IIM K Waitlisters

I guess the trickiest situation is this. To be waitlisted at K. For one they have not given any sequence (or have they) which means nobody knows where they stand. Two, non selection virtually means opting for a non-iim non-xlri non-fms college, II…

I guess the trickiest situation is this. To be waitlisted at K. For one they have not given any sequence (or have they) which means nobody knows where they stand. Two, non selection virtually means opting for a non-iim non-xlri non-fms college, II rung in other terms so the selection is very cruitial. what say?

explore.ashish Says
I guess the trickiest situation is this. To be waitlisted at K. For one they have not given any sequence (or have they) which means nobody knows where they stand. Two, non selection virtually means opting for a non-iim non-xlri non-fms college, II rung in other terms so the selection is very cruitial. what say?

i think they have copied this idea frm US B schools and ISB. AFAIK, these schools also do not give out WL numbers. But theres a difference here. These schools have rolling admission process. still not clear y they opted for such a thing???

my speculation:
maybe they want to bring in diversity kind of thing i.e. they will see the accepted candidates and then give out final calls to ppl accordingly to maintain "diversity" !!!!!

I was waitlisted last year for K, same case no number....and they increased seats 'cause of which we cleared

My understanding is K sends more final calls in the main list than the requirements....so clearing a WL may be a lil tuff....other Komrades, do u have any other info on Waiting Lists?

i think they have copied this idea frm US B schools and ISB. AFAIK, these schools also do not give out WL numbers. But theres a difference here. These schools have rolling admission process. still not clear y they opted for such a thing???

my speculation:
maybe they want to bring in diversity kind of thing i.e. they will see the accepted candidates and then give out final calls to ppl accordingly to maintain "diversity" !!!!!

Well Well. You got it right I guess. I never thought of that way. Well lets see. In this case I have a few points which should sell. Anyways, does this mean you too have been waitlisted??
I was waitlisted last year for K, same case no number....and they increased seats 'cause of which we cleared

My understanding is K sends more final calls in the main list than the requirements....so clearing a WL may be a lil tuff....other Komrades, do u have any other info on Waiting Lists?

Well cant do much can we then. But I'll keep my fingers crossed.
explore.ashish Says
Well Well. You got it right I guess. I never thought of that way. Well lets see. In this case I have a few points which should sell. Anyways, does this mean you too have been waitlisted??

nopes..CAT 2005 was a disaster..no calls

IIM L has come out with 500 WL candidates. So we can imagine the situation at K

I think the situation will becm more clearer wen first WL clears....till then , try to enjoy yaar....no point speculating....waise me also WL at K after my best int....nt goin though, so u can assume this seat free...

cheers n ATb

Helooo Doston,

Last time only 3 were able to make it to the finals, from the waiting list at IIMK. Since the number of seats were increased to 180, next 60 got calls in the first week of June. Hope the situation changes this time. Best of luck to all the waitlisters.

IIML is a bit different in this regard. They came out with 4 lists and confirmed admissions till the first week of July. The conversion ratio at L stood to 2.1:3 last time.

Cheers
Vineet

Helooo Doston,

Last time only 3 were able to make it to the finals, from the waiting list at IIMK. Since the number of seats were increased to 180, next 60 got calls in the first week of June. Hope the situation changes this time. Best of luck to all the waitlisters.

IIML is a bit different in this regard. They came out with 4 lists and confirmed admissions till the first week of July. The conversion ratio at L stood to 2.1:3 last time.

Cheers
Vineet

And you finished it with cheers as well!! Anyways, that does not tell me anything but to keep my fingers crossed like I was doing it before. But anyways. You say only three converted after being in the waitlist. So tell me if the rumors are true that K issues a rather long first list (i.e. more candidate than it requires) and thus the lower number of conversions in the WL. Cause I know about tell Fellas who are not joining K this year for sure, in spite of calls.

Cheers!
Ashish

HI Dude,

Last year IIMK definitely came out with a very long first list but it may not be the case this year. Even the number of calls for GD's and interviews was increased drastically to 1800 this time. Thus, just keep your fingers crossed and hope for the best.

Cheers
Vineet

In the poll, whats the difference between "Yes, not joining" and "No" ?

Is it an attempt to increase the number of guys not joining ?

the freak

hi, i just voted on the poll as a " yes- but will not b joining" that is one less for u W/L junta 2 b worrying about
ATB to all 4 converting

HI Dude,

Last year IIMK definitely came out with a very long first list but it may not be the case this year. Even the number of calls for GD's and interviews was increased drastically to 1800 this time. Thus, just keep your fingers crossed and hope for the best.

Cheers
Vineet

The 1800 calls were sent after plenty of profiling to ensure a larger sample of people were interviewed and a more diverse batch selected. Using just the CAT overall as a cutoff leads to stilted, similar batches, and some incredibly good people are left out.

HI,
I guess the Poll options are not very clear.. u can do without the 2nd option!
anyways, i ended up choosing the wrong option i guess(option :3).. I have a final Admit from IIMK & IIMI (IIML waitlist#63) and shall skip them in favour of IIMC... hope this info helps a few of u...

Hi

Opting for B over K. Chose option 2. Thats one seat for you guys ... I hope. bol

RAN

thru K but joinin C...hope soothes sm souls..ATB all waitlisters

In the poll, whats the difference between "Yes, not joining" and "No" ?

Is it an attempt to increase the number of guys not joining ?

the freak

No would mean you do not have a call from K. And I agree with you all. It is ambiguos. So People hereafter voting may keep that in mind. I'll try to change the options I guess. It seems people having calls and not joining, some of them voted as No...the 3rd option.
Ashish

hello,
are we supposed to receive any correspondence from IIMK before may 9th?