IIM K interviews [for batch of 2005]

Hey guys, I have my interview day after tomorrow. Anyone who has had any experience with the interview panel please post the same. Also the GD topics ::

Hey guys,
I have my interview day after tomorrow. Anyone who has had any experience with the interview panel please post the same. Also the GD topics

All the best guys....
just chillax and give ur best shot...
the key lies in not getting tensed and managing pressure....
Cheers
Sandy
All the best guys....
just chillax and give ur best shot...
the key lies in not getting tensed and managing pressure....
Cheers
Sandy

One of my friends has given the interview in Mumbai today morning. Looks like these guys too are in for a stress thingy. So it is gonna be loads of fun

GD Topic was something abstract. Will let all know when I talk to him.
One of my friends has given the interview in Mumbai today morning. Looks like these guys too are in for a stress thingy. So it is gonna be loads of fun

GD Topic was something abstract. Will let all know when I talk to him.

Hey pple..

I was anxious to know when it starts in Mumbai.:huh: I thought mine was on the first day 25th Feb!~! ! :wow:
Thx heavens.. Pple ..please post ur interviews /GD topics..

And all the best to everyone!!!

J
Hey pple..

I was anxious to know when it starts in Mumbai.:huh: I thought mine was on the first day 25th Feb!~! ! :wow:
Thx heavens.. Pple ..please post ur interviews /GD topics..

And all the best to everyone!!!

J

Dont give Finance related gyan for people doing their GD/PI in Mumbai. I did last time and I got selected coz I had prepared well (I wud like to believe so). If your fundas or ideas are shaky, dont try. The interviewers are too smart for you.

Be confident though ... And ATB

- Nil.

Mumbai (well not technically ) 9am today.

2 panels, 16 junta, 2 bunked making it 7x2.

Pgites ... hanoz tha .. found out right at the end.

GD... something that made me groan. Cricket in India... damn popular, eating outta other sports, BCCI's money oughta be used to fund other sports blah blah.

Totally crappy GD, lame points, airtime hogging. Some 10-12 mins I think. Useless.

PI : Two profs. Lets call them chap (PG, suffix 3 letters 😉 ) and gal.

Chap starts off, some 5+ mins on my subjects, ( me final yr electrical ) followed by proj. Moi dint know what the nationwide transmission efficiency was :(
Otherwise ok, project and stuff, comfy. Constructive uses of harmonics ? :shock: Synthesisers... hanoz & madiyer told me later... unfortu, all I harmonix = villans for me :whatthat:

Gal is HR i hear, takes on biz biz biz. Whats this what that, which company what where. She kept harping on BPL and moi dinno. Somewhere I let loose abt "bizmen" and she asked me to talk abt a few. Yapped abt some coupla dudes and then...

Gal : Anyone else ?

Moi : Heard of Allwin Agnel ?

Gal : No, Indian businessmen only.

Moi : ( WTF do u think PG is ? Albanian ?) He's Indian.

Gal drifts away... she wasn't interested. A 10-15 min intrvw, and she's not interested.

The form they saw only when I came in, and that too not the answers to the Qs. Why make me write it then ?

A pathetic show from me. Looks like a ding here.

i had a worthless K interview.
My worst ever.
me only girl,23 boys

exp= 2 yrs infy +
Gd: ok,,,,i had to cut people,,so i guess tht puts me in -ve light.But i did make soem good points.

interview
panel= 2 gentlemen(P)
me -(V)

P: Tell us abt yourself.
V: Tell em

P: Why MBA,after Tata and infy
V: Fundas,,,,

P: wht is it difficuylt to create a mkt for
V: Hi-Fi ans

P: Wht is nano tech

P: wht rules does this defy
V: tell em

P: Sell em an ounce of Nanogold
V: even tho i knew nthinga bt it ,i managed to assume lotsa thinga nd sold it to them

one guy of Panel one asked the other if there is anything called nanogold,the other one said yes i think

