IIM Lucknow Noida Campus-Doubts/Query

Hello Guys, Can anybody tell me about the pattern of written test for IIM Lucknow Noida campus ?

Hello Guys,

Can anybody tell me about the pattern of written test for IIM Lucknow Noida campus ?

hi,

I think the exam(for 3 yr part-time course) will not be much different from CAT.

If anybody else can throw the light on the exam it will be highly beneficial.

Hi,
Let me know whether only part-time MBA has been started der.

Rgds,
Sunil.

Thanks for the info Jathero.

Sunil,

Yes only part-time is started dere

If any body who has cleared the exam plz throw some light on cut-off pattern of the exam

Yes pattern is similar to CAT but difficulty level is not that much. I think "RS Agarawal " is sufficient for this exam. you can read this i fit helps you :)
The M Blog: How did I get in?

Hi Puys

I am pursuing 3 yrs evening MBA from IIM Lucknow, Noida Campus. This course is essentially meant for experienced professionals (3+ yrs) and is one of the best in the country among this type of courses. The simplest logic you can think that if it is from IIM's then standard has to be world class and no doubt it has been able to fulfill the expectations.

In case, you have any query about the course, selection process or anything related to IIM L, Noida campus...I would be more than happy to answer the same. Just shoot here..................

hey hi...jst wnted to knw if the course is worth the effort and time to b put into...i mean wd the course b realy helpful in the growth rate in the IT industry fr sb havin 3 yrs wrk ex...

Hi Shiks

Definitely yes, this course is worth investing 3 yrs and 4.20 Lacs . The following are some of the positives about this course...
1. Most of the faculties are from IIM Lucknow except couple of profs.. And believe me these profs. from IIM-L are really best in their business.
2. Course curriculum is specifically designed for working professionals. The emphasis is more on real life problems/case study rather then bookish knowledge like regular MBA course.
3. Large campus started to work in Feb/Mar this year and has got all the facilities which an IIM provides like computer lab, library, centrally air-conditioned etc..
4. It's not like other part time course where they compromise on standard excuse that "time kahan milata hai yaar".....they make sure to make you completely overloaded with assignments, case studies, presentations.....
5. You don't learn from a single professor rather simultaneously learn from 59+1 (student+prof)...since on an average students have 7 yrs of work exp. and they are from diverse professions and knowledge. You are being expose to so many things at a single time.

But having said these....entire one should not make a mistake of comparing this course with any regular MBA course. Both the courses are very different from each other and have their own negatives & positives.

hi...thx fr ur apt reply...ws real hlpful..
also,plz guide as to whn to begin my prep..n wt al to focus on?
n if the test is eazier than CAT?
wd b realy nice if u cd jst suggest sm kinda study plan..
also,whn to begin GD/PI prep?aftr the ritten test or side by side as v dnt mch time b/w the test n d GD/PI dates...

Hi Shiks

Yes, the test pattern is exactly same as of CAT i.e. Eng, DI & Maths...difference lies in the difficulty level of the questions. If you are preparing/prepared for cat exam then this test would be like cake-walk for you. But you must remember that if difficulty level is easy for you then there is high probability that lots of other guys will also find it easy. And in the end, it all boils down to percentile for final call letters. :banghead:

Now coming to GD/PI, you may like to refer the blog shared by Anandiya...just 4 post before this. For us it, GD was case based and PI more focused towards understanding of the zeal & reason to do the course. But you never know these IIM profs...they are known for last minute surprises. My advice would be that you must keep a tab on the latest developments happening in world over and try few mock interviews.

As far as time frame is concerned......Kal kare so aaj kar, aaj kare so ab..pal main pralay hoyegi buhari karega kab ....translation "Do it Now" :iamcool:

Hi

Couple of days back, I received a query about WMP course with some really important questions.....I thought of sharing this with everyone since many more can get to know more about this programme. So here we go --

--------------------------------------------------------------
I am currently working for an ITES company and intend to do a part time executive MBA program. Can you suggest a good programme in Delhi/NCR.

I am particulary looking at the IIM Lucknow Noida campus' part time executive MBA programme due to it's proximity, and have the following questions:

1. How is the course(commercial viability) ?
Since we have only one passed out batch i.e. 2008 last year; we don't have data to put the numbers. Mind you, this course doesn't provide any sort of placements since we are already working with firms. But with the kind of "Transformation" process that goes during the course, future has to be better and it start reflecting in your work instantly. Let me share couple of things about myself that.........I have already done correspondence MBA from IMT Ghaziabad and by profession work as Recruiter/HR. Then also I see lots of value addition happening due to this course.

