAT looks to be a little on the lower side, but we have few batchmates from IT who have this GMAT score. So definitely this will not be a deal breaker. Go for it, and articulate your SOP well to bring out your strengths in other areas.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Dear EPGPians,

Thanks for starting this thread. Could you please suggest on my profile and what kind of chance I stand?

Work Ex - 6.3 years - will be 7 years by March 2011.

Looking at my schedule, I may not be able to better my GMAT score, will it
be a deal-breaker?

Thanks,
AM

Hi,

Thank you all who have come forward to guide and to help us.
I am sandeep, . I have 8+ years of experience.
Education:
10th : 71%
12th : 70%
BE (Mech) : 83%
MS (Mech) : B+ Grade
Exp : 8+ yrs

What should be my minimum GMAT score to apply for EPGP at IIMB. And what is the chance of getting admission with this background.

Regards,
Sandeep

Hi there,

Very nice initiative. Thank you.

What do you think my chances will be :

X : 90% CBSE
XII : 96% [Got a State Award here]
B.Tech : 75% [ Distinction]
Extra Circulars : Head Boy at my school , College Coordinator @ BTech and Placement Coordinator and represented State BasketBall team.

Domain : Pre-Sales/Telecom
Work Ex : 6 years by 2012 June
3 years of International experience [ USA and finland]
Part of a few NGOs

GMAT : 700 [AWA 6/6]

Given the criteria for 7 yrs mentioned do you think it is still a good option to go ahead and apply?

Regards,
Mahesh

Hi Sandeep,

Your academic credentials of BE, MS are good. Automobile experience will be nice.

Have you taken your GMAT? Try to hit 700 and you will have a great chance of getting in.

Good luck with your GMAT and application.

Regards

Hi,

Thank you all who have come forward to guide and to help us.
I am sandeep, working for General Motors in CAD/CAE. I have 8+ years of experience.
Education:
10th : 71%
12th : 70%
BE (Mech) : 83%
MS (Mech) : B+ Grade
Exp : 8+ yrs

What should be my minimum GMAT score to apply for EPGP at IIMB. And what is the chance of getting admission with this background.

Regards,
Sandeep

Hi Mahesh,

Your credentials are great but as far as i know, IIMB is very particular about 7 years experience. Last year they had turned down people with experience just under 7 years.

Regards

Hi there,

Very nice initiative. Thank you.

What do you think my chances will be :

X : 90% CBSE
XII : 96% [Got a State Award here]
B.Tech : 75% [ Distinction]
Extra Circulars : Head Boy at my school , College Coordinator @ BTech and Placement Coordinator and represented State BasketBall team.

Domain : Pre-Sales/Telecom
Work Ex : 6 years by 2012 June
3 years of International experience [ USA and finland]
Part of a few NGOs

GMAT : 700 [AWA 6/6]

Given the criteria for 7 yrs mentioned do you think it is still a good option to go ahead and apply?

Regards,
Mahesh
Hi Sandeep,

Your academic credentials of BE, MS are good. Automobile experience will be nice.

Have you taken your GMAT? Try to hit 700 and you will have a great chance of getting in.

Good luck with your GMAT and application.

Regards

Hi,
Thanx for the reply .
I just need to know one more information. How will be the companies view on EPGP students comapred to PGP students. And how the placements will be.