IIM k interview

A guy from Kanpur in his interview was asked how many sheeps and dogs does kanpur have. :: : what r ur probable ans. to the above question.

A guy from Kanpur in his interview was asked how many sheeps and dogs does kanpur have.
:

what r ur probable ans. to the above question.

nehachaudhary Says
A guy from Kanpur in his interview was asked how many sheeps and dogs does kanpur have.

16443 dogs and 0 sheep..

Coz..netiher of them counted the no. of dogs..and sheep aint found in Kanpur

ur wrong!

did a google search and found out that there are arnd 2+ lakh sheep in kanpur

let me give it a shot

population is arnd 13 lakh (thnks to google!). id say 10% of these are urban types and another 10% of these have pets (hopefully dogs)...so 1% of 13 lacs = 13K dogs. for every domestic dog there's 2 strays (based on experience in neighbourhood )

so 13 + 26 = 39K dogs and ofcourse the 2 lakh odd sheep

hmm...i'll throw in another 1% of 2 lakhs (1 dog to look after 100 sheep)
39+2=41K dogs

well its just the process that counts
da_supertalent Says

can we take a laptop and a modem for the PIs??
anil Says

can we take a laptop and a modem for the PIs??

googling !!! in PI :shock:

had that been allowed
i would have replied 'askjeeves'
:

what r ur probable ans. to the above question.

Well i remember here a funny story of birbal who was asked how many barbers were there and he replied by quoting some fixed number.When asked how he could be so sure he said that if there were less then some of them had gone to their relatives and if there were more some of the relatives had come to visit them.

Well i remember here a funny story of birbal who was asked how many barbers were there and he replied by quoting some fixed number.When asked how he could be so sure he said that if there were less then some of them had gone to their relatives and if there were more some of the relatives had come to visit them.

u think 16443 i quoted above were provided by the census ppl
and of course u can quote jokes..but can't use -->

Well my answer would be " I don't know " (seriously, I don't think at that time and considering I'd be feeling a bit nervous) I don't think I'd remember any of Birbal's stories, or would dare to take on interviewers by giving a random number.

Whats the answer according to you neha??

Well my answer would be " I don't know " (seriously, I don't think at that time and considering I'd be feeling a bit nervous) I don't think I'd remember any of Birbal's stories, or would dare to take on interviewers by giving a random number.

Whats the answer according to you neha??

Well what i think is that at PI they look more at ur confidence rather than ur answer. So whatever u say u must be confident enough in ur answer.
well its just the process that counts

right on :!: :!:

and even if one cannot employ googling in PIs,the key remains in giving evidence of ur thinking ability.results be damned

:wink:

cheers :!:

catathon
Well what i think is that at PI they look more at ur confidence rather than ur answer. So whatever u say u must be confident enough in ur answer.

Well I can be pretty confident when I say I don't know, I have had loads of practice in varied circumstances, of saying that

well googling is an art!

but seriously the question is somethin co.s like mckinsey/bgc/bain etc. would ask..
here's a question along the same lines -

how many ping-pong balls can u fit in a boeing 747??

ne1 gonna take a shot at this?

googling is not allowed!

i shall have the honour
well the answer is 13,59,785

justification in the next post 😉

dude! still waitin for justification!

u tryin to call frnds at mckinsey to find out?

my ans is 11.3 * 10^6..

justification after u give urs

ps. no1 else takin a shot at it?

well the answer is 13,59,785

well u just dint mention which Boeing 747 it was
ur answer is nearly 100 times mine...so mebbe u thot of Boeing 747-400-ERF, i was thinkin of the 747-200F
i gotta funny feeling u've been googling for the past few hours!
da_supertalent Says
i gotta funny feeling u've been googling for the past few hours!

damn i just got up at 11.40..and regarding the models of Boeing, i know quite some of 'em..as i said earlier, we cant take a laptop and a modem..so the qn of 'googling' doesnt arise
tumhare funny feelings tumhe mubarak ho 😉
my ans is 11.3 * 10^6..
justification after u give urs

supertalent ji...we are waiting for ur justification