P: wht is nanotech used in today,which companies promote it ?>
V: tell em whtever i knew

P: whts teh diff between an economic survey and a budget ?
V: tell them wht i thinl

P: ok wht is teh budget,wht do we expect in this one?
V: tell em,

P: Vat,,,,u brought it up,,wht is it?
V: tell them whtever i knew.long story

P: wht happens when i produce foodgrains,wht tax slab does that come under,,,say i'ma farmer.
V: i cdnt decide

P: lets say i am the govt,i store foodgrains for a few days ,,whts teh value added here,,wht will b taxed
V: teh cost undertaken in storing tehse grains shd be considered

P: ok,u mean if i am v v inefficient and my costs are very high,,,then the tax ll be very high?
V: by thsi time i was totally cnfused :(

P: ok let it be,tell us abt your job
V: told em in detail

P: wht models do u follow
V: told em

P: do u enjhoy it
V: most of the time

P:whts the per cap income in teh cuntry

P: highest pci and lowest pci in which states?

P: highest literacy in women?
V: kerela

P: total literacy of women:

P: wht must be the GDp
V: gave em approx value,tyhey wre hppy.

P: frm wht u tell us kerela appears to b a very socially dvlped state
V: sir it is if literacy is one of the highest benchmarks of social dvpnt

P: tell us now how economically dvped it is?
V::huh: cluelss,,,,sir it isnt a bckwrd state cos litreracy spells into high eco dvpt but i am not sure abt teh recent economic dvpts there.

p:If we ask u abt teh US or china u will know,but why not kerela?
V: ????

P:ok,,,gaussian distrbution curve on baordmmmwht are the dependent variables
V: no idea :(

p: posions distr?
V: ??? gave em formual but thts all i knew.

P: Binomial distrbution???
V: no idea

P: fourier transforms???
V: no idea :(((cdnt remember a thing,,,,this was long long bck)

P: anything inb maths,,,?
V: uh,,,matrices????

P: Ok,,,whts a jacobian???
V: dunno
:(

P: ushd be good at maths,98%er and all ? elec enggr above that?
V: sir i am good at it,its just been a long time

p:Laugh heartily
V: Almsot cryish

P: is thr anything ud liek to say to us ?
V: sir pls dont consider the matsh part,its been a long time and i am better at finding info than remembering it.Given some time i wd be able to polish it immediately(THE WORST MISTAKE I MADE IN MY LIFE))))) :((

P:oh dont worry abt all that,thts our deptt
V:somethinag bt exchange program?

P: explains
V: Thank u sir

I get out of the room and start howling,noone cd make me stop crying.Guys,,,am sorry if i was rude when u tried to pacify me.

I just hope this doesnt happen yet again,dont wanna be back where i started.
ALso:
help::: 1.can u help in teh VAT Qsthey asked.,,,,i have an idea now,,,,but still more info wd help.
2. where can i quickly brush up on all kinds of transforms in engg maths,,,dont have any books here in blore,,infact its been donkeys yrs now

3. where can i learn abt posions distrubution,,,and other proabbility curves,,tehy seem to dislike my face and always ask me these Qs

Chiclets

had a pathetic experience, with IIM-K....
my background : B.Tech (Mechanical) from IIT Delhi, working in software firm for past 2 years...

--------------------------------------------
G.D
The G.D was an abstract one... a paragraph on different human qualities was given and we had to discuss on it...
we related to it different leadership qualities and how one can prove to be good manager / leader, using those qualities... lots of quotes and examples... went on for about 15 mins, everybody got a chance to speak...

