IIM Lucknow Admission Criteria

Hi Puys, IIML has come up wid admission Criteria here is the link… http://www.iiml.ac.in/Adm_Policy_2009.pdf?PHPSESSID=11f9f4300284c74e4e897d086a43f7ab

Hi Puys,

IIML has come up wid admission Criteria here is the link..

http://www.iiml.ac.in/Adm_Policy_2009.pdf?PHPSESSID=11f9f4300284c74e4e897d086a43f7ab

I guess if u had IIMs in mind when we were in 10th than only u can hope to get IIM seat IIM L has inreased its weightage from 5 to 10

one more writing assessment. lets see if we make it to IIM-A,B,L... 😉

I guess they are still in the criteri deciding phase so be ready for the results declared till March ..already puys are reporting that prometric people on call are telling that results will be declared on the first week of march

Truly speaking its a good selection criteria not because I get into this criteria but since there is a variation in marks of 12th and Graduation as people come from different backgrounds (Commerce, Science, Arts etc) and different boards. Though the board factor is still there in 10th but the syllabus more or less remains the same. Moreover for pursuing MBA, the aptitude is required which should be more equivalent to 10th Standard. If you cannot pass your basic exam (Read 10th) with a good score, then it becomes difficult to impart education.
Read more on My Musings: Criteria for Selection in Management Institutes

Hi Puys,

IIML has come up wid admission Criteria here is the link..

http://www.iiml.ac.in/Adm_Policy_2009.pdf?PHPSESSID=11f9f4300284c74e4e897d086a43f7ab

i agree par bata toh de logon ko to wooh form hi nahin bhare bewkoof kyun banate hain baad main rules bana kar jisme main 80% log eleigible hi nahin hai

amresh.manit Says
I guess if u had IIMs in mind when we were in 10th than only u can hope to get IIM seat IIM L has inreased its weightage from 5 to 10

10th weightage increased from 10% to 18.18% :(

this is disgusting as they shd evaluate us on what we are today and not on what we were 8-9 years back

Truly speaking its a good selection criteria not because I get into this criteria but since there is a variation in marks of 12th and Graduation as people come from different backgrounds (Commerce, Science, Arts etc) and different boards. Though the board factor is still there in 10th but the syllabus more or less remains the same. Moreover for pursuing MBA, the aptitude is required which should be more equivalent to 10th Standard. If you cannot pass your basic exam (Read 10th) with a good score, then it becomes difficult to impart education.
Read more on My Musings: Criteria for Selection in Management Institutes

I guess lets not debate on this. Lets face it, IIML have fixed up the criterion, we can't change it. I guess there is fair bit of weightage given for the other parameters also. If the candidate is good, I don't think he/she should worry about less Class Xth marks (ofcourse puts the candidate at disadvantage) and i would suggest to prepare hard for GD/PI.

abhi toh criteria aya hai....god knws ven r the results...?

kinji@PG Says
I guess lets not debate on this. Lets face it, IIML have fixed up the criterion, we can't change it. I guess there is fair bit of weightage given for the other parameters also. If the candidate is good, I don't think he/she should worry about less Class Xth marks (ofcourse puts the candidate at disadvantage) and i would suggest to prepare hard for GD/PI.

funny.. verry funny.. i know that nobody is listening ( certainly not IIML ).. but i really feel the urge to let this out..

it baffles the life out of me when i see such criteria being set by institutes.. I mean think about it .. what in the world does your 10th marks show about you ? anybody who is aware of the sorry state of affairs of board exams in india ( especially 10th ) would tell you that your marks in 10th standard.. more often than not.. show that you can mug up things well .. rather than intelligence etc.

And also, different state boards have different range of difficulties.. is it fair to club all together ? More so .. what if someone got ill during boards ? ( in boards, sadly you dont get another chance like CAT ) .. what if someone was keen on playing sports while keeping focus on 10th to a certain level ( like me ). By setting this criteria IIML is playing into the hands of people who , when in 10th, had so much focus on it .. that they neglected other things at such an impressionable age.. ( yes.. groans invited..!! )

good luck to IIML with such a criteria ..

I think this is much more balanced criterion than blore's one which is so lopsided in favor of past academics and where someone who had messed up even once in acads, cant even hope in his best of dreams to get a call. Assigning almost 60% weightage to CAT gives more or less a fair chance to everyone I suppose.

