IIMB 2005 GD/PI experiences

*Guys. * ** IIMB interviews are starting from tomorrow Do post in your experiences ** Best of luck to everybody! ** **

Guys.

IIMB interviews are starting from tomorrow
Do post in your experiences

Best of luck to everybody!

Hi all,

All the best to ppl having B calls... from tommorow things will start... lets hope for the best ....
I have mine on 23rd and at 2:00 PM @ mumbai... lets rock it men and women... :smile:

Please post your exp and also along with exp please post the profile including CAT %tile, work exp , acads also so that full picture is clear.....

ATB ....

Meanwhile somebody please start a new thread... i am not able to find how to create a new thread

Regards
Mohit

Hi all,

All the best to ppl having B calls... from tommorow things will start... lets hope for the best ....
I have mine on 23rd and at 2:00 PM @ mumbai... lets rock it men and women... :smile:

Please post your exp and also along with exp please post the profile including CAT %tile, work exp , acads also so that full picture is clear.....

ATB ....

Meanwhile somebody please start a new thread... i am not able to find how to create a new thread

Regards
Mohit

BTW till when are B interviews??I have heard of someone with an interview on April 7th..Anyone having a date later than that...I guess results will be declated within 15 days of commencement of interviews.

hi peeps

hoped to find some IIMB exp but it seems moi among the first bakras to be slaughtered..:grab: :grab: :grab:
Hav mine @ Indian institute of hotel mgmt in dadar in mumbai....
when???---today :wow: :wow: at 2 pm ....
It seems i will be among the first to post my exp---at present am thoda frustoo bcoz missed out FMS but still....................--abhi IIM-B ki baree hai
baki batein GD/PI exp vali post main..
see u arnd 5 pm
Puneet

hi peeps

hoped to find some IIMB exp but it seems moi among the first bakras to be slaughtered..:grab: :grab: :grab:
Hav mine @ Indian institute of hotel mgmt in dadar in mumbai....
when???---today :wow: :wow: at 2 pm ....
It seems i will be among the first to post my exp---at present am thoda frustoo bcoz missed out FMS but still....................--abhi IIM-B ki baree hai
baki batein GD/PI exp vali post main..
see u arnd 5 pm
Puneet

ATB to u and all the other ppl... looking fwd to ur post and others also please pour in....
Please give all the details like ur profile and also the detailed process of GD and PI....

Also in the previously closed thread there was a poll for the CAT percentiles for the B call getters.. can we have something of that sort here so that we ppl can have an idea... how B has given calls... say at the interval of 0.5%..... please do that ....
Regards
Mohit

the gd was a sort of ethical dilemma and the discussion was very relaxed as everyone knew that 20 min was too much. then 10 min to write (1) Summary (2) why MBA and (3) the most influential person of the 20th century.

IV was vague

(background: MBBS with 3 yr work-ex.)

P1 why mba?
Moi: blah blah

P1: what specific operational role do you see for yourself in the industry?

P2 do u know anything about insurance?

P2: are insurance companies doing well?

P2: what are their finiancial probs

p2: what are the problems with medical insurance?

p1: should health info on patients be in the public domain?

p2: what are the probs with that

p2: given the resources, how will you set up a system to create information systems on health in the public domain?

p2: what problems d you foresee?

p2: what are the problems with third party administrators in the medical insurance industry?

p1: what are the negatives in india for medical tourism

p2: how will you deal with these problems

p2: do you know any statistical analysis (f test etc.)

p1: how will you manage quant if you dont

p2: name one specific area of interest in maths

p2: how is this applicable in medicine

p1: (to ease the pain)...hobbies

(said cooking)

wanted to know what specific type of indian food and what specific regional chinese food i am interested in and where i get alll the ingredients

:(
panel seemed cool, but wanted very very specific answers. seemed unconvinced about most of the answers

kept answering, pretty much kept my cool but didint walk out feeling too great about the whole experience.

Gd; 7/10
Pi: 4/10

glad to get that out of mu system!

ATB to the rest.
take care

hi all
thanx a lot thussu for posting ur experience ...
if u cud plz clarify if there was any word limit or space restriction on the answers like why mba, most influential person, summary...????

plz do let us know....

parag

the gd was a sort of ethical dilemma and the discussion was very relaxed as everyone knew that 20 min was too much. then 10 min to write (1) Summary (2) why MBA and (3) the most influential person of the 20th century.

IV was vague

P1 why mba?

p2: given the resources, how will you set up a system to create information systems on health in the public domain?

p2: what are the problems with third party administrators in the medical insurance industry?

(said cooking)

wanted to know what specific type of indian food and what specific regional chinese food i am interested in and where i get alll the ingredients

panel seemed cool, but wanted very very specific answers. seemed unconvinced about most of the answers

kept answering, pretty much kept my cool but didint walk out feeling too great about the whole experience.

Gd; 7/10

ATB to the rest.
take care

Hi
Thanks for posting the experience buddy!!
I would request everyone to mention his/her profile & %tiles..If poss do let us know abt the other members' profiles too.
How many group members were there?

IV was vague

P1 why mba?

(said cooking)

Gd; 7/10

ATB to the rest.
take care

HI,

Thanks for the exp post... please let us know following things also

1. Location of your GD PI
2. How many panels means simultaneous GD PI kya ???
3. How many ppl called in the slot of say 9:00 AM
4. Whats the group size....
5. Ur cat %ile
6. Any idea abt P1 and P2
7. Space available for the questions after Case...

ATB for results

Regards
Mohit

IV was vague

hi thussu
did u have to write all the 4 answers in 10 minutes??

Hi All,

Can someone please tell me the exact location of Indian institute of hotel mgmt ,dadar, Mumbai.
I have my interview on 23rd March.
Is it in East or West?? How far is it from Dadar station???
Waiting for a reply!!!!

Regards,
Gaurav

Hi All,

Can someone please tell me the exact location of Indian institute of hotel mgmt ,dadar, Mumbai.
I have my interview on 23rd March.
Is it in East or West?? How far is it from Dadar station???
Waiting for a reply!!!!

Regards,
Gaurav

It is in Dadar West...more commonly known as Dadar Catering college. You can take a Taxi from Dadar station...it shud not be more than 3-4 Kms

IIMB 9 am on 21.03 (first day, first show, second in)
6 in one panel, 7 in two and 8 in mine
two guys didnt turn up, ironically in the panel with 6!

99.27 %tile

One ruled page to write about the case and about half a page each (unruled) fr the other two answers.
there were many who didnt finish the last two Q. but the panelists asked us to forget it as long as we had done the case and that they would ask us the same in the IV.
passion77 Says
It is in Dadar West...more commonly known as Dadar Catering college. You can take a Taxi from Dadar station...it shud not be more than 3-4 Kms

thanks passion

Hi rishi (Thrissu)

This is rupak..I think u rem the IIM K episode
Lots of questions asked ... I am sure u must have done well..
About the prominent personality of teh 20th century..was that a question asked specifically to ur panel or what it the same question for all the groups..
So we should expect a Global gyan question in our interviews..

hi thussu,

plz check ur inbox for my pm n reply fast...

If possible, can we have one more poll as to how many IIMB Call Getters are with only 1 call from IIMs.

Also, thrissu...(rishi)...
u still did not answer one of the ques by rinku...which is

are we supposed to write the answers for all 3 questions in 10 minutes?
Reply soon.

BTW I have 98.65 percentile-single call
PI in Mumbai on March 30 @ 2 PM.

hey
where are all of you who have had interviews today???
come on guys post!!
we are all waiting for your responses

hi ppl

Pls do keep the posts coming in. Mine is on 24th Mar at IHC delhi(2 pm). Anybody else out there withh same timings.....

Why r delhi ppl not posting their experiences.