Interview
Mine was the 1st interview in our group... 2 Interviewers A, B and me......
A - come in Mr. Manu, please be seated...
me - Thank you :smile:
A - So, you are an engineer from IIT-Delhi...
me - Yes
A - which branch?
me - Mechanical engineering
A - you are working right now?
me - yes sir... I am working with Techspan India Ltd. for past 2 years...
B - please give me your file...
(he ignores all my certificates and come to my college / IIT mark sheet)
B - (looking at my grade sheet) so you have done personnel management, participative management, financial management, Materials management, project management and Total quality management (TQM), during your engineering?
me - yes sir.. (I had done 7-8 management courses during my B.Tech)
B - and what were your subjects in ur final yr?
me - (oooops I don't remember many names...) sir a large part of your final yr was B.Tech Project... apart from it, we did couple of other courses, like blah blah blah...
B - so what was your final yr project ?
me - it was about designing a "reverse supply chain model for an organic food chain"....
B - whats a supply chain?
me - blah blah blah... tried to give some gyan...
B - what r the different parameters on which you will judge a supply chain?
me - blah blah blah... (told them what I knew..... discussed for few mins.... gave examples of my project and Telco Pune)
(then some discussion on Telco Pune - about Just-In-Time approach - which didn't go very well....)
B - oooooh you have done TQM (Total quality management)... have u heard of a guy *********
me - no sir, i donot remember... :whatthat:
B - well, what about ******, you have heard of him in TQM?
me - no sir
B - what about ******, heard of him?
me - no sir
B - you must have heard of ****** while studying TQM ?
me - no sir, it has been 2 years since I graduated and 3 yrs since I did this course... I donot remember much... I was more inclined towards thermal engineering, power plants, IC engines and automobiles...
B - weeeellllllll, when u did TQM (myyyy GOD!!! not again), did u learn abt a guy name ****** ?
me - no sir, I donot remember?
B - hain ????? hows that possible, you have studied TQM and you dont know this person....
A - yes... he was the father of TQM...
me - I don't remember sir.
B - there are TQM awards on his name...
me - don't know.. haven't heard of them... :huh:
(i am getting pissed off by now... i ve already said hell number of times that I don't remember this subject... then whats the point in continuing this discussion? but I retain my cool... show a smile to them...)
B - ok... what about project management? what did you learn in this course?
me - blah blah blah... some general gyan that I ve learnt in my job....
B - soooo, what do u remember in TQM? what exactly was taught to u?
(now I feel like shouting - "don't u understand English?? :grab: I don't remember this subject..." I retain my composure and answer quietly )
me - sir we were taught about CMM and 6 Sigma concepts....
(I wanted them to ask on CMM, I am strong on that)
B - ok tell us about 6 sigma.....
me - blah blah blah... generic stuff....
B - I don't get u....
I made some graphs and tried to explain...
B - u r just saying some key words in air... but u r not hitting at the nail...
I tried to explain more....
B - no no, u r not hitting at the nail... ( wow!!!!!! sounds sooo encouraging..)
me - ok sir... lets start fresh... maybe I haven't been able to explain my thoughts properly... let me try from scratch...
me - taking an example of a pen manufacturing Co.... blah blah blah... (in the end I said something about tolerance limits and sigma levels)
B - yeah... now u have said it... this is what I have been hearing to hear from u...
(pheeew!!!! thank God... he got what he wanted to hear...)
B - thats it....
(I prepare to get up)
A - you have also done a course on corporate accounting and financial management...
me - sir it was just financial management.... no corporate accounting.....
A - ok... so what is NPV?
me - blah blah blah... some generic stuff....
(these people were not satisfied...)
A - you are trying to explain, but what is the definition?
(I tried saying something... blah blah)
A - well 1stly I must tell you that what u told was PV and not NPV....
( I waited for the 2nd thing... it never came.... )
B - thats all Mr. Manu
me - thank you sir........

well, I do want to say 1 thing - if they have such profs in IIMs, I DONOT want to join IIMs..... I am disillusioned.....
I told them at least 10 - 12 times that I donot remember much of TQM, still whole of my interview was on TQM......... instead of judging me on what I know, they tried to judge me on what they knew.... funnnny....

had a pathetic experience, with IIM-K....
my background : B.Tech (Mechanical) from IIT Delhi, working in software firm for past 2 years...

