IIM Indore - Please help.

I hope i am posting this in correct forum. I am in need fof help from the IIM-I guys. please read the mail below (which i just mailed to the admissions office) and help me out. thanks a bunch. I am an International appicant (NRI) and am plann…

I hope i am posting this in correct forum. I am in need fof help from the IIM-I guys. please read the mail below (which i just mailed to the admissions office) and help me out. thanks a bunch.

I am an International appicant (NRI) and am planning on applying to
IIM-Indore. I have filled up the form and everything is ready to go
but there seems to be a problem with the mailing address that has been
provided in the application form where the application material need
to be send.
In the application form the following address has been given:

The admission office
IIM - Indore
Pigdamber, Rau, Indore 453331
Madhya Pradesh, India.

I have been to all the courier/mailing companies here in the United
States, namely Fedex, DHL, United Parcel Srvice and United States
Postal Service. None of them recognize this particular zip code
associated with Indore. All of them have said that they cant deliver
the package unless they have the correct zip code and according to
them the zip code for Indore and IIM-Indore should be 452***. I am
confused. I have checked the IIM-Indore website and clicked on the
"contact us" link and it shows me the same address as I have mentioned
above.

However, on further searching, I found the following address in this
particular link htp://www.iimidr.ac.in/iim/pages/faq/faq.jsp

Admissions Officer
Indian Institute of Management
Rajendra Nagar
Indore-452 012
Madhya Pradesh
INDIA

I went back to Fedex and checked this address with them and they say
that this particular address seems more likely to be correct and not
the previous one.

I havent sent my application packet yet as I didn't want to risk
sending it to the wrong address. I hardly have 2 weeks to meet the
deadline. I would greatly appreciate if you can take the time out to
confirm the correct mailing address for me. As I said before none of
the courier services in the United States are willing to send the
package to the mailing address mentioned in the application form with
zip code 453331.

Please help me as soon as possible as I am running short of time.

DOOD , WHY DONT U CALL THOSE GUYZ AND CONFIRM THE PIN CODE??????? JAY

thats the worst part. they dont seem to answer the phone. I have tried n times last nite. not a single time did any one pick up the fone. I tried four different numbers given on the site and none of them picked up.

dude than ask chandoo!! he in imi indore.. i think.. make a note to the mods... chandoo or pagalguy!1 they sure can help u out!!
jay

here is his profile id
pm him.. he from imi indore.. he pakka will hlep u!

http://www.pagalguy.com/cat/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u;=1081

take care and all da best
jay

hey thanks jaymehta. will pm chandoo write away. have also asked couple of my frineds in India to give a call to IIM-Indore tomorrow morning. I shall also try calling them again tomorrow.

thanks a bunch for responding.

hmm ..seems like i cant edit my message now, may be because certain things have been removed from the forums lately. any way "write" = "right" 😁 . just Pmed Chandoo.

thanks again.

Really sorry for not responding earlier. We guys didnt see this thread.

The Correct Address is the one with the pin code 453331. The other Rajendra Nagar address is the old one, and we have shifted to a new campus at Rau, Indore, 453331.

I'm surprised abt ur case coz all the couriers within India are using this Pin and it's working perfectly fine.

As a last resort, u can do one thing:

Use this address:

The admission office
IIM - Indore
Pigdamber, Rau, Indore 453331
Madhya Pradesh, India.

with the pin code along changed to the former one: 452 012

My guess is the Courier guys have a software that doesnt accept the new pin code. So as long as it comes to Indore, the courier would reach IIM safely coz there's hardly 5 kms difference b/w both the locations, and I personally havee recieved coureirs originally sent to the other location.

PM or reply to this if you need other clarifications.

thanks a bunch Govar. pheww ! I also PMed you just now. I actually din't see this post when I PMed, so sorry for troubling you with the PM. I greatly appreciate it. and no you are not late in responding. I actually posted this message just an hour ago.

I shall go ahead and Fedex it to a friend in Mumbai and ask him to courier it from there on to this particular address. thanks a bunch.

This is a great site. Wasn't expecting this issue to be sloved this fast. Thanks PG and thanks everyone.

just wanted to update you guys:

I just called up Fedex and they said that iff its only 5 kms distance between the two zip codes then they can deliver it without any problem to the new zip code. thanks again guys.

just wanted to update you guys:

I just called up Fedex and they said that iff its only 5 kms distance between the two zip codes then they can deliver it without any problem to the new zip code. thanks again guys.

Good that you found the delivery option finally :). The pincode 453331 is RIGHT as mentioned by GOVAR. Even i dint check the inbox till now.

All the best ,
Chandoo

pheww ! everyone here is awesome ! thanks chandoo for taking the time out to reply. Successfully Fedexed it a couple of minutes back !! and now keeping my fingers crossed and waiting for the shortlist 😃