IIMA PGPX class 2013 aspirants

This thread is for all those who aspire to be part of the 11th ranked Global MBA program ( FT Rankings, 2011 ) in the world . Keep posting all your queries and any information about IIM A PGPX . http://insideiimapgpx.wordpress.com/

This thread is for all those who aspire to be part of the 11th ranked Global MBA program ( FT Rankings, 2011 ) in the world . Keep posting all your queries and any information about IIM A PGPX .

http://insideiimapgpx.wordpress.com/

Has anyone got brochure & form for PGPX VII (class of 2013)? In the other thread, I remember reading that some people who are not accepted are given these docs and encouraged to apply next year.

Hi,I am new to this forum and need you to evaluate my profile for PGPX.I am an India born male.Did my schooling and college in Delhi.I scored around 78% in 10th and 89 % in 12th.Then I did Eco(hons) from Hindu college,Delhi Univ.and scored a dismal 50%.Soon after I went to Canada for a course in International Managment from Sheridan college,toronto.
And since may 2006 I am working in a logistic company in toronto and recently has been promoted as Ocean head.Till date I have more than 5 years of work experience in Canada.I am a permanent resident of Canada and will soon be getting Canadian citizenship.
I want to come back to my roots as India is shining and I want to be a part of India's growth.
Last year I gave my Gmat and scored 660.
My ECA are decent.
Do you think I have a decent profile for doing MBA from a good Bschool in India.I know, for sure, that I need to improve on my GMAT but apart from that how can I improve my profile. I would like to apply for the class of 2013 as I have some commitments to take care of in Canada till the end of 2012.Does having a Canadian passport affect my candidature in any which way.
Kindly advice

HemantP Says
Has anyone got brochure & form for PGPX VII (class of 2013)? In the other thread, I remember reading that some people who are not accepted are given these docs and encouraged to apply next year.

I am also looking for it.

I am still making myself aware of the whole application process. As the essays are requested only from shortlisted candidates, what else do we write on the applicaiton (apart from acads, GMAT, and work experience)? That is pretty much information part. So, does IIMA shortlists candidates solely based on these facts or anything else is also considered?

I am still making myself aware of the whole application process. As the essays are requested only from shortlisted candidates, what else do we write on the applicaiton (apart from acads, GMAT, and work experience)? That is pretty much information part. So, does IIMA shortlists candidates solely based on these facts or anything else is also considered?

Hey what happened to your ISB app? If I remember correctly, you were shortlisted for interview.
Hi,I am new to this forum and need you to evaluate my profile for PGPX.I am an India born male.Did my schooling and college in Delhi.I scored around 78% in 10th and 89 % in 12th.Then I did Eco(hons) from Hindu college,Delhi Univ.and scored a dismal 50%.Soon after I went to Canada for a course in International Managment from Sheridan college,toronto.
And since may 2006 I am working in a logistic company in toronto and recently has been promoted as Ocean head.Till date I have more than 5 years of work experience in Canada.I am a permanent resident of Canada and will soon be getting Canadian citizenship.
I want to come back to my roots as India is shining and I want to be a part of India's growth.
Last year I gave my Gmat and scored 660.
My ECA are decent.
Do you think I have a decent profile for doing MBA from a good Bschool in India.I know, for sure, that I need to improve on my GMAT but apart from that how can I improve my profile. I would like to apply for the class of 2013 as I have some commitments to take care of in Canada till the end of 2012.Does having a Canadian passport affect my candidature in any which way.
Kindly advice

Try giving GMAT again get a 700 + . Your work ex is on the lower side of the class average.
HemantP Says
Hey what happened to your ISB app? If I remember correctly, you were shortlisted for interview.

I got dinged.

Last year I could not apply to IIMs as I took my GMAT late. Planning to apply this year.