G.D
The G.D was an abstract one... a paragraph on different human qualities was given and we had to discuss on it...
we related to it different leadership qualities and how one can prove to be good manager / leader, using those qualities... lots of quotes and examples... went on for about 15 mins, everybody got a chance to speak...

Interview
Mine was the 1st interview in our group... 2 Interviewers A, B and me......
A - come in Mr. Manu, please be seated...
me - Thank you :smile:
A - So, you are an engineer from IIT-Delhi...
me - Yes
A - which branch?
me - Mechanical engineering
A - you are working right now?
me - yes sir... I am working with Techspan India Ltd. for past 2 years...
B - please give me your file...
(he ignores all my certificates and come to my college / IIT mark sheet)
B - (looking at my grade sheet) so you have done personnel management, participative management, financial management, Materials management, project management and Total quality management (TQM), during your engineering?
me - yes sir.. (I had done 7-8 management courses during my B.Tech)
B - and what were your subjects in ur final yr?
me - (oooops I don't remember many names...) sir a large part of your final yr was B.Tech Project... apart from it, we did couple of other courses, like blah blah blah...
B - so what was your final yr project ?
me - it was about designing a "reverse supply chain model for an organic food chain"....
B - whats a supply chain?
me - blah blah blah... tried to give some gyan...
B - what r the different parameters on which you will judge a supply chain?
me - blah blah blah... (told them what I knew..... discussed for few mins.... gave examples of my project and Telco Pune)
(then some discussion on Telco Pune - about Just-In-Time approach - which didn't go very well....)
B - oooooh you have done TQM (Total quality management)... have u heard of a guy *********
me - no sir, i donot remember... :whatthat:
B - well, what about ******, you have heard of him in TQM?
me - no sir
B - what about ******, heard of him?
me - no sir
B - you must have heard of ****** while studying TQM ?
me - no sir, it has been 2 years since I graduated and 3 yrs since I did this course... I donot remember much... I was more inclined towards thermal engineering, power plants, IC engines and automobiles...
B - weeeellllllll, when u did TQM (myyyy GOD!!! not again), did u learn abt a guy name ****** ?
me - no sir, I donot remember?
B - hain ????? hows that possible, you have studied TQM and you dont know this person....
A - yes... he was the father of TQM...
me - I don't remember sir.
B - there are TQM awards on his name...
me - don't know.. haven't heard of them... :huh:
(i am getting pissed off by now... i ve already said hell number of times that I don't remember this subject... then whats the point in continuing this discussion? but I retain my cool... show a smile to them...)
B - ok... what about project management? what did you learn in this course?
me - blah blah blah... some general gyan that I ve learnt in my job....
B - soooo, what do u remember in TQM? what exactly was taught to u?
(now I feel like shouting - "don't u understand English?? :grab: I don't remember this subject..." I retain my composure and answer quietly )
me - sir we were taught about CMM and 6 Sigma concepts....
(I wanted them to ask on CMM, I am strong on that)
B - ok tell us about 6 sigma.....
me - blah blah blah... generic stuff....
B - I don't get u....
I made some graphs and tried to explain...
B - u r just saying some key words in air... but u r not hitting at the nail...
I tried to explain more....
B - no no, u r not hitting at the nail... ( wow!!!!!! sounds sooo encouraging..)
me - ok sir... lets start fresh... maybe I haven't been able to explain my thoughts properly... let me try from scratch...
me - taking an example of a pen manufacturing Co.... blah blah blah... (in the end I said something about tolerance limits and sigma levels)
B - yeah... now u have said it... this is what I have been hearing to hear from u...
(pheeew!!!! thank God... he got what he wanted to hear...)
B - thats it....
(I prepare to get up)
A - you have also done a course on corporate accounting and financial management...
me - sir it was just financial management.... no corporate accounting.....
A - ok... so what is NPV?
me - blah blah blah... some generic stuff....
(these people were not satisfied...)
A - you are trying to explain, but what is the definition?
(I tried saying something... blah blah)
A - well 1stly I must tell you that what u told was PV and not NPV....
( I waited for the 2nd thing... it never came.... )
B - thats all Mr. Manu
me - thank you sir........

