IIMA Placements 2006

so hear goes the account of the placements at IIMA. sorry for the delay in posting. lots of submissions and everything related :slight_smile: Students of IIM Ahmedabad came out with flying colors as their Final Placements ended just a couple of days befo…

so hear goes the account of the placements at IIMA. sorry for the delay in posting. lots of submissions and everything related :)

Students of IIM Ahmedabad came out with flying colors as their Final Placements ended just a couple of days before Holi. 245 students of the Batch of 2004-06 were placed across 5 days of recruiting (8th March -13th March).
A total 510 job offers were made to 235 students who participated in placements, with 83 students placed in Slot 0. This is a 41% increase over last year's 58. Of the total job offers, 30% of the students were for overseas placements. Nearly 33% of students placed in India were offered pay packages over INR 10 lakh per annum, with the domestic average at INR 9.72 lakh per annum. The number of companies also increased from 83 to 110 this year.
The highlight of placements was the domestic offer of Country Head (compensation INR
34 lakh per annum) offered to a student from the batch, by RPG Enterprises. The highest international package was the Associate level offer by Barclays at an unprecedented USD 185000 (Singapore $300000). Further more, three such International Associate offers were made to students this year at IIMA.
The average entry level domestic salary increased by 23% to INR 9.72 lakh per annum from INR 7.9 lakhs last year, while the international average stands at USD 92500, a rise of over 16%. The average lateral domestic salary increased to a high INR 10.6 lakh per annum.
The number of companies offering overseas jobs was as high as 20 in 2006. International offers were made in Slot 1 as well with DBS, TAS, ICICI, TransIndus, etc. choosing to place students overseas.
In what seems to be a growing trend, eighteen students chose domestic placements over foreign offers this year.
As many as 10 students either opted out of placements, or rejected job offers in order to start their own enterprise.
The Lateral Placements at IIMA for the 2004-'06 batch were held in the months January-
March 2006. This year the lateral placements were characterized by an unprecedented rise in number of offers, and the sheer diversity of jobs on offer. Apart from the highest domestic salary by RPG, over INR 16 lakh per annum offer was also made by Genpact.

Well,

As usual, the IIM saga continues to awe us all!

Great Going Guys.

I duntt know which Bschool I am gonna join in 2 months time,
But I hope I make it to the Big 3. if not A.

But, then thats what ALL of us want isnt it??

Agantuk.

Hey dudes at IIMA......

WHAT ELSE CAN I SAY !!!!

PARTY!!!! and hopeflly a lot of us at PG will be at similar heights in 2 years time..

I dont understand what happened in one year that avg domestic went from 7.9 to 9.7 lakhs!! Anyways IIM A's big pdf on the placements is fun to read
Awaiting that:)

K

Gr8 going guys!
Btw, would you mind giving a list of PGites and their placements?

Cheers
Pradeep

Fantabulous placements 😃

where did Abhishek Rathi get placed?

Cheers,
Niraj

maybe a niche segment is going unnoticed
don't u think so
well if u do plz reply

laughter will wipe off the winter from every face
do i hear a smile

I dont understand what happened in one year that avg domestic went from 7.9 to 9.7 lakhs!! Anyways IIM A's big pdf on the placements is fun to read
Awaiting that:)

K

Let me aid you in this noble endeavour:

1) Indian economy is booming: No, am not some sad advocate of the India Shining brigade. Evidence is that the sensex has shot up by over 60% from an average of 6500 to 10,500. A MERE 20 % increase in the salary seems like piddling. *sniff* *sniff* we are so underpaid.

2) The range of increase in domestic salaries this year has ranged from 13% (XLRI) to 24% (IIM-L). We are floating somewhere in between those numbers. (Ps. Above schools were selected on the basis of simple random sampling)

3) Latest Hewitt survey ( was4.hewitt.com/hewitt/ap/resource/newsroom/pressrel/2005/11-23-05india.htm) indicates that the average Indian salary has witnessed an increase of 13.9 % over the last year.

In short, we work magic on the students and not the numbers !

Where are all the PGites placed?
snan, puneet vohra, bhars18, voodoochild, ronjan?

PS:where's P devarajan placed?

Where are all the PGites placed?
snan, puneet vohra, bhars18, voodoochild, ronjan?

PS:where's P devarajan placed?

snan - McKinsey
Vohra - ABN AMRO
Bhars - Dell
ronjan - BCG
voodoochild - ML I guess

Hiii..

Wheres Mayank Rawat placed.??

THankss

Puja-IIT-D MBA

Amazing...IIM A > all