IIM Lucknow's 'The Fresh Brew'

‘The Fresh Brew’ is a book written by 2 IIM L students chronicling life stories of 25 IIM Lucknow Alumni who followed their heart, their dream, their passion! Many gave up lucrative careers with leading banks, consulting firms, marketing firms, …

'The Fresh Brew' is a book written by 2 IIM L students chronicling life stories of 25 IIM Lucknow Alumni who followed their heart, their dream, their passion! Many gave up lucrative careers with leading banks, consulting firms, marketing firms, technology firms to strike out on their own. They became entrepreneurs or pursued alternate and independent careers of their choice.

This is a collection of their experiences and learnings and brings out the subtle dilemmas that they negotiated on their quest for independence both personal and professional. The book includes a Foreword by Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam, Former President of India.
Apart from 25 inspiring stories, the book also contains glimpses of 'life @ Hell'. Check out http://freshbrewbook.com/ for more details on the book.
Use this thread to discuss the book, entrepreneurship and post-MBA career choices that some of the alumni have taken. Amit Harlalka, a.k.a. amithar, (one of the 2 authors) would be active on this thread and take part in the discussions.

Thanks apatchofsnow!

This of course is a great way of spreading IIML's stories of entrepreneurship and we hope that readers like reading about 25 absolutely phenomenal people!

Some praise for the book:

"I am sure, this book will inspire the creation of many such leaders who would emerge as employment generators for the nation."
Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, Former President of India, in his Foreword to the book
Too many books just focus on the good and successful parts of entrepreneurship, but this book makes you feel both the pain and the glory achieved by the entrepreneurs. Read it, read it again and if you have the guts to make the leap, do it.
Allwin Agnel, Founder & CEO, PaGaLGuY.com
These fabulous and well-told stories span entrepreneurship from areas as diverse as arts, IT, and football. I found myself inspired by the entrepreneurs perseverance and passion. If you havent yet decided to follow your dream, after reading these stories, you surely will!
- Laura Parkin, CEO and Co-founder, National Entrepreneurship Network (NEN)

Happy to be here and engage in discussions if any.. I am an ex-PaGaL anyway!

To authors,

Guys good job. Bought d book yesterday.Read 5/6 stories. Pretty inspiring.

Cheers,
Swapnil Gupte
( Hoping to be PGP-I 2011 :D)

When I initially heard about the book - I thought it would be very motivating and on the lines of Stay Hungary Stay Foolish. What made it more special was - it was written by 2 final year students. And this being motivational in itself.

Really appreciate the effort you guys have put in and the thought which you want to spread. I personally have a lot of respect for entrepreneurs. Hope you guys succeed in your ventures too and we have a story number 26 soon. :)

All the best guys,

True

To authors,

Guys good job. Bought d book yesterday.Read 5/6 stories. Pretty inspiring.

Cheers,
Swapnil Gupte
( Hoping to be PGP-I 2011 :D)

Thanks Swapnil.

If you wish to review the book, please feel free to do so - and drop as a mail. We will be happy to feature it on the website. :)

Hope you like the remaining stories too.
When I initially heard about the book - I thought it would be very motivating and on the lines of Stay Hungary Stay Foolish. What made it more special was - it was written by 2 final year students. And this being motivational in itself.

Really appreciate the effort you guys have put in and the thought which you want to spread. I personally have a lot of respect for entrepreneurs. Hope you guys succeed in your ventures too and we have a story number 26 soon. :)

True

Our own experience in writing the book has been immensely fulfilling and inspiring. :)

Hope the effort can help others to overcome that inhibition and follow their dreams.

Guys... Is a copy of this book available in the library @ IIM L??

Happy to update to all that 'The Fresh Brew' (a book on IIML entrepreneurs which includes a Foreword by Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam) is now available for Download Online - we have a Kindle version on Amazon.com.

Do join us on The Fresh Brew: Chronicles of Business and Freedom | Facebook

Cheers,
Amit