well, I do want to say 1 thing - if they have such profs in IIMs, I DONOT want to join IIMs..... I am disillusioned.....
I told them at least 10 - 12 times that I donot remember much of TQM, still whole of my interview was on TQM......... instead of judging me on what I know, they tried to judge me on what they knew.... funnnny....

i think they were trying to test ur patience..and how well u gain ur composure...inspite of not able to answer some of the questions. BTW which all names did he mention wrt TQM....
ajain Says
i think they were trying to test ur patience..and how well u gain ur composure...inspite of not able to answer some of the questions. BTW which all names did he mention wrt TQM....

Well, i dont think that they were trying to test my patience.. It appeared to me that these guys were gurus on TQM and hence all this happened... anyways, i did maintained my composure (only good thing in that interview)... sorry yaar, i dont remember any names that he mentioned wrt TQM.... :whatthat:
manu011 Says
Well, i dont think that they were trying to test my patience.. It appeared to me that these guys were gurus on TQM and hence all this happened... anyways, i did maintained my composure (only good thing in that interview)... sorry yaar, i dont remember any names that he mentioned wrt TQM.... :whatthat:

i am not sure if this wud help...but some of the names are :-
Juran ----- qlty guru..he is the don of qlty....
Ishikawa---- QC tools
Crosby-----first time right...
Humphrey---cmm
Taguchi-----QFD, robust design and design of expts....
Deming----14 points

These i think these are more than sufficient to know.....

there is an award in name of Baldridge (i think given my americans) and one award which is given by japanese...recently i think sundaram fasterners got this japanese awards....

i know these because i had TQM as elective in final year and also slogged on these for my SPJ int which proved to be a waste as they didnot ask me a single question on it.....let me know if u need any specific information as i have some notes which i can type on pg if i get time....
i am not sure if this wud help...but some of the names are :-
Juran ----- qlty guru..he is the don of qlty....
Ishikawa---- QC tools
Crosby-----first time right...
Humphrey---cmm
Taguchi-----QFD, robust design and design of expts....
Deming----14 points

These i think these are more than sufficient to know.....

there is an award in name of Baldridge (i think given my americans) and one award which is given by japanese...recently i think sundaram fasterners got this japanese awards....

i know these because i had TQM as elective in final year and also slogged on these for my SPJ int which proved to be a waste as they didnot ask me a single question on it.....let me know if u need any specific information as i have some notes which i can type on pg if i get time....

Thanks a lot for this info... will try and dig up more on this for my future interviews.... 😃

ALso:
help::: 1.can u help in teh VAT Qsthey asked.,,,,i have an idea now,,,,but still more info wd help.
Chiclets

VAT is charged on the value added and this value is assumed to be the price. The value added is (Selling price -cost price) *quantity. So in case of the storehouse, if he makes a profit he'll be charged else he'll not be charged. So inefficiencies are not encouraged in this system.

The lady also pained me with her gyan about the industry. They are looking for some specific terms and if you don't use them they keep on pressing you.
My worst ever.
me only girl,23 boys

exp= 2 yrs infy +
Gd: ok,,,,i had to cut people,,so i guess tht puts me in -ve light.But i did make soem good points.

interview
panel= 2 gentlemen(P)
me -(V)

P: Tell us abt yourself.

