IIM Lucknow-Noida Campus IPMX-II : Admission process and beyond-2009-2010

Hi All! I am starting this new thread to start off our journey for IIML IMPX. This would be the second batch from IIML and there are only 50 seats.(Info wrt to last years fig) Judging by the popularity of ISB,IIMA and IIMC PGPX 1 yr programs which…

Hi All! I am starting this new thread to start off our journey for IIML IMPX. This would be the second batch from IIML and there are only 50 seats.(Info wrt to last years fig) Judging by the popularity of ISB,IIMA and IIMC PGPX 1 yr programs which have created a new demand for 1 yr management programs in India,am sure IIML would also attract similar Talents to the programs,Though absence of family accommodationt on campus and a relatively smaller batch strength may be a be a a bit of a dampner( atleast for the married folks). I welcome all the prospective applicants to this thread and request them to post their short profile also

My stats: GMAT: Yet to Write,Got a date in Oct,before the 1st Nov deadline for submitting the applications
Work Ex: 6 Years
Domain-Retail Operations,Business development,Marketing
Industry-Retail (Product as well as Services)
Extracurricular: Good
Acads:Engineering & Retail management-Average
Diversity Quotient-Good
All the Best.Hope for fruitful interactions with all of you

Course Details are available on the IIML NC website http://iimlnc.ac.in/ipmx.php

Hi,

I am also in the race.

Profile:
B.tech (textile tech) + PG Diploma in international marketing
Work Ex - 15 years in Marketing predominantly exports
International Exposure - have traveled widely for business development only.
Extra Curricular - Good
Professional Achievement - Good
GMAT - Taking in October

Cheers!!!

smp123

Welcome SMP123,

15 years in Exports is surely a great experience.You can add lot of value and share experiences of Post Quota regime,how did it it effect india Export Houses,How India would cope with this situation.Am sure you would have travelled to China,you can build on that.

You also need to prepare-Why u want to do MBA-after 15 yrs of exp...

By the way when are u taking GMAT, i have my dte on 13th as of now, need to get my slot changed to an afternoon slot..

Am scoring 640-650 in tests as of now

ATB

Brand Manager

Hi
I am also an aspirant for IMPX this year.
GMAT- 670 ( Q-48. V-34) AWA- 5.00
9 year managerial experience in Commercial Banking
Acds- 61-65%

are there any chance with this GMAT score?

Hi
I am also an aspirant for IMPX this year.
GMAT- 670 ( Q-48. V-34) AWA- 5.00
9 year managerial experience in Commercial Banking
Acds- 61-65%

are there any chance with this GMAT score?

Welcome APS,

I would like to reiterate that interview invite is not based on a few parameters ,but hosts of issues are involved.

GMAt 670-On a lower side,but surely above cutoff range, Last year cutoff was 660( someone correct me if i am wrong)
Acads-61%-65% are not strong,but it depends on the degree u have done.If its CA,then it adds a lot of weigtage to ur application

9 years exp in Commercial Banking-a Definite Plus,as 70% applications are from IT background,and someone with sound knowledge of Banking would add value to the Batch.

Hope it helps

Rgds

Brand Manager

Hi,
What is the min workex required?

Welcome APS,

I would like to reiterate that interview invite is not based on a few parameters ,but hosts of issues are involved.

GMAt 670-On a lower side,but surely above cutoff range, Last year cutoff was 660( someone correct me if i am wrong)
Acads-61%-65% are not strong,but it depends on the degree u have done.If its CA,then it adds a lot of weigtage to ur application

9 years exp in Commercial Banking-a Definite Plus,as 70% applications are from IT background,and someone with sound knowledge of Banking would add value to the Batch.

Hope it helps

Rgds

Brand Manager
Hi,
What is the min workex required?

its 6 yrs

you can refer the site for more info

Course Details are available on the IIML NC website http://iimlnc.ac.in/ipmx.php

cheers

Dear Brand Manager,

Thanks for the inputs.
To elaborate.......
on the acdemics side I am a maths Hons graduate with 65% and an MBA with 64% from Gwalior University's Deppt of Mgmt in 1998. I have done CAIIB ( must for a banker) and a Diploma in treasury & risk management.

I started my career with Ealrstwhile Bank of Madura Later ICICI bank in 1999 as Mgmt Trainee after my MBA and went on to join SBI as PO in 2001. Since then I have been with SBI and worked in Corporate Credit, banking operations and currently a Manager in Forex Treasury dealing in forex derivatives.

I have not done anything worth mentioning on extra curricural front.

