IIMB Call Getters-Post your queries here

Please post your queries regarding IIMB GD/PI here. Would try to answer ASAP. Also we would be coming up with the official CAT Chat on IIMB Website soon.

Please post your queries regarding IIMB GD/PI here. Would try to answer ASAP. Also we would be coming up with the official CAT Chat on IIMB Website soon.

hi dood
me a fresher..in final yr electronics at NSIT(DIT)...
i got okish acads throughout...decent ECA...and some gd hobbies
just wanted to ask that last yr...99.7 wast the %ile on PG at which an engg. fresher got selected...was that just on PG ya fir there is no one out there with a sub 99.7 %ile?
I have 99.74..btw..ABC calls till now
so basic query: is %ile the only criteria for IIMB...
this is wrt and engg fresher...
p.s: could u get me rohit bhatias' email id..i need to ask him some DIT specific queries
ciao
and thanx

what the hell is going on

my percentile-- 99.99

99+ in all three sections

acads 67+ %

NO IIMB CALL
IS IT SOME JOKE

IS THERE ANY ONE OUT THERE.......

ME DEVESTATED.DUNNO.

PERHAPS SHUD HAVE GOT 100 PERCENTILE.MAY BE IIMB WUD HAVE CONDESCENDED TO GIMME A CALL

Hi puneet,
i am really sorry...you deserved a call in all probability..
dont know what the adcom is after this year.
No point trying to feel sorry for yourself or getting angry at the profs here...they try to experiment and your case seems to have gone in the wrong direction.
But be sure about one thing:
You have % people dream about.
With your percentil you will convert most of your calls provided you come across well in your gd/pi...you still have 5 more to go..dont loose heart and keep up your spirits.
In the coming three months never let this stupid question detract you from your gd/pi's...many a times in life shit happens for strange reasons...
dont like to state this:
but maybe you are made for A!

All the very best from evry1 here!

Surprise.........

Got B call

QA 89.3 ?
VA 97.8
DI 98.7

Overall 98.83

Academics Moderate (75-85 %) with 7 yrs workex

My percentile: 99.99 99.88 97.8
My acads: dual degree microelectronics IIT Bombay, GPA 9.1 on a scale of 10 that 91%.
Experience : 6 months.
Result: No call from IIMB.
Conclusion: IIMB sucks
Didnt matter to me as I wanted to join only A, but yes.. since there's been another such case.. iI dont think the IIMB profs want ppl with high percentile. Maybe they just thought that ppl with high percentiles would just join A anyways... Meritrocracy is certainly not the criteria at IIMB Not that its going to LOOSE anything by not taking us, the other guys/gals it takes would perhaps be more intelligent or even more capable and anyways no person is greater than the institution.

really surprising to see so many top % nt gettin calls frm B.. i ve myself got calls frm A n C only though(99.37).. all the very bets for all folks with calls yaar.. jus go rock it..

Me also got thru IIMs A and C but no B. I was surprised. But my surprise is no way near that of puneets. All i can say is f**k IIMB

freinds i hav been refreshing my admission enquiry again n again
in the vain hope that there has been some goofup.

butthe message"SOORY .........NOT SHORTLISTED.........THE RESULTS ARE BINDING................" REPEATS ITSELG AGAIN N AGAIN.

SEEMS LIKE THE ENTIRE SHORTLISTING IS SO ARBITRARY....

IF THEY DINT WANT TO GIVE ME A LOOK IN AT THERE NICE F***ING
COLLEGE.ATLEAST CUD HAV CALLED ME FOR THE GD/PI PART.

THOT THAT THESE GOOD PCILES WUD MAKL MY LIFE A TAD BIT EASY
FOR THE IIMB SECOND ROUND.BUT A GR8 U TURN ON THERE PART....

SEEMS LIKE IT WILL REMAIN A MYSTERY FOR ME FOREVER

PLZ THROW SUM LIGHT ON THEIR CRITERIAS

Well I donno how people are going to react to this ....My %ile is 97.92 over all with 91.37 in QA, 91.94 in DI and 97.89 in VA/RC.... but to my astonishment IIM-B has called me up for interview!!! :shock: :shock:

Is'nt it true that my chances are quite bleak given that I dont have any "glamourous" profile ..just 5 yrs in IT in a MNC after my BE from BITS-Pilani.

Are there are IIM-B folks out here? Please do give me your inputs.

regards,
Praveen

CAT was a surprise..but the B calls are shockers..dunno what the criteria is..

99.10 overall
99.62 DI
97.something in verbal
85.something in quans!!!!

but i get a call ..no work ex..2004 passout BE(ECE) form Chennai
decent acads..

lets see if we can thrash this out..

rsb

My scores :

Di : 97.44
QA : 99.64
VB : 95.59

Overall : 99.62

Acads:

IIT Madras B.Tech Mech. final Yr with CGPA of 8.22
10th : 87%
12th : 93%

I got A and C but B dropped me. God knows why??? Maybe their VB cutoff is very high 😞

Hi Guys...

Hey puneet and others who dont get call despite high percentile...dont loose heart as IIM B has done this in past also, last yr and before last yr, my frnds got call 3-4 days later than others. So u guys still stand a chance.

My scores
Q =99.5
di=93.2
Va=97.2
Overall = 99.47

12 = 82.2
10 = 72.4

Workex = 6 months(2004 passout)

So far got call from A,B,K but L mien nahin hua and C ki site nahin khil rahi. Bangalore guys...lets make a group for GD/PI preparation. Message me or call me at XXXXXXXXXX

No Tel Nos on the Forum

hi IIM B junta ....

NO call from IIMB .( not from A either . C , K so far) with the foll scores:

99.13 99.00 95.17 in DI , QA , VA and overall 99.57

Guhan , Nikhil , Rajeev etc............remember me ???.
I wudve loved 2 join u..... but guess.. there's something else in store for me.

Somebody Resolve the Mystery behind the B calls !!!!

~with mixed feelings~
~pradeep~..

My percentiles:
LA/DI :93.98
VA/RC :99.25
QA : 99.59
Overall : 99.80

Calls so far: A, B, C, K :)
Bmps from L 😲

Vijay

How about this for bizzare:

Last year - plenty preparation, 96.62, no calls(duh)

This year - NO prep, was rotting in office the day before CAT, took the test only because I had filled the form, 97.85 (cool, considering aforementioned), B call. No others.

Could 6 months of work ex have counted so much?

Last year - plenty preparation, 96.62, no calls(duh)

This year - NO prep, was rotting in office the day before CAT, took the test only because I had filled the form, 97.85 (cool, considering aforementioned), B call. No others.

For a moment I thought you were posting on behalf of me! I was in exctly same position last year and now! :)

fatman Says
Could 6 months of work ex have counted so much?

Its not just about the 6 months experience...it is majorly because B chose to call candidates with whatever profiles they had in mind. This happens with B every year when they try to call people with different backgrounds.

regards,
Praveen

my percentile is 99.7
no calls from a,b,c,l