IIM Ranchi: Applications and Queries 2011-13

Hello Puys :: Welcome to IIM Ranchi ! Any queries with regards to IIM Ranchi, feel free to post here ! FAQs: Life here: First peek into IIM Ranchi | PaGaLGuY.com - Indias biggest website for MBA in India, International MBA,…

Hello Puys

Welcome to IIM Ranchi !

Any queries with regards to IIM Ranchi, feel free to post here !

FAQs:

Life here:
First peek into IIM Ranchi | PaGaLGuY.com - Indias biggest website for MBA in India, International MBA, CAT, XAT, SNAP, MAT

Current Batch Strength : 44 students

Mentor Institute - IIM Calcutta

Director : Prof M J Xavier (Past - Director PGPM - Great Lakes)

Last Year's Cutoff:

CAT 2009 : 99.65 %ile (General Category)

Also please refrain from comparing with other institutes .

Shooooooooot !

Cau u plese tell me about cutoffs for OBC category nd is there any sectional cutoff....

uniqueinstinct Says
Cau u plese tell me about cutoffs for OBC category nd is there any sectional cutoff....

Is there any academic cutoff, like HSC, SSC.
uniqueinstinct Says

ranchi didnot have any sectional cutoffs. that is the main reason of its cutt off being 98.65%ile

OBC cutoff is not going to be much different from general cutoff. may be it will be around 97%ile
am i correct bkd.exe?

all other IIMs have sectional cutoffs, that is where ranchi stands unique

what is the fees of current batch?

uniqueinstinct Says

The cutoff for OBC category was 96.91

QA : 67.73
LR : 74.37
VA: 60.39
black_n_white Says
Is there any academic cutoff, like HSC, SSC.

IIM Ranchi and IIM Calcutta dont make you pay for your past sins !

If you are good enough to crack CAT, you are good enough to join the family !
ranchi didnot have any sectional cutoffs. that is the main reason of its cutt off being 98.65%ile

OBC cutoff is not going to be much different from general cutoff. may be it will be around 97%ile
am i correct bkd.exe?

all other IIMs have sectional cutoffs, that is where ranchi stands unique

Every IIM has sectional cutoffs .. also the overall cutoff was 99.65 and not 98.65 as mentioned by you !
This happens to be the highest for any IIM ever.

The sectionals cutoff for general were AFAIK
QA: Min 80 Percentile
VA : Min 80 Percentile
DI : Min 85 Percentile

OA as I mentioned 99.65 Percentile
abhadani Says
what is the fees of current batch?

The fees for the current batch is just 6 lacs per annum.

This should remain the same for the next batch too but I would need to confirm this !
The fees for the current batch is just 6 lacs per annum.

This should remain the same for the next batch too but I would need to confirm this !

Would the sectional cutoffs remain more or less the same this year ??
If not, I hope not as high as 92 or something ??
Would the sectional cutoffs remain more or less the same this year ??
If not, I hope not as high as 92 or something ??

Ideally speaking it shouldnt go as high as 92 ...

but it could be close to min of 85 each sectional..

and hopefully acads would have no role to play ... but these things are not yet confirmed as of now.. Give me some time I would need to confirm

are you sure acads dont carry much weightage?

i have average acads which are worrying me

are you sure acads dont carry much weightage?

i have average acads which are worrying me

Average Acads shouldnt be a problem uptil the interview stage for Calcutta and Ranchi (even Rohtak, if I remember correctly)

But in the interview, you need to justify with a good enough reason for the same... What are you acads like ?

You will find all the cutoff's in the document. Now is not the right time to dwell on the sectional cutoff's. CAT is around one month away and full concentration should be on how to best crack it. And people if you have any queries regarding CAT(how to crack it--we have a lot of veteran CAT crackers here!!) please feel free to ask..

ravipandey4u Says
You will find all the cutoff's in the document. Now is not the right time to dwell on the sectional cutoff's. CAT is around one month away and full concentration should be on how to best crack it. And people if you have any queries regarding CAT(how to crack it--we have a lot of veteran CAT crackers here!!) please feel free to ask..

