IIMA PGP Batch 2007-09 Welcome to WIMWI

All IIM A final admits please post here… Congrats to everyone who have landed at IIM A… Post your intros here and your cities of origin… Bask in the glory guys…Enjoy these two month before you head for WIMWI !!! Guahahahah…

All IIM A final admits please post here.....
Congrats to everyone who have landed at IIM A...
Post your intros here and your cities of origin...

Bask in the glory guys....Enjoy these two month before you head for WIMWI !!!

Guahahahaha
-Titto aka Tejas
Dorm 7, Room 8

Hi Tejas
Sorry if this out of context, and if it sounds rude. But I am in dilemma and I need your help.
Can you give me a few reasons why should I join A and not C.

I would like to welcome all the people who are joining IIM-A. see you guys in June,

I am wait-listed at 11. Seniors please tell my chances. Last year I heard the wait-list moved till 15. Had BLACKI calls got kicked in B and C. converted LKI though. A is my only hope in big 3. Thanks in Advance

Hi Tejas
Sorry if this out of context, and if it sounds rude. But I am in dilemma and I need your help.

It is very much in context. I had the same dilemma last year. However I think PG forum does not encourage such B-School comaprisons anymore. You will however have lot of oppurtunity to learn all that you need to know about the 2 B-Schools. In a day or so, you will be joining the e-groups of both the institutes and you can take up the discussion there. And you would also probably have a city meet for IIM-C before last day for acceptance. A meets would be I fear typically after the last day for acceptance of C and B.
rajvikram2007 Says
I am wait-listed at 11. Seniors please tell my chances. Last year I heard the wait-list moved till 15. Had BLACKI calls got kicked in B and C. converted LKI though. A is my only hope in big 3. Thanks in Advance

Seniors also have the same info that it cleared till 15 last year. depends on how the other candidates behave. Maybe if you can get some good IIM-C senior to convince soumyjyothi to take IIM-C in favour of IIM-A, your chances would improve.

But IIM-A lists would move only after classes start as the registration fee is just Rs. 500 and every one register anyway.
Seniors also have the same info that it cleared till 15 last year. depends on how the other candidates behave. Maybe if you can get some good IIM-C senior to convince soumyjyothi to take IIM-C in favour of IIM-A, your chances would improve.

But IIM-A lists would move only after classes start as the registration fee is just Rs. 500 and every one register anyway.

right said :)wait and watch till registration day !!!

And needless to say....ppl please feel free to fire your queries here.....mentionin this since soumyajyoti thot that asking queries was out of context 😃

moi thru A.. and i dont want any reasons... coz i hav no other converts..

who carez

time for intro

name : gaurav
Edu Qual : Bcom, CA, CFA L1 (L2 in June)
work ex : 2 years work ex by june (1 year in a US hedge fund as a buy side analyst)
state of mind : elated

Finally the dream has come true ... its 5/5 for me ..

Am thru....got A and C(PGDCM)
going to WIMWI

moi thru A.. and i dont want any reasons... coz i hav no other converts..

who carez

Congrats buzzeG

Hello Puys...

Had never thought that i would be posting on this thread...But here i am now...

Same query as Soumyajyoti. Have got A and C (PGDM)... any senior willing to help out? Will send a PM to avoid comparisons on PG...

Anyway, all the guys who have got through...Heartiest congratulations... Let us rock WIMWI now...

PS: And yes, tons of thanks to PG...i do not think it would have been possible without it...PG rocks...

I got through too and needless to say, will be joining... congrats to all !!

Calls LACKI... converted all...

percentile 99.71... break up... 99.8 99.8 99.9 approx...

Electronics engineer by back ground... 06 passout... workin in Cisco... 10 months work ex...

congrats to all who have made it through to WIMWI. you've got through the best, and you deserve it totally. now its time for you to let your hair loose, relax for a few weeks before you come and join the grind.

feel free to PM me for any queries... i was a waitlister last year, so in case of any queries, i'll try my level best to clarify them. you would do good to go through the WL thread from last year.

all those who are through, please post your details (name, age, background, calls, converts, et al) out here. would like to get to know you guys better. it'll take a coupla days for the official yahoogroup to be up and running, so we can interact out here till then.

there's another thread for IIMA converts:
http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/cat-and-related-discussion/22836-iim-a-results-out-2.html#post762246

lets stick to one thread? it makes things easier. you guys are free to choose which one...

once again, congrats. we all look forward to seeing you in june.

qwiky.

rajvikram2007 Says

WL 11 could be touch and go. last time, the waitlist had cleared till WL16 or 17, but from WL7 to WL17, only 4 people had joined.

the main reason is, as the raven said, because the confirmation fees for IIMA is just 500, so everyone who's got a call confirms. so if people are not joining, we get to know that only a few days before classes start. last year, the last few waitlisters were converted only on june 21st, 4 days before classes started.

however, your chances would depend on the choices of the multiIIM converters. keep a close lookout at that out here over the next few weeks.

I got through WIMWI...

Got rejected from B and C but that does not matter now.. :)

To introduce myself..

Name: Hrisheekesh Sabnis (nickname Sabby or Hrishi from IITB)
Calls: BLACKI (99.88%ile)
Converts: ALKI
Background: B.Tech (Chem) from IITB; passed out in 2006 and now working in Bangalore since last July. Dreaming since the last year to get into WIMWI and finally making it through! Feels like heaven..
HomeTown: Mumbai (u see i was a localite in IITB :))

Eager to meet you all soon...

Hi Tejas

soumya before i give u ne suggestion, can u tell me ne reasons specific to u in favour of ur joining C, it wud narrow down our scope of discussion (no sarcasm,,, i am genuinely asking)
Hello Puys...

Had never thought that i would be posting on this thread...But here i am now...

Same query as Soumyajyoti. Have got A and C (PGDM)... any senior willing to help out? Will send a PM to avoid comparisons on PG...

Anyway, all the guys who have got through...Heartiest congratulations... Let us rock WIMWI now...

PS: And yes, tons of thanks to PG...i do not think it would have been possible without it...PG rocks...

u can PM me

Name: Gagandeep Singh
Calls: BLACKI
Convert: BLACKI
IITK CS, 99.99% overall (100% QA, 99.5 DI, 99.4 EU)
Working in Amazon right now.
Joining WIMWI.