P: Why MBA,after Tata and infy
V: Fundas,,,,

P: wht is it difficuylt to create a mkt for
V: Hi-Fi ans

P: Wht is nano tech

P: wht rules does this defy
V: tell em

P: Sell em an ounce of Nanogold
V: even tho i knew nthinga bt it ,i managed to assume lotsa thinga nd sold it to them

one guy of Panel one asked the other if there is anything called nanogold,the other one said yes i think

P: wht is nanotech used in today,which companies promote it ?>
V: tell em whtever i knew

P: whts teh diff between an economic survey and a budget ?
V: tell them wht i thinl

P: ok wht is teh budget,wht do we expect in this one?
V: tell em,

P: Vat,,,,u brought it up,,wht is it?
V: tell them whtever i knew.long story

P: wht happens when i produce foodgrains,wht tax slab does that come under,,,say i'ma farmer.
V: i cdnt decide

P: lets say i am the govt,i store foodgrains for a few days ,,whts teh value added here,,wht will b taxed
V: teh cost undertaken in storing tehse grains shd be considered

P: ok,u mean if i am v v inefficient and my costs are very high,,,then the tax ll be very high?
V: by thsi time i was totally cnfused :(

P: ok let it be,tell us abt your job
V: told em in detail

P: wht models do u follow

P: do u enjhoy it
V: most of the time

P:whts the per cap income in teh cuntry

P: highest pci and lowest pci in which states?

P: highest literacy in women?
V: kerela

P: total literacy of women:

P: wht must be the GDp
V: gave em approx value,tyhey wre hppy.

P: frm wht u tell us kerela appears to b a very socially dvlped state
V: sir it is if literacy is one of the highest benchmarks of social dvpnt

P: tell us now how economically dvped it is?
V::huh: cluelss,,,,sir it isnt a bckwrd state cos litreracy spells into high eco dvpt but i am not sure abt teh recent economic dvpts there.

p:If we ask u abt teh US or china u will know,but why not kerela?
V: ????

P:ok,,,gaussian distrbution curve on baordmmmwht are the dependent variables
V: no idea :(

p: posions distr?
V: ??? gave em formual but thts all i knew.

P: Binomial distrbution???
V: no idea

P: fourier transforms???
V: no idea :(((cdnt remember a thing,,,,this was long long bck)

P: anything inb maths,,,?
V: uh,,,matrices????

P: Ok,,,whts a jacobian???
V: dunno
:(

P: ushd be good at maths,98%er and all ? elec enggr above that?
V: sir i am good at it,its just been a long time

p:Laugh heartily
V: Almsot cryish

P: is thr anything ud liek to say to us ?
V: sir pls dont consider the matsh part,its been a long time and i am better at finding info than remembering it.Given some time i wd be able to polish it immediately(THE WORST MISTAKE I MADE IN MY LIFE))))) :((

P:oh dont worry abt all that,thts our deptt
V:somethinag bt exchange program?

P: explains
V: Thank u sir

I get out of the room and start howling,noone cd make me stop crying.Guys,,,am sorry if i was rude when u tried to pacify me.

ALso:
2. where can i quickly brush up on all kinds of transforms in engg maths,,,dont have any books here in blore,,infact its been donkeys yrs now

3. where can i learn abt posions distrubution,,,and other proabbility curves,,tehy seem to dislike my face and always ask me these Qs

Chiclets

GOOD INTERVIEW CHICLETS .... As per my views, if thats all there was in the interview, you did a pretty decent job.

Am damn too tired after a hard day of work, will go thru the other posts tomorrow ...

till then, all the best to other candidates as well... keep posting your comments and gyan.

adios

- Nil.
manu011 Says

hey chillax maan....it was a stress interview for you...seems Prof Choudhary and Prof Damodaran are there....
The former is a Maths and Ops Bond, the other is a Fin God...
so guys and gals...whoever has ur intvw in Mumbai...plzz brush up the maths part...and dont gve any global gyan on Finance....know ur stuff well
All the best...
as i said before....keeping ur cool is the key....so just chillax...they seem to be taking a stress interview....manu just keep ur cool...trust me....even IIMA wud hit upon ur weakpoints in acads (i felt the same way u r feeling last year)...so just keep ur cool...its not abt the fundas but abt how well u manage pressure...
and chiclet i think urs was quite a decent intvw...
all the best to everyone
Cheers
Sandy

Guys who have had their IIMK interview at Mumbai can u throw some light on the number of panels? From Sandipan's post I could make out that the panelists are one Finance Guy and the other is Maths Guy. Are there any more panelists?

