IIMA PGPX (1 Yr Full Time MBA) Class of 2015 aspirants

This thread is for all those who aspire to be part of the 11th ranked Global MBA program ( FT Rankings, 2011 ; 2012 ) in the world . Keep posting all your queries and any information about IIM A PGPX . Inside IIMA PGPX

This thread is for all those who aspire to be part of the 11th ranked Global MBA program ( FT Rankings, 2011 ; 2012 ) in the world . Keep posting all your queries and any information about IIM A PGPX .

Inside IIMA PGPX

Hi Puys,

I am planning to apply 2014-15 Pgpx program, just to give a head up on my profile

My profile : B.tech Chem

Work Ex : Currently 13.5 Years, while joining PGPX i will be having 14.9 Years.

Industry worked : Oil & gas, Construction & Manfacturing.

Role : Sales - BD & Marketing

International Exp : None , but I am handling BD for 4 Countries from India for the last 4 Years.

Other EC : Nothing specific

GMAT : 660

Current CTC : >21 Lacs

Other : Six Sigma Green Belt

Team Handling : Managerial Role - 9 years - Current Team size -12.

Pondering Questions:

1) Is it worth to go for a Full time1 Year program with close 15 years exp. ( It is always

individual opinion to pursue). However whats the reality??

2) How abt placement opportunites, as i see from placement reports the avg CTC is 27 Lacs.

Rgds

Pgpxpal

http://www.rediff.com/getahead/slide-show/slide-show-1-career-things-you-did-not-know-about-one-year-mba-programme/20130114.htm
http://www.rediff.com/getahead/slide-show/slide-show-1-career-one-year-mba-truth-about-placement-figures/20130125.htm

My profile:

GMAT 680. Work-ex: 10 years 3 months (in Aug 2013) - International experience = 1 year

Currently in Telecom sector as Sr. Manager. Previously worked in IT services.

Six Sigma Black Belt, PMP, PRINCE2, CFA L2 candidate

Already completed MBA (from the UK), but still want to pursue IIM-A for a change in career track

Decent extra-curriculars

What is my chance of getting shortlisted? My GMAT is not 700+

Hi,

I am targeting 2015-16 batch, 14-15 is already over, my profile is :

B.Tech (E&C;)

Working with a Telecom SW major

Work EX : 10 Years (now), 11 years by the time I apply

Business Development/Key account Management Role

International Exposure : Managed acquisition of a Development Centre in China, openend another in Vietnam, Account, I am managing is european. Have not stayed abroad for long, but travelled

GMAT : 710

Team Handeling : None.. (individual role with multifunctional exposure)

CTC: ~20Lacs

Would it be worth targeting IIMA,B, C one year program and ISB and waiting for another year?

Any candidates shortlisted for interviews?

When I upload the essays I get the message that the essays are updated successfully but then the text do not show in the field. Anyone else experiencing the same?
I tried firefox and internet explorer browsers.

I am a sailing captain from the merchant navy and I just gave my gmat and got 730. I plan to apply for the PGPEX plan in IIM C. I would like to know the kind of jobs that candidates from the merchant navy normally get. If I am put in touch with someone with a similar background as mine, it would be fantastic.

Abhi

hello guys, i have done masters in computer science from USA and have 8.5 yrs of international experience (all in the US ) from fortune 500 companies..

Can you guys help me with the salary expectation i should have after doing the 1 yr residential MBA in IT from IIM ABC, SPjain and IIM lucknow..Please advise!

Hi, I have been admitted to IIMA PGPX program. I am trying to decide whether to bring my family (wife and 4 year old) along with me to the campus or to go single for the duration of program. I would appreciate any opinions of seniors in this regard.

Srinivas

Hi All,

I am an EPGP, IIMB alumni from the 2nd batch. Congratulations to all who are selected. I am sure you guys are readying yourself for an exciting ride.

I Just wanted to caution you about the Educataion loan blues I am facing with Credila. They have the worst services even as compared to SBI and they charge almost one of the highest rates. While offering they were the lowest but after 2-3 years they had the highest rate as compared to the peers.

No response to issues, even after payment they continue to charge the interest for several days, no communications at all even of interest rate changes, heavy penalties even for a single day delay., several such problems.

I heard a few people planning to take edu loan from Credila and hence thought of sharing my experience.

Thanks,

Hi All

I am also planning for a Executive MBA.I have few queries

1) I have already done my MBA in India (not from an elite one, ranked in top 30-40 in most rankings including pagalguy). So i am now targeting only IIMA or European bschools which have 1 year MBA program. (I dont want to give 2 years of my time again for MBA, which is the requirement in many US bschools).Do these bschools accept candidates who have already done PGDM(MBA equivalent)?
2) I have only 5 years of work exp so far. 1.5 pre mba and 3.5 years post mba. Will it meet the cutoff. I am finding the average age of candidates in PGPX to be around 34 with around 10 years of work ex?😲
3) My GMAT score is 710. I believe i will just make the cut but certainly is not an impressive score.Do i need to try again??

Thanks in advance for your help.