HI Guys,
I really wanna do MBA but from Prominent Institue like IIMs, ISB. My acads are decent 84 % in 10th, 78% in 12th , 67% in Engineering. Work exp of 8 yrs uptill now. How much score I need to have in GMAT. & wht preparation I need to start doing for Interviews. ( I know I will get a call only if I get good score but like to start preparation ). Can any one help me out.
AB

yes, that's pretty much the case.
In case you have any information which is not covered by their application form questions you can contact the adcom directly and ask them how to provide that info.

Hi,
I am planning to apply to PGPX class 2013. My profile :BE,MS, PhD. Currently working as a postdoctoral fellow at the University of Toronto. Total 4.5 years of work experience (2 year post-BE in India, 2.5 years post-PhD in Canada). Age: 35. Good extracurricular activities. Yet to take GMAT.

- I am unsure if I my research experience during PhD could also be considered as work experience for PGPX. I might not meet the eligibility requirements of IIMB's EPGP, if the resarch experience cannot be counted.

It would be great if I could get some of your perspective

Thanks,
lak

Hi,
Basic eligibility criteria is minimum age of 27 years . IIM A does not insist of minimum years of experience .
More detailed info can be obtained at IIMA official website:
FAQ - IIMA

Hi,
I am planning to apply to PGPX class 2013. My profile :BE,MS, PhD. Currently working as a postdoctoral fellow at the University of Toronto. Total 4.5 years of work experience (2 year post-BE in India, 2.5 years post-PhD in Canada). Age: 35. Good extracurricular activities. Yet to take GMAT.

- I am unsure if I my research experience during PhD could also be considered as work experience for PGPX. I might not meet the eligibility requirements of IIMB's EPGP, if the resarch experience cannot be counted.

Thanks,
lak

The eligibility criteria is minimum age of 27 years . IIMA does not insist of minimum years of work ex . More details can be found in IIMA official website

FAQ - IIMA

Thanks rajuatp
I heard back from adm comm., exp during PhD not considered only post-dgress exp. will be considered.

Hi Lak,

People who have done Phd and Masters are given a leeway on experience as adcom counts their research experience...

Get a gud GMAT score in excess of 700+ and you shud be set for shortlisting ......:cheers:

Cheers

MKA

Hi,

Thanks,
lak

Hi Lak,

People who have done Phd and Masters are given a leeway on experience as adcom counts their research experience...

Get a gud GMAT score in excess of 700+ and you shud be set for shortlisting ......:cheers:

In our batch we have Phds and CAs who have got in thru lesser experience

Cheers

MKA

Hi,

Thanks,
lak

Hi MKA,
I gather IIMA PGPX students would be on their own in searching for placements unlike IIMA PGP students. Is that true?
Are the IIMA PGPX students clubbed with the companies visiting the campus for lateral placements of IIMA PGP program, in effect competing with IIMA PGP experienced students ?

-
lchinta

What is the minimum GMAT score, to get a call from IIMA PGPX?
I have 8 yrs of IT experience, out of which last 4 years have been in US.

Does anyone know how the placements are going for the 1 year MBAs? Or how they were in the previous years.

Mainly with a breakup of total students participated, total students getting offers, avg salary (min and max salary would be a better metric) for schools like

IIMA PGPX
ISB PGP
IIMB EPGP
IIMC PGPEX
IIML IPMX
XLRI GMP
SPJain PGPM

Of what I heard, none of the school except IIMA PGPX program had 100% placements.
Any data on this would be helpful

very much true, I have been hearing about the IIM's PGP placement doing well this year. No news about the 1 year program as yet. ISB seem to have extended their placement window until June 2011, i.e. 3 months after graduation.

Lak

Does anyone know how the placements are going for the 1 year MBAs? Or how they were in the previous years.

Mainly with a breakup of total students participated, total students getting offers, avg salary (min and max salary would be a better metric) for schools like

IIMA PGPX
ISB PGP
IIMB EPGP
IIMC PGPEX
IIML IPMX
XLRI GMP
SPJain PGPM

Of what I heard, none of the school except IIMA PGPX program had 100% placements.
Any data on this would be helpful