IIM Kashipur Final Converts(2011-2013)

Friends am starting this thread as the final result of IIM Kashipur has been announced. People can check there result here http://www.iiml.ac.in/iimkashipur.pdf People who have got through can have discussion here about what to do. I also …

Friends am starting this thread as the final result of IIM Kashipur has been announced. People can check there result here
http://www.iiml.ac.in/iimkashipur.pdf

People who have got through can have discussion here about what to do. I also request seniors from other colleges to provide advice to aspirants(including me). I also request seniors from new IIMs to help aspirants out here because we will be in the same boat as you were once before.

I have got through in gen category at 99.01%ile.

Made it!
Finally an IIM Convert!! ..
(Oh.. i had waited SO long to use this smiley!)

Category : General
CAT Score: 99.70%ile
Will discuss other details later ..

Congrats to all the call-getters..!!!

Made it!
Finally an IIM Convert!! ..
(Oh.. i had waited SO long to use this smiley!)

Category : General
CAT Score: 99.70%ile
Will discuss other details later ..

Congrats to all the call-getters..!!!

mubarak ho bhai........DIL KHUSH KAR DIYA TUNE!!!!

GOD BLESS YOU MAN

Guys,

I guess a lot of people would be in two minds now. We all have the same doubts and concerns. Lets begin by discussing what we know, the questions we have and trying to find the answers to them.

Anyway,

General - 99.15

IIM Kashipur first look:

I was on my way back to Delhi from Jim Corbett national park, therefore I thought of stopping by kashipur and ask around for IIM kashipur. Here is my experience :

The Location : The campus for the first few years would be a new building and associated land, donated to IIM kashipur by the Uttarakhand state goevrnment. It is known as "Ganna Anusandhaan Kendre" (Sugarcane research centre, as that belt is famous for sugarcane agriculture). It lies approx 7km from downtown Kashipur.
For the future campus, they have secured 200 acres of land another 5-7 kms away. But the initial batches will not be lucky enough to boast of it.

The Infrastructure: The building donated by the state government will be utlised as the administrative block. However, it seems quite big a building for just administrative purposes. They are making two new AC lecture halls next to the admin block. It would suffice for this year's batch strength of 70 or so. Hostel is also bieng built, half a km before the campus.

The Academics : There will be 2 visiting faculty from IIM lucknow at any time (as told). They will be replaced every two weeks by another 2. The directorship has been offered to a prof from IIM Bangalore, but his confirmation is yet to come.

My take: The decision for location is decided by politicians and beaurocrats. Since Uttarakhand had to be gifted an IIM, and since Kashipur had free land and building available, so it had to be there.
Kashipur is a 4-5 hour drive from Delhi, so connectivity will not be an issue, but I feel that a indian insititue of management could have been founded at a tier 2 city, like Dehradun.
There is government support and funding, but for effective implementation we need a leader. Any institute needs the passion and vigour of it's director and core faculty to establish itself. Once a good prof takes up its command (as in the case of IIM-Trichy), it will flourish exponentially.

PS: This information was given to me by the admin and operations supervisor who was sitting in the admin office. I requested him to ask his contacts in IIM lucknow to change my GDPI centre as I did not wanted to fly accross the country again. He called a prof at IIM lucknow, who in turn told him that any changes will not be entertained. Therefore, I will not be attending the GDPI as I have other converts.

regarding Infra, and other development I believe this above post would suffice. Regarding future there is one thing i believe that a institute is as good as its student and its faculty. Infra and location dont matter for me that much and faculty will be good as it will be from IIML and the student part is in our hand. It is upto us to chart the future of the institute. If we are good enough and determined all obstacles can be overcome.

puys i m waitlisted no 4 category obc wt r my chances to convert it

plz make a poll joining ao not joining with category wise

koi FB link banao yaar..kashipur ..chala jai...!!!!!!

Created a facebook group here.

frnds wht is ur cat %ile?

bikash008 Says
puys i m waitlisted no 4 category obc wt r my chances to convert it

frnd wht is ur cat %ile and acads?
vin1812 Says

cat -95.76
10th-72.2
12th-61.1
grad-68.38
vin1812 Says

wt abt u have u converted or not
bikash008 Says
wt abt u have u converted or not

frnd actually site is too busy now..............
if u dont mind can u plz check m9?

99.05%ile
all sectionals above 95
X-85
Xii-73
btech-68
21 months workex in IT.
I am ecstatic. This is my first IIM call and I have converted.

after waiting so long finally converted iim kashipur .............

well just to remove certain misconception kashipur is not a hill station ! rather it's just like any industrial town of UP (being close to moradabad) . nainital is a good 85 kms away .

i had visited kashipur and was a bit dissapointed cause i had a different opinion of the town considering it's close proximity to the JIm corbett national park (45 kms) . there is a dearth of good eating places (as far as i saw) . connectivity does seem to be an issue cause there are only a couple of trains from delhi . Ac buses are rare (twice a day) and most of the people have to take the UP state transport buses . the lesser said about the hectic 6-7 hours journey the better .

i had met the academic co-coordinator and he was quite humble . he even offered me accommodation in case i wanted to stay (since it was getting dark).

a professor of IIM B has been appointed as the director . two visiting faculty would be coming down from IIM L . the hostels which are at a walking distance were being re furnished .

am attaching a picture of the main building . ask me for any more information and i shall be glad to help

here is the link.. and sorry couldnt post the list. nieher the scrshot nor the copied content!

http://www.iiml.ac.in/iimkashipur.pdf

Cheers to all call getters. may second

after waiting so long finally converted iim kashipur .............

congrats friend