I will be 33 years in Nov this year with 9 years work Ex.

Although I am planning to retake GMAt before IPMX deadline but do you believe that with this profile, do I stand a chance to get a shortlist?

Rgds,

Abhay

Welcome APS,

Hope it helps

Rgds

Brand Manager

Hi Brand Manager,

I visited IIM L website but did not get any data about the placements of last year IPMX program.

Can you throw some light on it?

-guinap

Hi Abhay,

2 positives in your profile, SBI & ICICI, the No 1 & No 2 banks in India, One " Sarkari" as you say and another Private, so you have the the experience of working on both sides of the bank,With your hardcore finance background you can add lotsa value.

Inflation, Sub Prime Crisis, How to tackle Recession etc are obvious questions which could be asked if given an invite.

Age is not a deterant, I myself have turned 30 and i have 6 yrs exp,which is the eligibility criteria.

Extra curriculars need not be in school/college, incase you have had share of extra curricualr in Office you can showcase it, else your Hrdcore managerial exp would come handy( typically extra curriculars are a parameter to judge managerial capabilities)

All the Best for Retake,Enusre that you crack 720 plus

Cheers
Brand Manager

Hi M_Manas,

Since the 1st batch is undergoing its curriculum implies Placements have not taken place at IIML_noida till date,and thats why nothing is mentioned on the site.

I guess the scene would get clearer by mid Feb/March when placements typically happen on campuses in India.

So its gonna be a blind game, but with IIM equity, Locational Adv( Noida/NCR region) IIM team should be able to have good placements

All the Best,go ahead and apply

Hello All,

I have few queries :

1. When are placements scheduled for the current batch.

2. Is there a procedure of having telephonic or Out of India interviews like other similar programs.

3. As family accomodation is not available, is it mandatorily residential program. This question arises because the target age group is about 30 years and duration is one year and few people would be with kids and sector 62 is having lot of residential complexes around so even the personally arranged accomodation is not too different from campus accomodation.

Would be thankful for the answers.

Thanks and regards

Hi Saushi,

Pls find the reply to your queries

1/Placements-A present student should be able to throw some light-but keeping the trend across B _schools including ISB-Feb March is the Time when typically placements happen. ISB is moving to Rolling placements from this season.Also since its the first batch, no real info is available,which is concrete.

2/I guess facility of Telephonic Interview is available with IIML,Need to check some Old threads.You can simple drop in a mail to IIM admissions team-cant comment by when they would respond.

3/Its mandatory to stay on campus.Some people have shifted their families in Noida and they visit the families from time to time, depending on their schedule,Guess Night stay is not recommended.I also intend to shift my family to Noida, if selected.

Would urge participants to share info which is availbale with them

ATB

Brand Manager

Hi brandmanager,

Thanks for starting this thread. I was myself lookin for this kind of thread. I am an aspirant for this course. From IT industry, will have 7 years of experience by march2009. Planning to write GMAT by Sep-end.

ATB to all aspirants.

Hi brandmanager,

Thanks for starting this thread. I was myself lookin for this kind of thread. I am an aspirant for this course. From IT industry, will have 7 years of experience by march2009. Planning to write GMAT by Sep-end.

ATB to all aspirants.

Welcome Jathero,

I would request all prospective candidates to keep writing regularly and share info valuable to everyone.

Cheers
Brand manager
Hi brandmanager,

ATB to all aspirants.

Jathero,

Word of advice, Book your GMAt slot well in advance, if you have not done so till now.

I dont know about Tokyo, but situation in India is really bad, with slots hardly available

Just updated my profile!!!!!! Came back to India about 2 months back so my apologies for not updating the profile.

As for GMAT dates I am regularly watching mba.com site and because of cancellation there will always be few seats available for next week at least. However, there will no slots available for next 2 months or so. Thats why I am targetting Sep-end assuming that I will get some slots around third week of sep.

Just updated my profile!!!!!! Came back to India about 2 months back so my apologies for not updating the profile.

As for GMAT dates I am regularly watching mba.com site and because of cancellation there will always be few seats available for next week at least. However, there will no slots available for next 2 months or so. Thats why I am targetting Sep-end assuming that I will get some slots around third week of sep.

Well typically between 7-10 days lots of cancellations happen, u have adopted a good strategy, u would save money, unlike me who has got one slot changed and still not got the desired slot..

ATB

Thanks for starting this thread.

I have 12yrs experience in IT (8+ years of international experience). I plan to apply to IPMX in this year.

I could not find the IPMX application in IIML website. Please help me in locating the application.

Thanks