IIM Kozhikode 2008-10 Waitlist

Hi All, A much needed thread,coming a bit late though.Would request all the waitlisters junta & the seniors to please post any information helpful for tracking the waitlist ,& any other information connected to expected waitlist clearance & numb…

Hi All,
A much needed thread,coming a bit late though.Would request all the waitlisters junta & the seniors to please post any information helpful for tracking the waitlist ,& any other information connected to expected waitlist clearance & number of calls etc.

Given that last year when there was no movement at all in the iim k waitlist.This year even at a waitlist of 21 I am having nightmares.

Please note that dont post any speculations here.Only correct factual information is invited.
And also please note that iims do include a buffer keeping in mind the number of offers from other iims.
So number of people having ABC calls & not joining K will not be that useful.Because the admission deptt. also know this fact.
The only determining factors will be those candidates who have call from L .Becoz for such students the profs can not take a clear stand.As some student(for their own reasons) do join K leaving L.
Also will be the determing factors that students who have call from I ,XLRI MDI FMS who may leave K for these college ( the profs initially think that such student will do join K)

So if you any such informations ( like a known friend going to xl etc & not K) then please post such info.(or can use the poll also)

What is the difference between the poll options 1 & 2

Secondly, what is the difference among options no 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5

The poll options according to me should be
1. Converted, Joining K for sure
2. Converted, Leaving K for sure
3. Converted but waiting for other WLs also
4. Waitlisted, will join for sure
5. Waitlisted, will leave for sure
6. Waitlisted but waiting for other WLs also 😃

What is the difference between the poll options 1 & 2

Secondly, what is the difference among options no 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5

The poll options according to me should be
1. Converted, Joining K for sure
2. Converted, Leaving K for sure
3. Converted but waiting for other WLs also
4. Waitlisted, will join for sure
5. Waitlisted, will leave for sure
6. Waitlisted but waiting for other WLs also :)

Hello Amit,
Yaar I can understand your position.But as I had said earlier people leaving K for ABC are of no use to us.So option number 2 of
yours proposal is useless.I don't even want to know the number of such people.
You woud also appreciate the fact that the determining fators is the selected student of
L,I xl,fms etc.
Now see the poll option 2 is important in the sense to know how many such daredevils are there.
Becoz for the selected of iim L even the profs of iim k cannot take a clear stand.
Yes option 3,4 is similar.But I just didnt want to club iim indore wid others.
The reason is not very obvious though.
The option 5 is for those who want to give a shot again to cat.
Coming to your options now:--
As I said earlier poll-2 of yours is useless.
poll-option 3 of yours is option 5 of mine.
poll-option 4 is again useless.Man we are struggling for the waitlist clearance only.
option 5 is again useless.If a person wid 100 waiting polls here that he will even if converted,then how will
it help others.Please be inform that the wl-clearance shall not be very high this year given the lsat year situation.
poll-option 1 is also redundant.I am not concerned abt what number are joining.Becoz even from pagalguy if 100 people
polled that they are joining for sure.I will not be able to use this data.But even if 30 people polled that they are joining indore & leaving K.
I can be pretty sure that the calculation of iim-k profs have went slighly worng.And atleast 20-25 waotlist will get cleared.
option 6 is also useless.Plz don't try to push us to second waitlist scene.we are struggling for the first to get clear.

Please let us stop it here only.
And let the people poll even if u feel there is no difference between the polls.

Actually we are struggling so we know what information we need to know.
Anyways thanx for your inputs.

Thanx

whoever created this poll pls change the secind option as it is the same as the first option....

Op1 --> Leaving K , Joining L
Op2 --> Joining L , Leaving K

Guess you wanted to put 2nd option as Joining K , Leaving L

Plz make the change

~Nitin

Actually I wanted to make the options like this:;

Leaving K , Joining L
Joining K , Leaving L

Sorry for the inconvenience.Will edit it.

Poll option rectified on the demand of thread starter.

Congrats to all the converters. All the best and enjoy.

I guess the poll is already giving incorrect results as Amit and hurricane have voted and they r going for C.

Basically the word is whoever is leaving K for "ABC" please do not vote here.

Cheers,
Ajay

I guess the poll is already giving incorrect results as Amit and hurricane have voted and they r going for C.

Basically the word is whoever is leaving K for "ABC" please do not vote here.

Cheers,
Ajay

Yes,absolutely correct.People going to ABC please dont poll here.
And there is no option either.
The 'other' stands for IIFT,spjain etc.

What abt ppl who had a single call from K and converted it?? I don't think they get factored in the poll. As per now the only option by which a guy joins K is by leaving L.

CATalyzed Says
What abt ppl who had a single call from K and converted it?? I don't think they get factored in the poll. As per now the only option by which a guy joins K is by leaving L.

hmm....Let me explain this too.And ok i will try to go into details also.But mind you my perception about the movement in the waitlist is based upon some interaction with the seniors & nothing official.But after reading this post I hope you would appreciate why I have created such a poll.

FIRST:-- How the main call list is prepared

As you can also see from iim B results,the iim most probably have an arragement for sharing the final calls list.
Now when iim k would be preparing its main list it will try to make as much educated guess abt the candidate's preference as possible.FOR ABC they wont have any problem.THey know these candidates wont be joining.So for every such candidate they will call one candidate extra to compensate.

Now their real problem will start wid the candidates having final call from I L.For wich they cant say anything for sure.For I they can perhaps assume that candidate wud prefer K.
So for a waitlister candidate it is more important to know how many SUCH candidates are there who will leave or join against the Expectations of the profs.Becoz these are the candidates who will make the calculations of iimk wrong.

For people having single call converted,for all probability the profs will think that such people will do join.But if they didnt it will help starting the waitlist movement.
That is why the poll just focuses on how many candidates are leaving & what are the variuos reasons to leave.
So having a poll option to find out the number of single converted calls which will be joining will serve atleast no useful information to the waitlisers.

WOULD Request Everybody To PLease Also post theis WAIT LIST NUMBER.
Uptill now only 100 has been maximum.

Also if possible please ask your friends to take the poll.

Thanks

Hi all,
Would request all the puys to please post their WL number also at this thread.
Will give an idea about the number of waitlist calls given.
Till now maximun 100 has been seen.

Thanks

Hi all,
It seems very few puys have been waitlisted by k.

Indore waitlister > 250 has been seen here.
But no one here > 100 for k.
Mite be that 100 only is the maximun number.

From the poll it seems that atleast WL-5 shud get clear.
Let us wait to see.

The participation is too less.
Only 11 votes till now.
Dont where are the puys.

But yes atleast 3-5 may get cleared.

Can someone tell me what was the cut-off for calls given to OBC people .....are any other IIMs calling?.....any recent news ??

I came to know that IIMK gave 783 final calls for 200 odd seats (including 6% reservation for obc)...dont know how much waitlist movement will be there..even i am skeptical at waitlist #1..

Hi All,
Most probably this year also there will be NO waitlist movement.
I got this info by calling up at iim K.
This info is purely based on the conversation.
I am not responsible it it turns otherwise.
BUT 99 % No waitlist movement.

any update on WL movement ?

tashan_se Says
any update on WL movement ?

Just called up ... today is a holiday. So he asked me to call up tomorrow.