This is important question so let me dwell more......Few years back when ISB Hyderabad started its flagship one year course then everybody said that it will be useless since in one year (i.e. half time of regular MBA course) nothing substantial can be taught. But ISB was determine to prove it right with course curriculum and But see the scenario, ISB has been able to outperform even IIM's. Similarly this Part-time executive MBA courses are new concept of IIM and we have to wait more.

One more thing which I wanted to share is that this course is same as regular PGP(MBA) course at IIM Lucknow. In regular PGP course there are 30 classes per subject of 1 hr each, whereas here in WMP programme it's 20 classes of 1 and 1/2 hrs. each so effectively same 30 hrs teaching per subject. Due to classes on Thu & Fri (6:15 - 9:30) and Sat (2:30 - 9:30) or 13 hrs per week....this is being stretched to 3 years instead of just 2 yrs.

2. Which would be the best books to prepare for this exam as well as the CAT exam. (Is it necessary to complete the IMS or T.I.M.E. study materials)

For WMP's written exam any book with difficulty level of Moderate to high should suffice. Whereas for CAT you might have to mug up IMS+TIME+CL study material

3. Is it too late to start preparing now ?
Yes, it is late but not too late.........but if you start it now then you have to devote more time.

4. Is it only for people with manager experience ?
No, anyone with required 3+ yrs of experience is eligible for this course.

5. How difficult is getting through ?
If you compare it with CAT, then it is quite easy otherwise it all depends person to person.

6. Is it only for people who get sponsership from their companies? What if my company does not pay for the course ?
No, there is no such requirement from the institute's side.

I would appreciate if you can provide answers to the above questions, esp. since you are doing the programme.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi

New batch's admission process has been initiated WMP course in IIM L - NC. Pls see below the important dates --

1. Date of Advertisement
January 18, 2009

2 Date of Downloading Application Form starts
January 18, 2009

3 Last Date of receiving the Application Form at Admissions Office.
February 16, 2009 (by 5 pm)

4 Admission Test
April 12, 2009

5 Session Begins
First week of July, 2009

Hi,

A quick query on the eligibility criteria: The criteria says that the candidate should have a minimum of three years of experience as on 1st July 2009.

I'm working with an IT Services Company in Noida and would be completing my three years on 3rd July 2009.... Thus, I'm short of the criteria by 2 days.

In similar situations, do they consider the cases where it is a matter of only 2-3 days?

Thanks!

Hi

New batch's admission process has been initiated WMP course in IIM L - NC. Pls see below the important dates --

1. Date of Advertisement
January 18, 2009

2 Date of Downloading Application Form starts
January 18, 2009

3 Last Date of receiving the Application Form at Admissions Office.
February 16, 2009 (by 5 pm)

4 Admission Test
April 12, 2009

5 Session Begins
First week of July, 2009

Hi

Sorry for the late response.

Technically speaking, the chances are very low.........but since it is just a matter of 2 days; I would suggest you to personally visit the campus before filling up the form and directly speak to Admission Incharge Mr. Singh / Mr. Paritosh. Your case might fall into gray areas and administration might consider your profile as an exception.......wish you all the Best !!!

Just a stats from last year............close to 300 applications were rejected due to non-compliance of the admission criteria.

Regards/Umashanker

Hi,

A quick query on the eligibility criteria: The criteria says that the candidate should have a minimum of three years of experience as on 1st July 2009.

I'm working with an IT Services Company in Noida and would be completing my three years on 3rd July 2009.... Thus, I'm short of the criteria by 2 days.

In similar situations, do they consider the cases where it is a matter of only 2-3 days?

Thanks!

Thanks for your response. Will get in touch with the Admission incharge for clarification.

Regards,
Onelife

Hi

Sorry for the late response.

Technically speaking, the chances are very low.........but since it is just a matter of 2 days; I would suggest you to personally visit the campus before filling up the form and directly speak to Admission Incharge Mr. Singh / Mr. Paritosh. Your case might fall into gray areas and administration might consider your profile as an exception.......wish you all the Best !!!

Just a stats from last year............close to 300 applications were rejected due to non-compliance of the admission criteria.

Regards/Umashanker

I am planning to apply for WMP.

Do we need to send the photocopies of all educational and experience certificates.

I mean what document need to be sent from our present employer and past employers.

Hi

You need to submit only 2+1 documents -

1. Application form duly filled up (can be downloaded from the website). One photograph is also required.
2. Demand Draft of Rs. 1500/- (Rs. 750/- in case of SC/ST)
3. In case of SC/ST attested copy of caste certificate is required.

There is no need to submit any educational or work-ex documents at the time of submitting the forms. You would be asked for the one xerox copy at the time of GD/PI only.

Pls note that there is no need of any NOC (No Objection Certification) from your present employer even at the time of GD/PI.

I appeared for the entrance exam yesterday, any feedback on the test paper and expected cut offs.

Any idea when will the results be out, nothing is mentioned on the website? :shocked: