IIMA PGPX/ISB 2007-08 Aspirants:Pool in with your Queries,Profiles et al

Hi, Have created a new thread for pooling in info and prep strategies 4 the IIMA PGPX 1yr/ IIMC PGPEX/ ISB exec course for the coming term 2007-08. I have not appeared for GMAT yet. Plannin to do in the first week of June. My profil…

Hi,

Have created a new thread for pooling in info and prep strategies 4 the IIMA PGPX 1yr/ IIMC PGPEX/ ISB exec course for the coming term 2007-08.

I have not appeared for GMAT yet. Plannin to do in the first week of June.

My profile :

BE (ELectrical) - NIT/REC
Diploma in Biz Mgmt - ICFAI
Work Exp : 6yrs n 10 months (IT)
Internation exposure : short stints in UK n Australia
Team Management roles 4 the past 3 years.

Current Location: Bangalore.

Any of you with similar dreams/goals, pls do msg n we ll n/w n take it 4ward..!

Wishing all the best 2 us..!!

Rgds.

hi,

i will apply to ISB this year...that too depend on my GMAT

my exp is less than 3 yrs..so IIMA PGPX is out of contention

cheers

Amit

Hi,

I would be applying for IIM-A PGPX 2007. My profile

GMAT: 700
Education: M.Tech from IIT in 1996 CGPA: 8.0/10.0
Work Ex: 10 years as on April 06
Domain expertise: Automotive & Aerospace
Current Employment: an engineering software company
Management experience: Team leader for automotive & aerospace team. We are 12 engineeers working for both the teams.
Awards & Research Paper: a award from a worlds number one automotive company & 4 technical papers in society of automotive engineers conferece.

I applied last year but was told that " from the information you have provided, prima facie, you are a potential candidate for PGPX but your GMAT score is low (earlier it was 560). You will have to improve your score and apply again "

Hope this time I will be able to make it.

Regards
Neta

Hi Neta,

Awesome profile..!
Are you also applying for PGPEX in IIMC? Last date for applications for IIMC is June 30th.
I have scheduled my GMAT on June 1 and am preparing for the same.
Hope to score 720+ !!! Lets c..!

Rgds- SBK.

I applied last year but was told that " from the information you have provided, prima facie, you are a potential candidate for PGPX but your GMAT score is low (earlier it was 560). You will have to improve your score and apply again "

u will get thru definitely this time..

and its good that they give reason of rejection
Hi Guys,

Sorry for early post.Here is my profile

1.Education - 10th and 12th Diploma in Mech Engg (63.8%)
BS (Engg technology) off campus distance learning from BITS pilani (6.0/10) - Just completed

2.WE - 7 years in auto industry after Diploma , led an ERP implementation project

3.International exposure - attended 15 days training in Germany

4.GMAT - Yet to get

What are the chances of selection in PGPX despite poor acadmics,nil international exposure and lack of experience after Degree?
How can I improve my chances??
Pls guide me.