alright sirji..
leme discuss my problem here
m gud at quant.. but in the mocks i tend 2 v v careless mistakes.. if its a tuf paper i end up solving 15 ques bt still my accuracy comes out 2 b v low..
if its easy out of 18 ques attemptd again it comes out 2 b barely 60-70% silly mistakes..
& m nt abl 2 maximise fm my strongest sec
& since a mock whr i scord v less marks in LRDI , i'v dvlopd a fear 4 it & m nt abl 2 solve sets anymore, wn i luk back at my 1st tests , i m amazd 2 fynd dt i cud L3 tests 2 wid ease!! & nw L2 bhi kabhi kabhi atak jate hain :(

regarding verbal if i give more time it seems fine , i end up attempting more than 16 with an accuracy of 60-70%..
but with less time it drops to 40-50%
& i'v kept changing my order of the exam..
m nt at all tensd in eng wenevr i giv it, bt if m nt abl 2 do justice 2 quant, i ruin my entire paper!!
guidance please 😃

Sounds like deja-vu in quants section.My advice to you is that you can decrease your speed somewhat in quants and increase ur accuracy..One thing that you should always kep in mind is that in quants the accuracy that you should aim for is 100%..nothing less would do..now let us say the paper(20 ques) is easy, attempt 14-15 questions with 100% accuracy, and you will find that you will get a decent percentile. If the paper is difficult-attempt 9-11 questions and you will end up with better than decent %ile(in CAT 09 44% accuracy would have fetched you in exess of 98.5%ile)..now when you start hitting 100% accuracy then slowly increase your speed..even if you attempt 60% questions correctly in an easy paper you will get a decent %ile!!

In DI just practise..if you are afraid of L3(assuming that it means Level 3) then first solve the whole L2 set you can grab hold of..if it is L2 then again do the previous step..after getting a command over L2 master the L3..and one more suggestion- u can maybe glance the questions before reading the caselet..

alright sirji..
leme discuss my problem here
m gud at quant.. but in the mocks i tend 2 v v careless mistakes.. if its a tuf paper i end up solving 15 ques bt still my accuracy comes out 2 b v low..
if its easy out of 18 ques attemptd again it comes out 2 b barely 60-70% silly mistakes..
& m nt abl 2 maximise fm my strongest sec
& since a mock whr i scord v less marks in LRDI , i'v dvlopd a fear 4 it & m nt abl 2 solve sets anymore, wn i luk back at my 1st tests , i m amazd 2 fynd dt i cud L3 tests 2 wid ease!! & nw L2 bhi kabhi kabhi atak jate hain :(

regarding verbal if i give more time it seems fine , i end up attempting more than 16 with an accuracy of 60-70%..
but with less time it drops to 40-50%
& i'v kept changing my order of the exam..
m nt at all tensd in eng wenevr i giv it, bt if m nt abl 2 do justice 2 quant, i ruin my entire paper!!
guidance please :)

Guys, I came across the gd/pi form for iim ranchi on the iim-c website.

http://www.iimcal.ac.in/GDPI_Form_%20RANCHI.pdf

In the family income section the income of the applicant is also asked for. Then how would an nc-obc candidate justify the "nc" part. Cos if he includes his own income and his father's then surely it will cross 4.5 lpa. When I made the nc-obc certificate everywhere I read that it is only ur parent's income that counts and not yours.
Could you guys plz clarify this.
Thanks 😃

Guys, I came across the gd/pi form for iim ranchi on the iim-c website.

http://www.iimcal.ac.in/GDPI_Form_%20RANCHI.pdf

In the family income section the income of the applicant is also asked for. Then how would an nc-obc candidate justify the "nc" part. Cos if he includes his own income and his father's then surely it will cross 4.5 lpa. When I made the nc-obc certificate everywhere I read that it is only ur parent's income that counts and not yours.
Could you guys plz clarify this.

You dont need to worry abt that .. That part of the GD PI form is just to check your eligibility for a scholarship .. Ahemdabad and Calcutta have a process wherein students are allowed avail scholarship based on merit or means .. ranchi did not have it this year as the fees was just 6 lacs for 2 years .. Over some years .. you could expect IIM ranchi to come out with such a proposal too !

All the best
You dont need to worry abt that .. That part of the GD PI form is just to check your eligibility for a scholarship .. Ahemdabad and Calcutta have a process wherein students are allowed avail scholarship based on merit or means .. ranchi did not have it this year as the fees was just 6 lacs for 2 years .. Over some years .. you could expect IIM ranchi to come out with such a proposal too !

All the best

Yessir, just "six lakhs".
Being a true NC-OBC, I find your just amusing. I am not one of those guys who show up to the admissions office in simple clothes and an obc certificate and then show up to the college the next day in a mercedes benz.
Jokes apart, I do understand your "just". Compared to the fees of the other iim's (and even other private schools)this is quite less.
Wonderful percentile bkd . Rock Ranchi 😃