IIMA PGPX (1 Yr Full Time MBA) Class of 2015 aspirants (PGPX 2014-15)

PGPX 2014-15 results have been declared. *For all admits and wait listed*, please join google group by clicking on the link below: https://groups.google.com/d/forum/iimapgpx9(Alternatively, you can also send me a PM with your email id, and I w...

PGPX 2014-15 results have been declared. For all admits and wait listed, please join google group by clicking on the link below:

https://groups.google.com/d/forum/iimapgpx9

(Alternatively, you can also send me a PM with your email id, and I will send you an invite)

All others seeking admission next year in PGPX10(2015-16), please go to forum below to post your queries:

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/iima-pgpx-1-yr-full-time-mba-class-of-2016-aspirants-pgpx-2015-16-25111979

Hi Puys,

I am planning to apply 2014-15 Pgpx program, just to give a head up on my profile

My profile : B.tech Chem

Work Ex : Currently 13.5 Years, while joining PGPX i will be having 14.9 Years.

Industry worked : Oil & gas, Construction & Manfacturing.

Role : Sales - BD & Marketing

International Exp : None , but I am handling BD for 4 Countries from India for the last 4 Years.

Other EC : Nothing specific

GMAT : 660

Current CTC : >21 Lacs

Other : Six Sigma Green Belt

Team Handling : Managerial Role - 9 years - Current Team size -12.

Pondering Questions:

1) Is it worth to go for a Full time1 Year program with close 15 years exp. ( It is always

individual opinion to pursue). However whats the reality??

2) How abt placement opportunites, as i see from placement reports the avg CTC is 27 Lacs.

Rgds

Pgpxpal

Hi All,

Looks like I didn't miss much on this thread. I thought the thread may created in Feb 2013 but it is so nice see this thread early. Will follow the thread religiously as I am an aspirant for 2015 pgpx.

Thanks

Hello,

My profile:
X : 68.13%
XII : 77.50%
B.E : 60.6 % (Pune University)- No IIT/NIT

Work Expr: 4.5 Yrs will reach to more than 5 while time of applying.

Extra Curriculars : Few ( Winners of robotics Competition, Football, Cricket winners medal)
Awards & achievements : Couple of certificates & Awards from company.
Got an early promotion in the company. (If that counts )

Planning to take GMAT.

Also have entrepreneurial experience of 1 yrs in Green energy projec.

Is my profile ok?
What other stuff do I need to do in this Year to improve my profile?

Hey,

Good to see the group for the class of 2015 already started,

To introduce myself:

I am an investment banker working for one of the top domestic firms. I have completed post graduate program in finance from a Mumbai based institute and engineering from Mumbai University. I have been working for in the capital markets sector for the last 5 years.

I am aiming for the PGPX program next year and have just started preparing for the GMAT.

I wanted to know what is the last month in 2013 that I can take the GMAT exam to be in time for the application deadline at IIM Ahmedabad.

Best,
ENDisBEER

Hello,

I'm quite new to this site and this forum. I intend to apply for the IIMA PGPX 2014-15 and will start posting my queries once the thread is active.

I found the placement brochure for the current batch which may be useful to the people on this thread. Please find it at the link below:

http://www.iimahd.ernet.in/users/placement/files/PGPX%20VII%20Placement%20Brocure%202012%20-%2013.pdf

Best,
ENDisBEER

Hi Guys,Took my 1st attempt GMAT yesterday and scored 680.
At lot of places on several forums, it is told that GMAT is a part of application process. Question is even if it gets a weightage of only 25%, how are the scores judged?
Does a 680-IT candidate has realistic chance in PGPX..what do you think?
regards

Does anyone have any view on what is the latest date we can take the GMAT to meet the August 10 deadline of IIMA PGPX?

@ENDisBEER :
Hi, For august 10 deadline, you should finish exam by 20th July as it takes around 20 days for the score to reach the institute.
Hope it helps.

