IIMA reviewing the eligibility criteria for PGP 2006-2008

hey guys! this is what i found in IIMA website under eligibility criteria The eligibility criteria for admission to 2006-08 batch PGP is under review. The revised eligibility criteria will be announced soon (end June/early July). h…

hey guys!

this is what i found in IIMA website under eligibility criteria

The eligibility criteria for admission to 2006-08 batch PGP is under review. The revised eligibility criteria will be announced soon (end June/early July).

http://www.iimahd.ernet.in/programmes/pgpapply_eligibility.htm

what are they reviewing? acad percentage maybe? work ex min? post your thoughts. i hope this is the first thread about this.. i did a search

cheers
nagila

hey no speculations here buddy .....it will needlessly create apprehensions among wannabe candidates ........let the picture b clear ....so wait for few more days 😃

The new eligibility criteria...

Bachelors degree with first class in all years.
Minimum 2 years work experience or other experience
Atleast a Certified Pagal on pg.com

HaHa! Yeah Right! I think this has more to do with the legal issue regarding the guys who were not called cause their college was not accredited or something...
The eligibility criteria should be the last of your worries...

K

iam sorry i didnt realise this will cause some confusion among th pgiites.. so if the mods wish they can edit my previous post..

as for as having to be a certified pagal.. lol.. good one dude

cheers
nagila

Yup i agree with Desi guru,

A CERTIFIED PAGAL pg !!That sounds like a good idea, wt say junta ?????

Regards
Harry

what are they reviewing? acad percentage maybe? work ex min? post your thoughts.

They must be deciding a concrete rule on the Bachelor's degree university (whether recognized or not) after the furore caused when 3 candidates were not allowed admission to IIMA because their university was not AICTE recognized.
Unlikely they would do a review based on Acads percentage or min work-ex.

Hey people,

IIMs are reviewing their policy this year because 3 students from DA-IICT had filed a case against IIMA last year on the grounds that they were not issued GD-PI calls only because their institute was not listed with AIU (Association of Indian Universities). Their claim was that their institue has recognition from UGC and so AIU listing should not be demanded from them. In fact, AIU is not a statutory body that recognises degrees/ universities like AICTE does. Court has upheld their claims and ordered IIMA not to ask for AIU certification as an elligibility criteria. And hence the message on IIMA website.

Bye.

VIVEK

ty guys for the info.... enlightened :)

cheers
nagila

guys please clear some doubts for me:

1.if a college is on the AIU listing and a UGC recognized deemed univ. but its not AICTE approved, then can a student from that insti get into iima

2.are you sure minimum workex has become 2 yrs?

please please answer my query.

I think exp should b a mandatory point.

are puys,

This change in eligibility criteria is in sync with the reservation rule. Eligibility criteria would be that u, ur father, grand father, greatgrand father, great great grandfather ya phir mother, sister, grand mother, grand mother in law, mother in law somone from ur family has to be from reserved category...then n then only ur eligible.

This would encourage mix marriages and love marriges, which would help in two ways.

1. That will spread the love everywhere since lotsa love marriages.
2. Upliftment of the reserved categories coz of the mix of genes.

Hope this would put all the speculations to the rest