IIMA Confluence 2005 - Suggestions, Feedback, Comments...

Hlo pagaljunta, People who have attended confluence 2005, do pour in with ur comments and suggestions on the conduct of the event. Please refrain from any comparisons across other institutes and stick to giving feedback that can help us wimwians…

Hlo pagaljunta,
People who have attended confluence 2005, do pour in with ur comments and suggestions on the conduct of the event. Please refrain from any comparisons across other institutes and stick to giving feedback that can help us wimwians to figure out what improvements we can make for confluence-2006.
We all have worked extremely hard at making the whole experience of the event and IIMA very enjoyable for everyone. So please forgive any oversights or errors on our part.
The highpoints of the event according to me where
1.The list of high profile speakers
2.The Chinese team "Dragons" winning the overall excellence prize (These guys were really good - There was an event Innovations beyond the horizon for which a game was used at a prelim stage; The participants were supposed to build a structure on which a marble was to be dropped and it was supposed to take maximum amount of time to fall back on the ground - The material for the structure were provided by us - a wooden board, lots of paper, match boxes, fevicol,staplers,straws etc. Most teams came up with elaborate contraptions which essentially let the marble roll across a track or gradually fall down. The Chinese team just pasted to straws parallel to each other(like a rail) and poured fevicol on the path :idea: .They easily won the round.
3.Bizquizitive conducted by Harsha-(He was simply superb)
Could not be part of the competitive events since i was part of the organizing committee.

Andy.

The event was really good.
To me the most the most engrossing part of the events were :

1> the high profile speakers. no doubt about that when you have names like Mr Mukesh Ambani, Mr Vijay Mallay, Mr Arun Shourie, Mr Deepak Parekh, Mr Suni Mittal etc. taking over the dais

2> The Biz Quiz

3> Dandiya night

4> The Innovation on the horizon game

1> Have some more on the spot games(which are not played online)
2> This feedback is about mousetrap, the details of the final round transactions were not published. If some more transparency could be achieved in the online games.
3> Some informal talks could be organised as part of the event

P.S. well dont know if the coordinators were very keen on spotting the Dragons, there was another team - Team NITIE GRITTY which also worked on the same lines and were able to clear the round using just one resource - Fevicol.
Just cut the fevicol from top and bottom and drop the marble from top end. It tool 31 seconds to touch the ground and move the team to the next round.

Saurav Mahajan
--------------------------------
Perfection is our goal,
Excellence wont be tolerated

P.S. well dont know if the coordinators were very keen on spotting the Dragons, there was another team - Team NITIE GRITTY which also worked on the same lines and were able to clear the round using just one resource - Fevicol.
Just cut the fevicol from top and bottom and drop the marble from top end. It tool 31 seconds to touch the ground and move the team to the next round.

Saurav Mahajan
--------------------------------
Perfection is our goal,
Excellence wont be tolerated

Was not aware of this. For the Chinese team it took more than 3 mins for the marble to roll down (afaik they won the event by a big margin). I really dont know the details of mousetrap- so can't comment on it; neways thanx for the feedback.
andy.

hey andy....

was there on all the three days...but could not stay for the quiz cause had to catch the bus....

dude..more on the spot events man...thats needed...cause there were long periods (coupla hours mainly) on all the three days where apart frm the finals of some case competition etc, there was nothing else happenning...

apart frm that...it was gr8...arun shourie and vijay mallya rocked the show...

cheers

Puneet

oh...and a debate competition...usually all bskool fests have them..

arun shourie sure rocked!!
and mallya's talk was also fun...
u missed the quiz dude..harsha was ossome!! so many witty remarks,pjs and xcellent rapport with the crowd and teams..
btw how was the stay, dorm dinner, facilities etc..ne suggestion wrt tht?..

andy.

missed on some things.. here they are:

Guys the IIMA campus is amazing..
u need to be there to believe it.. superb architecture, awesome library though i missed on sports facilities..

Stay was kewl and food was also quiet good..

the best part was dome dinner.. interacted with other B-Sshool guys there.. Luckily we went out with D2(gals dome).. so it was even more fun..

SRV

missed on some things.. here they are:

the best part was dome dinner.. interacted with other B-Sshool guys there.. Luckily we went out with D2(gals dome).. so it was even more fun..

SRV

Lucky guy!
my dorm was assigned Xl ki kudiyan initially...but after a re-assignment we had to contend with guys frm Nmims and xl..(bura mat manna doston)
andy

u missed the quiz dude..harsha was ossome!! so many witty remarks,pjs and xcellent rapport with the crowd and teams..
btw how was the stay, dorm dinner, facilities etc..ne suggestion wrt tht?..

andy.

Andy,

This non-Bschoolar agrees fully with you on this matter. Quiz was osomeeeeeeeee!! Harsha was at his best i suppose!! I liked the way he commented initially on victorious Secrets... And the mike part was simply unbeatable!! (going under the table and spekaing..remember?)I had fun answering few questions from audience too!!

Still, the best thing that happened to me was F-O-O-D (its something i always appreciate at IIMA mess). Also, met Sidhdharth Mahela who fetched $1.82 k...lucky chap!

Cud only meet Pendyal...wanted to meet u and khota..neways, its always next time.
Though I am not a B-school Student but i attended the Cofluence'05 because
of my curiosity about IIM-A guys.....it was the best lecture series that i have
attended ever.

1. Wonderful speakers
  2. Intelligent Audience
  3. Informative Q & A
  4. Awesome Infrastructure
  5. Great Quiz
  6. Delicious Food at A
  7. Convergence of "out of the box" ideas.
Really A is A

hey people
i was there at the confuence as a Delegate, was an awesome expereince.
well, i was attending this case contest of the Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation - Destination Ahmedabad (forgotten the name :P)
one thing which came to my mind was the fact that none of the groups mentioned about the NGO sector and its possible contribution in making the city the best in the country..
what i think is that Companies can be created for the economic development, but these companies won't be contributin towards the social development of the city, which i think is an equally important aspect ..

I'd love it if u guys could put in your thoughts about this aspect!!

bye

Adi

oh...the dorms rocked....and so did the food....no probs with that.....

Cofluence was gr8

LiveStock was a gr8 concept

Anyways, the results could definitely have come out faster but as they say alls well when u get 50K in the end 😃

I am a big fan of Arun Shourie ...Can sum1 post the transcript of his speech???
10x in advance...