Regards

@MissionIIM2014
Thanks

@pgpxpal: Hi pal, inputs from my end:
Your profile takes the cake on experience and field front, so you are perfectly suited to apply for PGPX.
PGPX program is exclusively for top management role so it would be an ideal program for you.
1 year prgram in India is very much same as 2 years prgram from number of contact hours perspective. Ranked at 11 in the world is a bonus altogether.
Your GMAT score is lower than the avg GMAT score of PGPX prgam, so to increase chances may be you can plan for one more shot of GMAT and try to reach coveted 700 score.
From my perspective avg CTC is no indication of placement that you will have, i think you should search for a couple of profiles in linkedin and talk to the PGPX graduates who have similar profiles as yours.
@pgpxpal said:
Hi Puys,I am planning to apply 2014-15 Pgpx program, just to give a head up on my profileMy profile : B.tech ChemWork Ex : Currently 13.5 Years, while joining PGPX i will be having 14.9 Years.Industry worked : Oil & gas, Construction & Manfacturing.Role : Sales - BD & MarketingInternational Exp : None , but I am handling BD for 4 Countries from India for the last 4 Years.Other EC : Nothing specificGMAT : 660 Current CTC : >21 LacsOther : Six Sigma Green BeltTeam Handling : Managerial Role - 9 years - Current Team size -12.Pondering Questions:1) Is it worth to go for a Full time1 Year program with close 15 years exp. ( It is always individual opinion to pursue). However whats the reality??2) How abt placement opportunites, as i see from placement reports the avg CTC is 27 Lacs.RgdsPgpxpal
@sushilpatil86 said:
Hello,My profile:X : 68.13%XII : 77.50%B.E : 60.6 % (Pune University)- No IIT/NIT Work Expr: 4.5 Yrs will reach to more than 5 while time of applying.Extra Curriculars : Few ( Winners of robotics Competition, Football, Cricket winners medal)Awards & achievements : Couple of certificates & Awards from company. Got an early promotion in the company. (If that counts )Planning to take GMAT.Also have entrepreneurial experience of 1 yrs in Green energy projec.Is my profile ok?What other stuff do I need to do in this Year to improve my profile?
@sushilpatil86 said:
Hello,My profile:X : 68.13%XII : 77.50%B.E : 60.6 % (Pune University)- No IIT/NIT Work Expr: 4.5 Yrs will reach to more than 5 while time of applying.Extra Curriculars : Few ( Winners of robotics Competition, Football, Cricket winners medal)Awards & achievements : Couple of certificates & Awards from company. Got an early promotion in the company. (If that counts )Planning to take GMAT.Also have entrepreneurial experience of 1 yrs in Green energy projec.Is my profile ok?What other stuff do I need to do in this Year to improve my profile?
Hi Sushil,

You didnt mention which is your industry. That would help. Entrepreneurship experience and early promotions do count. For PGPX, 27 years+ is the qualifying criteria. Apart from that rest is similar to an IIM(Indian IT male) profile.
Hence GMAT score is crucial at this point...so concentrate on GMAT for the moment and take rest of the application thereafter.

regards
@MissionIIM2014 Hello,
My work Exp:
1. 19 Months in Mechanical Industry as a Design & production Engineer.
2. 36 Months in IT as Analyst.

Thanks for ur reply....
I am aware that being a Indian IT Male is a Curse....
I am preparing for CAT-13 & GMAT both.
I am well aware of CAT but for GMAT I am lil on a amateur side....

When should I plan my GMAT so as to apply all good Exec courses?
I know this is a stupid question but still asking... Is one month of preparation enough after I complete with CAT preparation?
@sushilpatil86
@sushilpatil86 said:
@MissionIIM2014 Hello,My work Exp:1. 19 Months in Mechanical Industry as a Design & production Engineer.2. 36 Months in IT as Analyst.Thanks for ur reply....I am aware that being a Indian IT Male is a Curse....I am preparing for CAT-13 & GMAT both.I am well aware of CAT but for GMAT I am lil on a amateur side....When should I plan my GMAT so as to apply all good Exec courses?I know this is a stupid question but still asking... Is one month of preparation enough after I complete with CAT preparation?
Hi Sushil,

Couple of points;
1. You should think hard on this, whether you wish to do one year course or 2 years course since each program caters to different needs. For an experienced person a 1-year MBA will be good, but if you are just say 25-26, may be you would like to go for 2 years MBA. Again there are pros and cons for both.
2. CAT or GMAT; i assume you are taking CAT so you are inclined towards 2 years, because for one year, GMAT is the exam to go for.
3. From preparation perspective: Its completely different approach for GMAT than for CAT. 1 month is a less time as you should give considerable time for understanding of the exam, patterns...after all so many elite institutes accepting GMAT score and basing their decisions on GMAT as one of the criteria...koi to baat hogi:)
4. All the applications will close by oct last week, i think XLRI is the only one which closes towards the end of december...the IIMA PGPX program closes in the last week of august so you should plan accordingly, to be in time for IIMA onwards..

Lastly, consider your personal situation, and give a hard look on which program you wish to go for. If you think 2 years Indian program is the way out, go for CAT else GMAT is the exam for you. Remember that in GMAT you will need at least 700 to be on safer side for most of the programs. There are people who prepare for 6 months and still don't cross the barrier. Not to discourage you but to tell you the nature of big challenge.

Hope the above information helps.

Kind regards

@MissionIIM2014 Thanks for the quick response....
My priority is a 1 year course but I can't keep 2 years MBA option close by not taking CAT.
Could you please suggest an approach so that I can prepare for both?
By one month I was trying to say, Complete one month only for GMAT mocks as I would have completed the course for CAT by then.
I really have to give both CAT & GMAT, please help me with an approach/plan...
@sushilpatil86
@sushilpatil86 said:
@MissionIIM2014 Thanks for the quick response....My priority is a 1 year course but I can't keep 2 years MBA option close by not taking CAT.Could you please suggest an approach so that I can prepare for both?By one month I was trying to say, Complete one month only for GMAT mocks as I would have completed the course for CAT by then.I really have to give both CAT & GMAT, please help me with an approach/plan...
Hi Sushil, i understand what you r saying but its really difficult to prepare for both together...do one thing...for next two days read some of the blogs on crackverbal.com and beatthegmat.com... just think that you wish to know something about GMAT, how is it and the approach forward etc...after you are done with reading on these, we will discuss it further...deal?

regards
@MissionIIM2014 Thanks a lot bro....