Thanks Sandipan for the info on panelists, will try to brush up some maths though I don't have any books!! If anyone has some good website for maths revision(Stuff like Gaussian,Binomial,etc)in mind please do post.

Warm Regards,
STJ

Guys who have had their IIMK interview at Mumbai can u throw some light on the number of panels? From Sandipan's post I could make out that the panelists are one Finance Guy and the other is Maths Guy. Are there any more panelists?

2 panels. 2 membs each. Mine had a guy who quizzed me on tech, who he did seem to know a coupla things. The gal beside him did the biz stuff.

Does it really make a difference?

IIMK experience:

GD was a on a controversial topic. a passage about how cricket is popular, how it is cannibalizing other sports, and how a law should be passed that BCCI should divert significant portion of its income to development of other sports. lots of noise, i added to that noise. at times, the group did drift away from the topic and started talking about why cricket is popular in our country rather than the issue of diverting BCCI's funds to other sports. but many points did come up.
PI: Keralite (K), Bengali (B), and good old me(M).

I walk in, good mornings exchanged, please have a seat etc.

B: So, why don't you introduce yourself.
K: in the GD what happened? you had a lot of points, and there was a
lot of noise.
M:starts with the intro, completes five words or so..
K(interrupts): you havent answered my question. what do you think
about the GD. and what are microchips?
M(amused, but politely): sure sir, let me answer B's question
B: yes yes, i asked her first
K: ok ok.
M: continues with introduction.completes it. (to K) sir, i thought
that i had content in the GD, although in retrospect i think i could
have structured it better. i did contribute in the GD, but there was
more to the discussion than my contribution.( i interpreted his GD qn
as 'why were you screaming')
K: so what is a micrcochip?
M:(blinks.)
K: what are all these pentium 1, 2, 3, 4, ..10. how do we achieve
this?you are electronics engineer no?
M(grins): electronics and TELECOM sir
K: ok ok, we will ask you questions on telecom later.first you tell us
this. what is a microprocessor. give me your work certificates.marksheets.
M: tells him whatever i know. CPU, memory ROM RAM, input output. as
far as progression from pentium to P4 goes it is probably the IC
technology, clock speed etc(don't know for sure)
K: so how do u make the IC's smaller?
M: one thing that comes to mind...
K(interrupts): comes to mind? talk like an engineer
M(sheepish smile): one thing is cooling of the chip sir. also the VLSI
to VVLSI progression. then the clock speed..
K:what cooling. will u achieve what you want only by cooling the chip? what is clock?
M: no sir, but it is important, as you are packing more functionality
into same area of chip, you have got to maintain temperature blah blah.
K: how do u cool?
M: heat sinks.
K: what is it?
M: i'm not sure, but i think it is a coating/substance.
K: what kind of substance?
M: i dont know.
B smiles gracefully.
B: why do u want to be manager?
M: blah blah.
B: give me an instance when you displayed leadership qualities.
M: more blah blah.
B(gives me very simple math problem) can u do this?
M: i think so sir( takes 30 seconds, gives him answer)
B: okay..
K: do you have calls from all other IIMs?
M: no sir, except B.
K, B: ok thank you.
M: thank you sir, have a good day.

well, that was it. K tried to stress me out, while B seemed to like
me(well, he seemed to like everyone)

great post people... very helpful indeed.. however think GD/PI at chennai too started on the 23rd feb but i dont see post from candidates answering there...
??????????????????????????????????