IIMA PGPX Results out

The wait is over… Congrats to all who have made it (I am in too… :))!!

The wait is over... Congrats to all who have made it (I am in too... :))!!

gmat77 Says
The wait is over... Congrats to all who have made it (I am in too... :))!!

Congratulations.... 😃 I guess this should rather be in a new thread..

Cheers

hi gmat77 ...congrats. I have received the admission offer as well.

cheers
mukul
p.s will be good to know your name and coordinates :-).

congrats guys. i got an admit as well

Hey gmat77, Mukul and war. CONGRATULATIONS!!

Just found out your profiles from this thread
war : I am Mechanical engineer with a Masters in manufacturing and 8 years workex in a automotive manufacturing company.

gmat77 : GMAT :700
Workex: 6 yrs (IT)
Intl Exp: 3 foreign countries.
USP: can't really think of anything apart from a patent app.

Mukul what is your profile? BTW, who others have got the offers and what is the general profiles of admitted students?

war : How much was your gmat? usp?

Only three admits on PG? :shock:

Ketan

hi ketan

my gmat was 750 and i have done a one year full time masters program in manufacturing systems in the UK. some intl exposure in terms of dealing with clients in the US.

btw there is a active yahoo group where i saw quite a few candidates admitted to the pgpx.

hi ketan,

my gmat score was 700. 8 yrs IT experience and currently working for ANZ bank in melbourne. earlier worked with EDS and TCS at different locations in India, SouthEast Asia and US.

war will be good to know everyone who may join the class next year. which yahoo group is that. yesterday , i got a mail from indian bank which also had a few mail ids of the people who got admit offers.

cheers

mukul

try this link

http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/iim_pgpx

Hi guys....I am in as well.....

My Name is Gaurav and I am working in UAE.....from the finance background....lemme know your profiles...will be good to be in touch....

Hi Gaurav,

In case you have not done it so far, please join yahoo group http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pgpx_iim_a_class_of_2007. There are a few people in the group who have received the admission offer.

I am Mukul , working for an australian Bank in Melbourne. I have IT background.

Cheers
Mukul

Hi Mukul...thanks for the invite for the yahoo group. will definately join it.

Hi War & Ketan. Congratulations to all of you.

So we have quite a geographic diversity here. Mukul from the land of kangroos and me from the land of oil. War and Ketan where are u guys currently based??

Keep in touch guys

Congratulations to all who have made it to the PGPX. Given it's IIMA, I am quite sure you will not find the teething problems that were associated with the ISB. Good luck.

I plan to apply for the 2nd batch. Can anyone tell me how the interview went? What were the questions (I understand they will be different for different people), how long was the interview etc etc?

Would appreciate some feedback.

Hi,

A few more details about the selected candidates for the PGPX 2006-07 batch. Avg GMAT is 700, avg years of experience 9 years and Avg. age at the time of entering the schools 32.

67 candidates have accepted the admission offer.

Phew !!! this is something very different for any Indian B-School. In fact not many US schools have these kinda stats for any full time MBA program. Specially the avg. age and hence experience being on the higher side. No info yet on avg. incoming salary and other related details. As one can expect most are Indian nationals or people of Indian origin.

Hope the first batch and IIMA together can start a new trend in management education in India with focus on preparing executives for middle/senior management positions.

Cheers
Mukul

The IIMA PGPX 2006-07 batch profile is available on the following link :

http://www.iimahd.ernet.in/pgpx/guideline1.html

Any idea what is the mix of international students vs Indian students at ISB ?

Cheers
Mukul

The IIMA PGPX 2006-07 batch profile is available on the following link :

http://www.iimahd.ernet.in/pgpx/guideline1.html

Any idea what is the mix of international students vs Indian students at ISB ?

Cheers
Mukul

Amazing profiles... very very impressive

This participant profile, with an average GMAT of 700, age of 32 years and work experience of over 9 years would be amongst the best in the world for one year full-time MBAs for executives.

Ketan

Hi Everyone,

Its been some time that I visited PG and was good to see so many people getting admits to great schools. I too have received admits from a few schools in US but am sticking to IIMA PGPX for various reasons.

Some news about PGPX :

All the 67 students of the first batch have been networking with each other and industry during the last 4-5 months and one gets a good feeling about the batch.

Most of us are preparing for the home run and then the final plunge in April !!!!!. Going back to school makes me nervous and surely there is excitement as well. Lets see how it goes.

IIMA seems to be planning well in advance for most things. Though there have been some unexpected issues as well. We have given our preferences for international locations for the international immersion program. Same for the electives that we will like to take. Some of us have networked in the industry, both people in India and junta coming from overseas. Lets see how much difference it can make to the placement process.

Currently, all of us are in study mode ...atleast theoritically 😃 . Yes, true to IIMA reputation, we have been provided with some prep material and the deadline is middle of next month to complete the assignments. Its not easy getting into study mode after 8 years specially when one is in a handover mode after resigning from present job, worries about moving back to India etc etc.
Thankfully, I am unmarried. Some of the classmates have to worry about school admissions for kids, spouse's job and what not ....

I am happy to answer any queries any PAGAL has regarding PGPX or B-School admissions.......

Cheers
Mukul
P.S. Could not resist this ....I am moving back to India and anyone in Melbourne wants to buy furniture, appliances etc you know who to contact

Amazing profiles... very very impressive

This participant profile, with an average GMAT of 700, age of 32 years and work experience of over 9 years would be amongst the best in the world for one year full-time MBAs for executives.
Ketan

1/3rd have a Master's degree. And an avg incoming sal of 17 LPA.:wow: :wow:
Huff mind boggling!
W2G IIMA!!
:wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow:

some profile ,

true to its reputation iima will select only the cream,:neutral:
huh!!!!!

all guys selected ...congrats,

Does anyone in PGPX have a prior (conventional) MBA degree?