IMHO, there is no use debating the criteria once its out, all the people with bad acads would definitely despise this criteria and groan at posts supporting this, and all the people with good acads will feel very happy about this. Though considering acads is definitely among the better options to evaluate a profile, the B-schools need to ensure that it is normalized across boards.
Also, 5 years down the lane this wouldnt be really unfair, as the current 10th/12th students are aware of the situation that acads are a must for higher studies. But once cant help but empathize for the current batch ones who cant go back to the past and change their acads.

hi puys,

the admission criteria is more or less the same as the last year's criteria.

i don't see any point in discussing it and collecting groans here.

Roger Federer Says
IMHO, there is no use debating the criteria once its out, all the people with bad acads would definitely despise this criteria and groan at posts supporting this, and..........

They are definitely looking for people above 90s only coz i was shocked when i din get the GD PI call last time
CAT OA 99.36
VA 97.8
DI 98.6
QA 97.7

10th 81%
12th 81%
Graduation 87%(University topper)

Work ex 19 months Infosys Technologies

and i did not have a call from IIM-L, A or B.
That pretty much clarified to me that only people with 90s are gonna get a call and if at all someone close to 90 got a call, he wont be selected anyways as it turned out for most of the students. I dont see a point of having such bias towards exceptionaly high marks in 10th and 12th,
I wont say I have exceptional scores but certainly good enough to get a call, but thats what i thought, they did not.So gotta live with it 😃

It is ridiculous to associate so much more weightage to the Xth marks, we all kno the level of that exam, our seriousness at the time, nd most of us didn't even hav any set aim then. Wat IIMs shud be seeing is how a person has improved his academic record thru the years rather than taking someon wit a 95 in Xth, 80 in Xth and 65 in grad. Just as ther are many who take state board exams in XIIth , ther are many in Xth as well. I don't see y a relaxation shud be given to someone who shifts to a state board in Xth, on purpose, to get more time for IIT prep ( this doesnt apply to all ofcourse, i know some ppl who hv done this). Lucknow seems to be following Bangalore in this regard. Just hope the other IIMs have better sense.

Do IIM-L use any normalized score for class 10th 12th ..because in some State Board getting even more than 80% is very very tough ???

I still remember those days in Class X when teachers used to tell us to use coloured pens/sketch pens to highlight key points/answers in the paper in order to fetch extra marks.People with good handwriting used to score more over those with poor ones.In literature subjects like hindi there was a huge disparity in marks awarded by different regions in the CBSE board itself(e.g. chennai board vs delhi board).What about some of the state boards that dole out marks like anything?So by taking 10th board marks into account and that too without normalizing it what do the IIM's want to establish?Are they checking that we are well rounded just because we used our artistic talents to fetch extra marks in boards?
As one of the guys had pointed out on some forum:Is a 7 pointer from IIT worse than a 8 pointer from a third grade college?
I passed out from NSIT.We are given absolute %ages.I've got 71% and highest score in my batch was around 82%.Since our college doesn't have a CGPA conversion formula so it is considered as 7.1 CGPA when it could've been much higher.Whats my fault here?Why this fact is not taken into consideration.Not all colleges in India have a relative grading system at UG level.

Well, i do believe that acads can be a good way to filter candidates.. but again, X from a state board and one from CBSE differ a lot.. not only dat, the place where u did ur X & XII also differ a lot.. I did my X frm a small town, where gettin 85 was a big thing.. only 5-6 students in our town scored 85+, probably coz we dint know how to score high marx as ppl in cities did... was pretty happy scorin 80+ in X.. but now, lookin at the post above from Mohit2020 (an IIM-I student), i blv it's really gonna be a tough task to make it... God bless all...

They are definitely looking for people above 90s only coz i was shocked when i din get the GD PI call last time
CAT OA 99.36
VA 97.8
DI 98.6
QA 97.7

10th 81%
12th 81%
Graduation 87%(University topper)

Work ex 19 months Infosys Technologies

and i did not have a call from IIM-L, A or B.
That pretty much clarified to me that only people with 90s are gonna get a call and if at all someone close to 90 got a call, he wont be selected anyways as it turned out for most of the students. I dont see a point of having such bias towards exceptionaly high marks in 10th and 12th,
I wont say I have exceptional scores but certainly good enough to get a call, but thats what i thought, they did not.So gotta live with it :)

Dude wen u didnt get the call it means its no point ..even if u get 100%le ...and still people are saying criteria is a bit "fair"

Guys sorry to interrupt the Brouhaha...
I had a query:

The IIM L PDF shows different cut offs for different Castes :wow:
But the Cut off for the Agri Business Management Programme seems to be the same across all castes.
So does this mean there is no reservation in IIM L for ABM??
Or is it just that the basic criterion is the same??